It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul vs Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Who do you think is Obama's biggest threat to knock him out the white house next year? Donald Trump? no chance, Sarah Palin? not in a million years, Ron Paul, very good chance!

I think Ron Paul could seriously win the election, He speaks sense and reminds me of the things JFK use to say. I hope Obama loses but I dont want some idiot like Palin taking over.

What about David Duke? lol, I heard he is going to run for president. He may get high votes from the tea party and in places such as texas such.

I just hope Obama doesnt try and use the same old minority vote tactic, Imagine if Ron Paul said "All white people should vote for me" He would get creamed in the media yet Obama is allowed to use it for his own people and no one cares.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ron will crush them all in the debates, but as usual, this will not be covered very well by the mainstream media. They will manipulate the perceptions of people as always. David duke is a pr nightmare because of his strong affiliation with white supremacist ideals, the KKK, and meeting with Ahmendeninjad (sp?).
edit on 13-4-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 88solarman88

You pose a good question. To be honest I don't think Ron Paul could win, although I would love it if he did. Ron Paul's vision for America is far too radical for most "moderate", ignorant Americans. I assure you that David Duke wouldn't get any support from the Tea Party, maybe a few individuals here and there, but every group, left or right, has their idiots. I think there are two people that could and probably would beat Obama... Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. I think Mitt Romney is a fake, phony, progressive, big government neocon republican. He's from Massachusetts, so that's that. Newt is a big government republican, with some conservative leanings, but he is certainly not the answer to our problems. I hope Herman Cain can get a serious shot at the republican nomination, because that is the number one person I would love to see in the white house. I wonder what the left would say if that happened, considering that Herman Cain is black and he is about as conservative as a person can be. That would take care of the racism accusations from the left. I personally think that it doesn't matter who gets elected because our problems can not be fixed politically. Individual states should come together and agree to form 4,5 or 6 confederations and tell the bloated, tyrannical federal government to pack sand. Of course all of the progressive libtards could form their own confederation of states, but then they would have a major problem. Who would work and pay the taxes for everything? You see, liberals need conservatives in order to function, but conservatives don't need liberals. The solution to our problems is for states to start succeeding one by one until the federal government has been starved to death from lack of funding. Once the monster is dead then the confederations could work together to form another union of states or keep the confederation system if they wished. This idea may seem pretty radical, and I admit that it is, but before you start in on me realize that as much as I would love to take credit for it I can't, because this idea was actually Thomas Jefferson's. It was one of his hypothetical contingency plans in the event that the constitutional republic were to fail due to an overbearing and tyrannical government.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I cannot decide if the people that own and operate this country would want Ron Paul to be elected or not. It depends on how close they are to finishing their plan - it seems close. He would either be immediately assassinated by them or they would use his views on the size and function of the federal government to create an armed resistance of people on the left against Ron Paul which could quickly lead to a second Civil War. I'm not sure what Ron Paul would do if that happened.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If it was JUST Paul vs. Obama, I think Paul would have a very good chance. As in, Paul magically bypassing all the primaries and instantly appearing as the contender.

But, unfortunately, I don't think it's possible for him to win the republican nomination or to beat Obama as an independent. The media is going to censor him, mar him, and relegate him to the sidelines.

Looking at things realistically, Trump would probably have the best chance to make it all the way through the hoops. He's more mainstream.

And I think that is pretty sad. If it comes down to Trump and Obama, I will feel utterly hopeless again just like last time it was between McCain and Obama.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ron Paul, love the guy, but he's never going to win.

Here's why:

1) He's old. The last choices should indicate that America wants a young and vibrant President.

2) He's unknown. Mainstream America doesn't know the guy, and without a major PR push, they never will.

3) He lacks the charisma needed to win. Sad but true, that charisma is still a key factor in this.

4) He's not going to have the backing of a major party...and while this sucks, it's crucial to get elected these days.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ron Paul, is a right wing kook. The same goes for most of the other Repub. presidential hopefuls.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
Ron Paul, is a right wing kook. The same goes for most of the other Repub. presidential hopefuls.

If right wing kooks wanted to end wars, disband military bases in other countries, cut the government, cut government power, end the Fed, end the IRS, end the war on drugs, restore the Bill of Rights....

Seriously, I really doubt many right wingers agree with Ron Paul.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

After reading your post I will assume that you lean to the left. That being said, you stating that Ron Paul is a right wing kook is understandable. What I don't understand is how you could think that most of the other Republican hopefuls are also right wing kooks, considering most of them are just as progressive as Clinton, Obama, Reid and Pelosi. McCain, Romney, Gingrich, Lindsey Graham, among many other Republicans are no different than any other big government politician. They all have the same goal in mind, but progressive republicans have a different means of getting us there. Obama is taking America to hell at 100mph, McCain or Romney would take us to hell at 60mph... either way we are still going to hell. The same could be said for every President for the last 50 years, with the exception of Reagan, who was hampered by a Democratically controlled congress. Clearly the status quo isn't working and it will only dig a deeper hole, so when a candidate like Ron Paul comes along with completely different ideas he is called a "right wing kook" among other things. If it makes you feel better 98% of Republicans consider him a right wing kook also, so what does that say about the Republican party? The (R) and (D) paradigm must end. Let me ask you this... who would you like to see as President and what do you believe is the best direction for America? I mean, at least provide an alternative to the right wing kooks instead of sticking with the common liberal plan of name calling without an intelligent alternative. Convince me that I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikus

I agree with those things you listed. However, I wonder what conservatives who seperate Libertarians from Republicans, have to say about corporate-&-financial regulation, environmental regulation, Social Security for disability, and other assistance for the impoverished at risk of becoming homeless.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

If right wing kooks wanted to end wars, disband military bases in other countries, cut the government, cut government power, end the Fed, end the IRS, end the war on drugs, restore the Bill of Rights....

