It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
hello surviavalists, something had occurred where i am that had escaped my mind to be ready for, a giant wildfire almost hitting my home, what exactly should i pack incase they say i need to leave, i have some stuff ready, but i am curious on what else.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
it depends. I'd say "where" you're going is
the first question. if you have family you can stay with then you won't really be in a true survival situation. so you'd be able to bring stuff with sentimental value along with your essentials. regardless, id pack a bag with basic clothes and personal hygiene stuff. along with an extra stash of cash, a good knife and a trusty firearm. and id have a good amount of water to bring as well.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
it depends. I'd say "where" you're going is
the first question. if you have family you can stay with then you won't really be in a true survival situation. so you'd be able to bring stuff with sentimental value along with your essentials. regardless, id pack a bag with basic clothes and personal hygiene stuff. along with an extra stash of cash, a good knife and a trusty firearm. and id have a good amount of water to bring as well.

apart from the sentimental crap, i have all of that ready.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by locololo

A Fire Extinguisher.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Depends greatly on where you are located

Desert.. Lots of water, Shelter Cloth and Compass
Mountains.. Warm Clothes and Shelter Cloth
Plains.. Warm clothes and water and Shelter Cloth
etc..

Basically what was posted before is a good start and really all you will need if you are fairly savvy..

Will you be in a vehicle? On foot?

Lots of variables here..

Semper

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
sorry , double post!

edit on 13-4-2011 by bloodnoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You better pack any medical prescriptions you are currently using. Also if you have a cell phone, don't forget your charger so you can be contacted later.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodnoir

Yeah pack your medical prescriptions so when they dont get you with HAARP, you still die a slow death on there 'safe', 'its ok we tested it on animals and they all died, but were pretty sure humans will be fine'

Iam currently not on any prescription medicine, hopefully i intend to keep it this way, but i will be seriously researching anything iam prescribed. The Pharmacutical racket is fully in motion and has been for many years, even more so in the US.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If your home is in danger of burning make sure you take the deed or lease agreement if you keep it in your home. A recent bill that was mailed to that address with your name on it, to prove you live there.

Birth certificate, Passport, Social Security Card, Marriage Certificate, and other photo Id. Copy of your insurance policy, hopefully you're covered. Anything you might need for filing taxes next year that would be hard to replace. Contact info for credit card and bill companies incase you have to redirect your mail, the post office is not always reliable.

DO NOT for get your pets, their licenses and medical recorders.
And of course some already metioned medication and personal hygene. I think that covers it.

And it would be very nice of you to contact your neighbor at work and tell them what going on so they have a chance to rescue their pets and stuff.

NonSineCura
edit on 4/13/2011 by NonSineCura because: Had a few I types to add that didn't warn starting a new reply.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Remember, you will be able to return at some point. There's probably going to be precious little time to run around and grab a lot of things. You should have a 1500 degrees for 30 minutes safe waterproof firebox or two in the home anyway. These can store your important documents on a day to day basis and you can grab them (they weigh about 30 pounds empty) when you have to get out. Also they will protect your documentation in case your home should burn without a wildfire starting it. The best place I've found for them would be in a corner of the basement in the bottom of a chest freezer. If you do this be sure to put the paperwork in foodsaver bags or ziplock type freezer bags and seal them up good. Even if you just put the fireboxes in a closet or under the stairs the stuff inside them should be in those bags to act as an extra insurance policy for water leakage.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
like to add

your going to need cash at some point

so your wallet among what everyone else has said.

edit on 16-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Books on Wild plants, or start leaning about them now. Better to forage for food than carry them.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kitosoren808

sorry reply-ed to wrong thread, thought it was another survival thread... my bad

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It seems we keep re-inventing the wheel here. There is already acres of discussion here and all over the net on this. Plus so much depends on the nature, duration and location of the threat, it's like asking how long is a piece of string. So I'm tempted to say to the OP, if you need to be so spoon fed, you would probably not survive anyway

But hey I'll play.
Try important documents/laminated copies, a supply of any meds, water/water filtering equipment, clothes, shoes, shelter, map.........................................

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Opinions are all over the place-----and most of them make it here at least once.
Many threads are dozens of pages long on the topic.

I would suggest a "search engine".

Type in your question, and pick the answer you like.

Internet 101 for free.

The companies supplying grab and go kits have at least one offering for every scenario, and hundreds of books have everything from most basic 3rd grader explanations to hardcore ranger training.

Just take the basic assumption that you have no food, water, electricity, fuel or public services (including police and fire) and choose what you can live without for a period of time------or the rest of your life.

top topics

join