It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposed BBC hidden agenda to promote war within Iran.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Exposed BBC hidden agenda to promote war within Iran.

The BBC World Service recently announced that it's to receive a "significant" sum of money from the US government to help combat the blocking of TV and internet services in countries including Iran.

Critics say this proves that the BBC has a wider, political agenda, closely linked to the anti-Iran rhetoric of the British government.

And critics feel this latest Panorama programme is part of a wider politically motivated attempt to target Iran.

In recent years it has produced several programmes on Iran, usually from a critical point of view.

so the seeds are being planted...your all being prepaired for the big one.

EDIT: everyone in the UK is forced to pay for this propaganda machine.

if you don'y pay the the fee forced upon you,you get a criminal record and a £1000 fine....don't you love this so called free society.

edit on 13-4-2011 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
you mentionned big one. So it is planned

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Israel controls all the major media outlets, are you really surprised they're using propaganda? That's pretty much 80% of their content.

Always appreciate more people calling them out on it though.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Yeah, the defect's testimony is as credible as "Curveball", who went to Germany and told the German authorities about WMDs in Trucks (?). Then he came out to say, "I lied", and I lied because I didn't like Saddam and wanted US to start a war against Iraq to get rid of him.

This is the same, you can't take the words of these defects as facts. Since BBC made a whole program about it, and EU is sanctioning Iran based on these dubious accounts, there is a bigger agenda here, to stir violence and unrest.

Worse MKO camps are being moved by the Iraqi regime at the request of US. It is all timed, MKO is the terrorist organization which has attacked Iran many times. Iran saw it coming, I'm proud of them.

*Tears of Joy*
edit on 13-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: add extra text and typo

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LaTouffe

oh yeah ..its on....its just about getting everyone prepared for the big humanitarian mission to save the world from the iranian tyranny.

don't get me wrong..i don't support iran...i just don't want any part in a war with them..as it will end in tears for the whole world.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

US doesn't care whether a world war occurs right now or not. Its economy is at a point of no return and only war can wipe out its depths. There's a reason why US is willing to cut budgets from all across US except defense.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I Had to reply to this thread as I want to prouduce one huge problem to you.

You do know the BBC is the most left wing Media outlet just behind the Guardian?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Yes the BBC is just a propaganda machine, the way they repeated the WMD mantra over and over and (not so) subtly placed reports about 9/11 before stories about Saddam Hussein constantly in the lead up to the Iraq war was obvious....to some of us.

They are completely biased when it comes to Israel and Palestine too. In 2009 they refused to appeal for charities that were helping civillians in the Gaza strip, when they appeal on behalf of all sorts of charities all the time.

With regards to licence fees, they send out strongly worded theatening letters that give them an air of authority. They actually have to get on your property and see your Tv/radio ect. to prosecute. They don't have a right by law to come onto your property though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
i dont think they are that pro israel as that recent louis theroux show was not looking at israel in too favourable a light.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Let us not forget that press TV, is an Iranian goverment TV channel. Well known for pushing certain agendas.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Press TV agenda..?
compared to the lies we have been force fed by the western "press"
we never noticed

left - hitler
right - stalin
oooh, some choice that is

has the beeb been getting the weather forecasts right at all lately?

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: content spellin gramma

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Press TV agenda..?
compared to the lies we have been force fed by the western "press"
we never noticed
It's ALL agenda driven. (media, i mean) We just have to try and take a step back and see what they're trying to push on us.....and then ignore it completly.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

sounds good to me
I'd like to find a product which actually does contain the daily recommended dosage of truth...
I didn't see any advertising for this anywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

sounds good to me
I'd like to find a product which actually does contain the daily recommended dosage of truth...
I didn't see any advertising for this anywhere.

You ain't likely too either. Unless you're after some kind of creasote, which does exactly what is says on this tin...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Israel controls all the major media outlets, are you really surprised they're using propaganda? That's pretty much 80% of their content.

You can not say that you jew hating, Hitler loving, facists bastard.

Now we have all the IDF BS out the way i would like to take you up on this 80% figure because i have done my
research on this subject and if you follow the names and the money then i suspect it is over 80% and if I had to put a figure on it then i would say it is well over 90%.

In this new world they are trying to create they will have you killed for pointing out the truth, they fear it because it can not be killed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

i agree it is iranian state tv....and i'm under no illusion that press tv is not a propaganda machine for iran,but this is about getting news from both sides and coming to your own opinion/conclusion....

its good to see the argument from both sides...it gives us in the middle a chance to really understand whats going on.

plus you also have to take into con-tex,the thinking of iran here,if this is there stance that the west is gearing up for a war with them,you have to be worried,as it's almost like were all being lead into the 3rd world war...almost as if both sides expect it,and it just a matter of time..

Iran staff

News anchors have included: Kaveh Taghvai, Arash Zahedi, Saeid Pourreza, Hassan Tavakoli, Kaneez Fatima, Homa Lezgee, Bardia Honardar, Waqar Rizvi, Behrouz Nadjafi, Nargess Moballeghi and Marzieh Hashemi. Also anchoring Sports International news in Tehran is Sheena Shirani, Junot Castelyn and Amir Hossein Eskandar.

Before returning to London, Afshin Rattansi, a former journalist with the BBC Today program, CNN International, Bloomberg and Al Jazeera Arabic, also anchored from Press TV's HQ in Tehran. Amir Arfa hosts a Press TV media criticism show called "Fine Print." Arfa's show used to feature live debates among guests appearing by satellite, a format that has fallen out of favor with the station's management.

Arfa admits that his guest roster is skewed, but blamed most major media organisations for their reluctance to allow their reporters to appear on Press TV, even when the reporters themselves are willing. "If the lineup of guests seems lop-sided, its not our fault," Arfa said in an interview. "We try hard to have a balanced show, but the mainstream media shuts you out."

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I think you should all watch this video,it's just some info for you all to digest....

The Real Nuclear Rogue, Terrorist State

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I knew which side the BBC's bread was buttered when they adamantly refused to show the Gaza aid appeal.

www.guardian.co.uk...
english.aljazeera.net...
news.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC's explanation:

"Inevitably an appeal would use pictures which are the same or similar to those we would be using in our news programmes but would do so with the objective of encouraging public donations.

"The danger for the BBC is that this could be interpreted as taking a political stance on an ongoing story."

He stressed the corporation would "continue to cover the human side of the conflict in Gaza extensively across our news services where we can place all of the issues in context in an objective and balanced way".

Yes balanced indeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
You do realise that the world service is not under BBC control? It is run and paid for by the foreign office. The BBC will be running but not until 2014

Last October the government reduced the World Service's £237 million annual budget by 16% and announced the BBC would take over the cost of running it from the Foreign Office from 2014.

Source

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Do you have a link to where the BBC says that they will receive this money?

I would like to know.
edit on 13-4-2011 by UrgentInsurgent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join