Seriously, I really doubt many right wingers agree with Ron Paul.

If I tell you I will do all of this when I become president, would you vote for me?? You are the one who is swayed by everything you hear. If you think back to Obama or whatever his real name is, what he said "change" what did we see out of that speech?? NOTHING but tearing our economy/country apart!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
If I tell you I will do all of this when I become president, would you vote for me?? You are the one who is swayed by everything you hear. If you think back to Obama or whatever his real name is, what he said "change" what did we see out of that speech?? NOTHING but tearing our economy/country apart!!!

Obama had a hidden record before he became president. All he had to do was spout hope and change and rely on media support for him being the first black president.

Ron Paul has stuck to his message for years and in the open. He has voted with his mind.

There is a vast difference between voting for a person that will say anything (like Obama) and voting for someone who has a solid record.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
A lot of what Ron Paul says makes perfect sense, but I think he will lose just like he always does. You never hear the media really cover what he says and they treat him like that weird relative that everyone thinks is cute but doesn't pay much mind to.

He's already run twice and you have to give him credit if he tries again in 2012. I think our country needs someone like Ron Paul right now, but the ignorant masses will probably treat him like they usually do and not give him a second glance.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Not sure if you were around during the last round of elections, but the country overwhelmingly decided they liked right wing kooks.....vs. Obama's false message of change.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Dear Sir or Maddem. I would like to ask you what your smoking and if you have anymore please share with the group. 1st off Ronald Regan was way oler and he won 2 terms. Yes that was the 1980's but still very viable today. 2nd How can you say that Ron Paul is not knowing? You can go around anywhere in the U.S. and say his name. People will and do know it. How do you figure that he has no crisma? I belive the Repubs would be greatful to have a man as Great as Ron to run on their ticket. I look forward to your response.!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianDE

Gazrok, you just got pwned. Now's your chance to show your incredibly impartial modding and give this poster an applause. Cause they're right.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Erno86

Nice one liner there.

Care to expand your thoughts and give science of your claims?

Or are you trolling?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I see people call Ron Paul a "kook" or a "nutjob" or whatever else, but they never say WHY.

Why is Ron Paul a "kook?" What exactly is "kooky" about his politics?

In my opinion he is pretty much right on point when it comes to most things, I almost feel like people who bash Ron Paul are simply either ignorant or un-American.
edit on 4/26/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus

If that's a right-wing kook, then SIGN me up.

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by Vikus

I agree with those things you listed. However, I wonder what conservatives who seperate Libertarians from Republicans, have to say about corporate-&-financial regulation, environmental regulation, Social Security for disability, and other assistance for the impoverished at risk of becoming homeless.

They support and benefit from the corporatism of big businesses and governments. When it comes to big industry, most republicans and democrats stand on the same side. It's as if Republican and Democrat are becoming irrelevant to obsolete. The real crux of our society is hinged on corporatism vs free-market, 'capitalism'. What seems immoral and unconstitutional is how Government.inc and powerful industries can have so much influence on our governing and string tax-payers along for the ride.

Like Ron Paul said on "The View" 4/25/11

Both parties are war parties, let's face it; that's what we have to admit. I don't know why. It' might even be a conspiracy. But it seems like the military industrial complex controls both parties; because a lot of weapons are sold; and you always have to have an enemy."
"If you want good medical care or if you want a healthy economy you have to have a free market economy with sound money and good contract laws; and then there will be great prosperity. But we have a system of corporatism now; where business and governments are partners and they rip us off. Whether it's the military industrial complex .[or medical industrial complex].. In medicine today both parties promote a form of medicine delivered by corporations; big drug companies, big insurance companies. And that's why we have lousy care."

Ron Paul has introduced at least 2, maybe 3 bills to preserve social security and keep the government from robbing the "trust" fund they had between the American people. But of course, his bills were shot down. Because if both sides can get away with moving some money around and scraping some of the top, then they will; it doesn't matter what letters or symbols they put beside their name.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I agree with everything Ron Paul has to say, it's true that i'm a little worried about Social Security for disability but heck if it must be scraped then come up with a new program to aid the disabled through a monetary system...

Bottom line the two biggest threats to the United States are the Federal Reserve and the Military–industrial complex heck even Eisenhower back in 1961 warned about the threat of the Military–industrial complex and if elected Ron Paul plans on doing something about these two threats, not since Kennedy have i seen a man with true abbition to really make change not just say it....and to the skeptics i say stop being your grandfather with the same old concerns which in return we get the same old candidates getting in which amount to nothing...evolve people...evolve.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join