It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we go to the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a subject that has driven me crazy.

We have moon rocks. But they just found Martian rocks in Anartica.

We have pictures but they are very easily faked.

We had the technology but did you see the special on the landing that said the lander's skin was MYLAR and nothing more?

Why won't Armstrong talk?

I know this is an old subject but can anyone PROVE that we were there? Or that we weren't?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have no proof, but at this point I do not believe it. Why hasn't anyone else followed in our footsteps? Somebody would have by now.

I think we had superior Hollywood technology and were in desperate need of a psy/ops/military victory.

Who knows, though. I'm not big on arguing my view on this. If America needs to believe in that heroic tale, I say let them. If it's true, all the better.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Moderators, please trash this nutcase thread. Or at least put it in some moonbat conspiracy forum where it belongs. This "subject" has nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Donguillermo,

I have a solution for your rage, if you don�t like or agree with a thread don�t contribute or view it. Problem solved.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im not sure if we can prove or disprove the moon threory to be honest,
There is so much for and against the theroy "did we go to the moon"

www.uwgb.edu...

Heres a good site on the theroy.

The Apollo astronauts all landed on the day side of the moon, and all the videos they shot from orbit were over the day side, so the exposure settings were all for daylight. Set your camera to 1/125 at f/8 (a setting typical of the slower films in use in 1969). Aim it at the night sky and shoot pictures. Tell me how many stars you see. Aim your camcorder at the sky and see how many stars you can film.

Even with the eye you'd have difficulty seeing stars from the daytime lunar surface unless you stood in a shadow and shielded yourself from any light reflected from the ground, for the same reason you can't see stars from a brightly lit parking lot at night.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This got me thinking.....say we did hoax the moon landing. Then, we need to keep "going to the moon" so as not to destroy the facade. Then we get sick of having to fake it. What better way to get the people to say "ok, lets stop going to the moon" than to have a near death experience with some astronauts? Apollo 13 anyone? Just a thought. I believe that was the last "voyage" to the moon....I could be wrong...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Arg this thread is stupid now and it was stupid before
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Its already been covered, please search before you start a new thread folks.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yes, we went. Humans used to do things. It was cool. Like build pyramids, go to the moon and jump things on motorcycles. All of which will be proven either a hoax or proof of alien intervention as all novelty continues to erode in our incredible march to mediocrity.

We now return you to your Playstation skate board simulator.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
duh... yes, man did go to the moon! even if the US government was able to pull off a hoax such as the moon landing, there would be no way they could still have us believing the crap decades later. think about the logic. you would have to be a complete idiot to believe in the moon hoax.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...
www.badastronomy.com...

:bnghd:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I never said I believed in the hoax...was just posing a question/thought. So when is asking a question stupid? I thought the saying was "there are no stupid questions"? As far as searching for previous threads....I've tried that before and have come up with nothing when I know it has been posted (I've searched for threads that I myself have started). Now maybe they have been deleted or I'm just "stupid" and can't figure this whole boleen search thing out. Don't put people down for asking questions that may have been asked before....not everyone is as intellegent as you ya know. :bash:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The people on the colombia shuttle died for no reason. Did they now that they were risking their lives for a hoax. If I see any of their family members I'll be sure to give them the heads up on the issue.

Now that you mention it sputnik wasn't even in space. It was just a star that had a predictable pattern, right. TVs are alien intervention right. There are no satelites in space.

Nasa isn't considering to build an elevator to the moon, using cybnertic fiber as the cable. That must be a hoax too. Wait there is no such thing as Nasa.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard...I have a solution for your rage, if you don�t like or agree with a thread don�t contribute or view it. Problem solved.

I agree!
This is a Message Board. Just ignore any thread you're not interested in, and go on to the next thread. I hate it when people ask for threads to be locked.
(With the exception of a duplicate thread already existing on the same question; in that case, I favor merging the two threads, not locking one of them.)

Yes, we went to the Moon!
No doubt about it. A lot of the Apollo equipment is still sitting on the Moon, as well as the famous U.S. flag.
We stopped going to the Moon, and other countries haven't done so as well, because up to this point going to the Moon is very expensive, taking lots of planning. Plus, now that we can get there and back, until technology makes it easy to do so, and humanity is ready to put a permanant lunar colony on the Moon, there's no point in returning for now.

But we will return there!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
well, the way i look at it, if we did go to the moon... umm...this makes no change whatsoever in my life... if we didn't go to the moon, i like the government a little less than i already DON'T!!! but ultimately... it has no effect on my life whatsoever...
-Josh

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yes, Apollo 11 placed men on the moon in 1969, the big year that was. And the USA cannot safely orbit a shuttle around the earth today, the quality of scientists and engineers and managers not being there any more.

Not to forget, that in a pale imitation of Kennedy, "president" George W Bush has already given a Man On Mars speech. But being a feeble excuse for a human being and leader he will "preside" over f*cking that up like everything else that he has ever "had his hand turned to" in life.

The last four years have been a statement in favor of affirmative action. Rich, stupid sons of former Presidents should have the same rights to become "president" as any reasonable person... it only takes voter disenfranchisement and vote counting fraud and Supreme Court corruption to move affirmative action to the "highest office in the land".

1969 happened.

Did everything since 2000 happen?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
1- "We have moon rocks. But they just found Martian rocks in Anartica."
Yes, but the one does not necessarily equate to the other. This is a comparison that does not stand up.

2- "We have pictures but they are very easily faked. "
Check out the following links. They should answer this for you.
badastronomy.com...
badastronomy.com...
badastronomy.com...
badastronomy.com...
badastronomy.com...
badastronomy.com...

3- "We had the technology but did you see the special on the landing that said the lander's skin was MYLAR and nothing more? "

That "nothing more" than Mylar was a bit more...
"Covered with its distinctive gold mylar to protect it from the extreme conditions on the Moon � where temperatures range from 100 degrees Celsius to 100 degrees above � "

The mylar was not exposed until far after the the exit from the Earth's atmosphere.
The mylar covered lunar lander, additionally, was not used to return to Earth. THAT was the job of the Command Service Module, Columbia.
The lunar lander was covered over by the gold mylar to protect it from the extremes on the surface of the moon, but the mylar never had to go through any conditions that put it at serious risk (such as exit or re-entry through an atmosphere)

4- "Why won't Armstrong talk? "
I dont know.
But take a look at www.space.com...
It seems that Mr Armstrong is a VERY private person, and only recently has decided to tell his story.

For further questions about the moon landing and the possibility of a hoax, take a look at badastronomy.com...

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i didnt believe it- but now i do believe it- after doing some reasearch- there was something about the russians were spying on the americans at the time of the moon landing- and they say it happend- so why would they lie aswell?

I will try to find some links to back up what i have said- please correct me if i am wrong

top topics

join