It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the US become involved in the war between Taiwan and China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Did you know that Taiwan and China are technically still at war?

Taiwan Says In No Hurry To Sign China Peace Treaty

Technically the two sides are still at war, as no peace treaty has ever been signed.
I didn't realize until recently that Taiwan and China are technically still at war, and now the US is deciding whether to provide more planes to Taiwan:

Taiwan air drill highlights US arms sale dilemma

Earlier this month, U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar told Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton that unless Washington supplied Taipei with relatively advanced F-16 jet fighters and upgraded Taiwan's existing F-16 fleet, the island could be left "with no credible air-to-air deterrent."..

Despite its improving relations with China, Ma's government has continued to press for 66 American-made F-16 C/Ds — considered far more advanced than the 145 F-16 A/Bs currently in its inventory. It also has pushed for a $4.5 billion program to upgrade the A/Bs.

But the U.S. has not responded, mindful that approval would infuriate China
How do you think the US will respond to this request by Taiwan for 66 American-made F-16's?

And if the US provides them, will it start WWIII?

What if the US doesn't provide them, what will happen to Taiwan?

edit on 13-4-2011 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

US will not help because he is too embarssed with his financial crisis, presidential events...and sure, cannot dispute with his friend, China, economic friend

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I sure hope so, we need China to be destroyed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
taiwans nickname is "little insurance policy". we will stay heavily arming them so long as we dont like china.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

We are tightly bound in a treaty that is as strong and demanding as our treaty in NATO. That treaty is the one with Taiwan that immediately calls for a heavily armed and heavily defended Taiwan at any and all costs to the US.
United States-Taiwan Relations Act H.R. 2479

The arming of Taiwan with AEGIS Class Naval vessels for missile defense and firearms and aircraft is a stress factor in Sino /US relations.

Putting the US in a war here would break the camels back and completely wipeout the US economy. We would immediately go into rationing status.and martial law with energy blackouts nationwide.
edit on 13-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: droid.problems

edit on 13-4-2011 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Why put a dumb comment like that??? Maybe we should wipe you out and everyone like you, then we would not have half the trouble in this world.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The US would instigate it via a false flag.
Any war is a good war as far as US is concerned.

The US war machine is what needs to be destroyed.

And when the US starts ww3, the 18-20% of US citizens that actually take holidays overseas,
can paint a big red target on there backs, no matter what country they visit.
Citizens will be prisoners in there own country.
That's already in the pipe-line.

They know the people are getting peeved off with the waste of money on wars,
so they are looking for any event to impose martial law.

Just as the KGB runs Russia,
The CIA runs the US.
You don't have to look far to see ex-CIA in the US Govt.
Bush sr for starters...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Only if the US wants their arse kicked will they be involved.
The US doesn't have enough soliders to go around.
Well Not anymore anyway unless they bring back the draft and the US government starts stealing peoples kids AGAIN.

Sorry if the truth hurts
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

LOL, I would not mess with China right now, America is stretched, you already have enough battle fronts and it would be a grave mistake to create more. At least sort out your oil wars first, before you do this or you fellas will be eating rice.

Lets be honest I do not think America has never won a real war and I do not mean little skirmishes like IRAQ, America has cancer and needs to sort out its internals or you will end up a third world country. Heck you fellas cant even deal with your corrupt politicians. Don t get me wrong I don't mind u yanks, you helped us out with the Japs, but your system is really screwed, our lot have modeled our system on yours and its screwing our people big time..

Why not start by dispatching George Bush and his cronies then at least your oil wars might be over, so you might have a chance. Don t forget your only a young nation, China has been waring for thousands of years, and its people will all die for the cause, I know yours wont. And it would not surprise me if your ammunitions, guns and uniforms were made by china, I believe ours are. And to top it off, I have heard that they own all your money, just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

How do you think the US will respond to this request by Taiwan for 66 American-made F-16's.

The answer to that my friend is simple. How does the military industrial complex respond to huge orders like 66 F-16s? With a big round of atta boys, Cuban Cigars, Champagne, and Caviar dreams. Besides if it brings war "we just sell 'em more!!!"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
They already have
when the US sold arms to both side during the glorious revolution
the US failed to deliver the AMMO to the nationalists
guaranteeing the nationalists would lose to the bankers favorite system
Communism

guess what the bankers have in store for the US?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

The US is never ashamed, even at it's weakest it is still the strongest.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American

why..?

kx

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Not if the US actually FOUGHT. I'm sure if the US unleashed all of its hell the whole planet would fall within weeks. That is if there still were a planet. Nearly every plane, jet, ship, chopper, truck and even some large weapons that have electronic systems that the US sells and lends out is all conected to a kill switch so It cannot be used against us, even the stuff we give to allies is chipped. And no sir american munitions, supplies and uniforms are made by our prison population. Don't get me wrong China has a massive population and a huge army, but what good is an army that cannot reach it's enemy what are they going to invade us by ship. The whole war could be fought from 1 computer 300 feet underground. The us is messed up and stupid but if anything war is our culture. The fact that modern nations fight over a jet we built in the 70's should clarify things a bit as well
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: aa

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: man I am fulla typos!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
I've been to both Taiwan and to China and I don't want to see either one destroyed. I also have friends in and from both countries.

China needs to improve on human rights violations, but so does the US with regard to Guantanamo and detaining suspects without due process.

I also wouldn't like the internet wall China has put up if I lived there. Things like that are incentive to urge them to change, but certainly not any incentive to destroy them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
US will not help because he is too embarssed with his financial crisis, presidential events...and sure, cannot dispute with his friend, China, economic friend
The US has provided planes to Taiwan in the past, but not when the economic ties to China were as strong as they are now. So I think you make a valid point, the economic considerations with China are a bigger factor than in the past so of course those ties will influence the decision.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
The answer to that my friend is simple. How does the military industrial complex respond to huge orders like 66 F-16s? With a big round of atta boys, Cuban Cigars, Champagne, and Caviar dreams. Besides if it brings war "we just sell 'em more!!!"
No doubt that's a tempting sale.

But, if the sale precipitated a war that ended up disrupting the economic relations between the US and China, couldn't that have a larger negative impact economically on the US then the positive impact of the sale of planes?

On the other hand, it might force the US to bring some manufacturing back from China so it might create some jobs in the US.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
Only if the US wants their arse kicked will they be involved.
The US doesn't have enough soliders to go around.
Well Not anymore anyway unless they bring back the draft and the US government starts stealing peoples kids AGAIN.
What about all the soldiers freed up from Iraq?

There's no doubt that China has the ability to muster one of the largest armies in the world in terms of pure numbers of men, not only because their population is so large, but also because their male to female ratio favors men.

The US wouldn't try to pit man against man because they would lose in such a conflict due to China's larger numbers.

I think the US strategy would be to try to leverage technology, and not reply on headcount. But the US doesn't really want to fight China, since they are economic friends and trading partners.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Ok, that is good information, but America is very weak on the inside, buy the end of the day it is its own worst enemy. Now I understand why your crime empire run by the courts and lawyers is so demanding on the American people so you still have not moved from being a slave empire, glad I don't live in America, I thought Australia was draconian and backwards.

You may have the biggest Nukes but no one wins in that type of war. I could guess your equipment has been copied and re modded without Americas awareness, or perhaps sold off on the sly by some corrupt politician. Who knows. By the end of the day a war with China would not be good for any of us.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Well no a war would not be good for anyone But I really wouldnt care if it happened business as usual here I suppose, Oh and I highly doubt any of the big weapons could be moded, If you cant mod an xbox without microsoft knowing you cant mod a jet without the us airforce knowing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join