It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Serial Killer Body Count Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Police searching for more victims of a suspected serial killer in Long Island have confirmed the latest two sets of remains discovered are human.
It potentially brings the body count so far to 10, although it is unclear if the remains belong to one person or two different people.
Around 125 police officers had expanded their search to new areas of the remote Jones Beach State Park in the south of Long Island, south east New York.
It was then that the bones and skull were discovered, one and a half miles apart.
After an extensive search using a helicopter police ended their efforts, but said they could return
Nassau County police executive Edward Mangano told Sky News: "Obviously some crazed killer dumped bodies here, we're disgusted by it, we're angry over it and we're going to catch this person.

"We're going to hunt them down, find them and put them in jail."

In December 2010 it was the search for missing 24-year-old prostitute Shannon Gilbert that led to the discovery of four murdered women.
Maureen Brainard-Barnes, Melissa Barthelmy, Megan Waterman and Amber Lynn Costello had all worked as prostitutes and, like Shannon, had advertised their services on the website Craigslist.

They were all wrapped in sacks and dumped near a lonely stretch of road that runs through isolated beaches and thick shrub land.
Three months later, at the beginning of April, police found four more bodies in the area.
But the windy and salty conditions have made forensics challenging and none of those corpses have yet been identified.
Police, who are yet to name a suspect, say they have been looking at possible links with a case in Atlantic City in 2006, when four murdered prostitutes were discovered in similar circumstances.
Shannon Gilbert has still not been found.

Full Story

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Who's doing all this, one person or a group? and why, proving a point?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think this may be a body dumping ground for the Mafia

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
cleaning the streets of the filth.
it could be some crazy vigilante but more likely to be some guy who got cheated non by some girl he loved.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

cleaning the streets of the filth.

I'm sure the families of the murdered women will agree with your sentiments. How inhumane of you to consider them filth because, for whatever reasons, they've resorted to selling their bodies to make a living.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i think its one person, a normal everyday person, cracking under the huge pressure of their life, house payments, rising prices,work stress,home stress, lack of money. all of this will seem normal to the person too cause ONCE YOU CRACK YOU CANT GO BACK

Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

* The Joker The Dark Knight

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

What is the difference between a terrorist and serial killer would be great discussion point. Hope this killer is found quickly and no more lives are destroyed.

It seems all or most were prostitutes who advertised. What a dangerous job and degrading job for women.
edit on 13-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpal

I may be wrong but isn't Plum Island Animal Disease Center right off the coast of Long Island, NY? Could these women have been test subjects for something? If you where a Government official who was in charge of getting live human specimens where would you find one? Maybe a prostitute?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is a really sad case where as time passes more questions than answers come up. I read an article recently that said the investigators think it's possible the killer can be someone who had been in law enforcement, because of the steps it seems the killer took to hide his tracks, something like that.

Thats a long stretch of shoreline for 10 bodies, very sad. And worse, it seems these detectives really dont have much to go on, time is passing and whoever this sick maniac is, is watching it all and possibly continuing. I hope they catch this guy soon, the families that live by the beach can worry a little less and these families who lost their daughters and nieces and sisters find some kind of closure.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

I think this may be a body dumping ground for the Mafia

I highly doubt it has anything to do with the mafia.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

What is the difference between a terrorist and serial killer would be great discussion point.

Sure would, to not get off topic here, maybe you should make a thread on it

Back on topic, why would you dump 10 bodies at a beach anyway? Thats kinda asking for them to be found, considering the snow was gonna melt and summer coming along, people coming to the beach....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

My guess is it's a nutjob with a fancy for killing people. I was talking about this last week when it was likened to Jack The Ripper, I guess that's just because of the vitims though. It'll turn out to be 1 person, although it's far from unheard of for couples to be serial killers!

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Back on topic, why would you dump 10 bodies at a beach anyway? Thats kinda asking for them to be found, considering the snow was gonna melt and summer coming along, people coming to the beach....

Don't some serial killers like the chase and tend to leave little clues on purpose? At least so that people know it's all the same person?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

Don't some serial killers like the chase and tend to leave little clues on purpose? At least so that people know it's all the same person?

Of course, some terrorists like that also...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

that was not my thoughts but a possible mind frame of a vigilante, i suppose i could have worded it better.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DJKris

maybe the original JACK THE RIPPER was a time traveler.....and he's back

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wedidgothacked
reply to post by DJKris

maybe the original JACK THE RIPPER was a time traveler.....and he's back

Well that would certainly explain why the murders suddenly stopped

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

I may be wrong but isn't Plum Island Animal Disease Center right off the coast of Long Island, NY? Could these women have been test subjects for something? If you where a Government official who was in charge of getting live human specimens where would you find one? Maybe a prostitute?

Yes Plum Island is...
Possible conspiracy there. Seems more like a serial killers work by targeting a certain group-of easily accessible people who might not have recent contacts of caring people. Plum Island might be more linked, or said to be, to cadavers, people who "volunteer" and "missing" people.

Who or what ever it might be...sad and I hope this is ended and justice brought for the victims.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just now started reading into this whole long island serial killer thing, and I found this article posted on July 12th of this year, it has way more detail and its about 5 pages long so I suggest you guys read it. On page 4 it says a total of maybe ten bodies was found. including a baby girl and an Asian male in his 20`s. Not all were hookers. But anyway look into this, read and discuss cause im interested in this. I smell a cover up going on. It says in the article that one of the missing girls who hasn't been found yet called the police that night saying "they are trying to kill me help, help help' So she ran to the first lit up house she could find and was hysterical telling the owner of the home that they were trying to kill her and he called the police, and told her he called them and she looked at him and ran, like she knew the cops were in on it or something along those lines. Just give it a read yourself.

long island serial killer?

top topics

join