It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the New "Normal".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Get used to it, folks. This way of life is the new "normal".

There are no more bubbles to ride up.
There is no more free credit from every corner.
There is no increase in wages.
There is no abundance of work.

To explain this very simply, we're producing more goods, for the same wages as someone was earning in 1970. Which means, in order to have a market for these goods, we need MORE money from somewhere. But where?

So, instead of paying us wages we deserve, we're BORROWING money - at interest - to pay for the goods our extra work/effort is producing. So not only are we being paid less than what we deserve, we're paying MORE (because of interest) for everything we buy! We're the ultimate SUCKER!

The average American cannot simply "raise the debt ceiling" over and over and over and over and over. Try telling a bill collector that if you were allowed to go just a little bit more in debt that you KNOW you'd eventually be able to pay them back.

The banks loan us money, which they create out of thin air. The people put up real goods as collateral, and the banks collect the goods when they aren't paid.

The complexity of the problem goes to the job market, where an abundance of people looking for jobs will only LOWER the average wages. Why would someone pay you $9.00/hr when some schmuck will do the job for $8.50... and some other schmuck for $8.00... and some other schmuck for $7.50?

Get used to it. As inflation surges forward, wages stagnate and even deteriorate, the roller coaster ride from here will still have it's ups and downs, but roller coasters never end up higher than where they started.

It's not like anyone's actually paying attention...
Reality meets
Fiction
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I agree with you 100%, though I hadn't thought of all this in those specific terms. I've said for a while now that we will not pull out of this. That we are witnessing the fall of the good ol' US of A. Makes me grateful that I HAVE a job, and that it's a profession that bartering is an easy option once the SHTF.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Substitue USA for the UK and you have the same here as well.

Maybe it is a ploy by China to send all of us in the west back to the stone age.

Think about it, when was the last item of goods that you brought that was NOT made in China ?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Firstly about but those links you posted:
OMG that 3d viewer is EXACTLY what;s the problem with the world today!!!
GO OUT AND SEE THE DAMN WORLD!!! people need to stop sitting on their asses viewing things through a silly viewer. Nothing is real anymore it's all virtual.

Im not against technology - hell Ive been in IT all my life - it;s my bread and butter.. but theres gotta be a balance.
Its a TOOL - thats all - it's not the be all and end all.

Anyhow back to the post - yup the poop has hit the fan and whats TRULY amazing is that all the sheeple who once chanted "it will never happen, it will never happen..." are now chanting "okay so it happened but WAIT.. it'll get better" perhaps if they stopped acting like ostriches with heads in the sand - or a 3D VIEWER- they might get off their butts and take some action to MAKE it better.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Danish

Everybody knows by L Cohen

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The real problem here is a severe lack of Congressional oversight on government spending, and also spending billions to fight wars for profit at taxpayer expense. GWB made it so the Executive had all of the power, and fully bypassed the Congress on several occasions during his administration. Obama does the same things, the precedent has been set. Now the president can do anything he wants, it seems, and you pay for it. Until a real oversight panel is set up, with some real teeth, this will just go on until America is fully in the hole.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just one thing I wanna ask?

Did you Americans always think, you were always going to be No.1?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Our economic system ( I mean this form of world liberal capitalism ) is the machine we are all building, we are creating this, perfecting it. This machine is improved every year to work better and better. We are told to be proud of this machine. It evolves to be reliable and it is. The only thing we don't like to talk about is that this machine is designed to kill us.

new topics

top topics

join