It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a real alien or is it a hologram or neither?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hi Everybody!

Guess what? I found this video on Youtube and want to know what you think of it.

The man in the video says that this UFO came out of a lake. I wonder if it lives there? Maybe it is getting water from the lake and just visiting?

Also supermushmouse said that the "entity" knew that it was being video taped.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

A real unknown phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Really?! Ohhhh yes! Nice.
Well thank you for your input!

I'd love to know more about this "plasma" object.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
An hour well saved from not watching the video for me!

Phew.

Now if you could provide some details as to when to look at whatever artefacts these are going to be that's be appreciated.

Just a time-stamp you know like 59:59 or something.

Thanks in advance!

-m0r

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The video is worthless. Really its just a dot of light in the sky that could be almost anything at all.

The zoom power of his camera is impressive, but it
a/ exceeds the steadiness of the air. Its why stars twikle and you cant see them clearly.
b/ exceeds the resolving power of the lens. I see some diffraction effects.

Basically, you'd get the same meaningless mess of light by magnifying the image in the same way of any ordinary star near the horizon, where the air is unsteady and / or dity (see, its over a city). Try it yourself oneday.
Blowing up each blurry shot one frame at a time reveals no information.

What he *could* have done if he was a clever astronomer, was to take a steady shot of hundreds of frames, and then used some astrophotography software to 'stack' them together to average out the effects of the air turbulence. But you'd need better optics than he has.

File this one under "could be anything at all".

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Seems something like the famous Hessdalen Lights Phenomena.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please have a look to this amazing videos.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Yes, I can do that. No problem.

The entire video concerns one "UFO".

Start watching @ :23, that's when SMM points his camera directly at the object to give the viewer an idea of perspective, of where the object his in comparison to himself, Toronto, etc.

At about 55 seconds, he zooms in closer to the object. Then he continues to zoom in getting closer and closer to the object.

Basically the remainder of the video is a compilation of still images.

Hope you get something positive from the video. And I'd enjoy hearing your opinion on what you think the object/anomaly is or isn't.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Well I highly doubt its a hologram, but UFO maybe. Never seen this video, and far as I can tell it looks unedited.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The video is worthless. Really its just a dot of light in the sky that could be almost anything at all.

Thank you for your opinion. I will mull it over as I am falling asleep. *should have been in bed hours ago.*

The zoom power of his camera is impressive, but it
a/ exceeds the steadiness of the air. Its why stars twikle and you cant see them clearly.
b/ exceeds the resolving power of the lens. I see some diffraction effects.

Good point. I'm glad that you brought up the twinkling star angle. Not disagreeing with what you're saying but isn't the twinkle for stars an atmospheric affect? Wouldn't the object have to be beyond our atmosphere to not be seen clearly like a twinkling star? If you're referring to "air turbulence" and pollution only, then please disregard my interjection.

"Resolving power" and "diffraction effects"...interesting. Very. You see I am extremely interested in how certain objects interact with cameras and lenses. So these particular impressions are quite important.

Basically, you'd get the same meaningless mess of light by magnifying the image in the same way of any ordinary star near the horizon, where the air is unsteady and / or dity (see, its over a city). Try it yourself oneday.
Blowing up each blurry shot one frame at a time reveals no information.

Yes, I see your point. There is certainly much distance between the camera and the object/artifact/effect. And I do know what you mean about the distortion. I need not attempt it myself, I know exactly what you're getting at.

What he *could* have done if he was a clever astronomer, was to take a steady shot of hundreds of frames, and then used some astrophotography software to 'stack' them together to average out the effects of the air turbulence. But you'd need better optics than he has.

File this one under "could be anything at all".

I completely agree with your approach! Too bad that he didn't do that. It's annoying when the camera is not steady. Yeah so he might not have had the best of equipment and maybe he doesn't know about astromomy software? I don't know. But at least, if he didn't have a tripod, he could've used almost anything solid to set the vid-cam on.

Hmmm "could be anything"? lol Well then, it could be an alien then.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: formatting.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Hmmm "could be anything"? lol Well then, it could be an alien then.

Yep. Could be.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Hi Everybody!

Guess what? I found this video on Youtube and want to know what you think of it.

The man in the video says that this UFO came out of a lake. I wonder if it lives there? Maybe it is getting water from the lake and just visiting?

Also supermushmouse said that the "entity" knew that it was being video taped.

Any thoughts?

Just one. It is a planet. I'll wager the guy was facing east on a clear night got a good shot of Venus or maybe Sirius coming up over the horizon. The long time of the video is proof of this. I didn't watch it all, so if it zipped off toward the end of the hour-plus video, I will have been absolutely wrong in my assessment.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Much appreciated Arken!!

You know I have watched the vid before, of the Hessdalen Norway sightings (but think just the first one so far) soooooo...I am happy that you brought it up cuz I totally had forgotten about it and didn't even connect those sightings with the OP vid. I shall make sure to watch all 5 Hessdalen vids.

Soon.

And thanks also for the link, "Norway: UFO “Hyperdimensional Portal Area” over Hessdalen". I think that's where I had originally saw the Hessdalen videos. I'm sure I have it bookmarked somewhere. But where? HA. *pretty sure it's on the computer I'm presently using. lol )

Anyway, that's so very awesomely terrific cuz I happen to also be interested in portals ans stargates and that sort of thing. It's so weird, cuz I was thinking maybe plasma beings are from another dimension. But then again, I don't see why we couldn't have plasma beings in the 3rd dimension.

The image in the OP vid, if it is an alien, might be a shape shifter.

Who knows, maybe it's an "Illuminati"?

Or it could be a raindrop. Hmm.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: spacing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
'kay guys I've gotta sign off for now but I'll be back soon to discuss this further, I assure you.

Yes I sleep. lol

Thank you for all of your replies.

Have a good day!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The "twinkle star" effect. Isn't this explained by stars constantly changing temperature? This is what I have thought most of my life. That slight surface changes in temperature contribute to the "twinkle" that you see.

As for the video, I have no idea what this could be. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It looks like a Mer Ka ba travel vessel of LIGHT.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
Well I highly doubt its a hologram, but UFO maybe. Never seen this video, and far as I can tell it looks unedited.

Hi Nobama,

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint.

No I don't think they're edited. I am no expert on making videos by an means, so I can't say for sure.

I had not seen the video except for just before I began this thread. The video is the reason this thread exist. I am very grateful for all the hours that supermushmouse spent filming the "Light Beings", as he refers to them.

Maybe I can get him to join in on this discussion. Now that would be awesome!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Truly a fantastic phenomenon there, though I've witnessed it a few time before......doesn't change my income, my life, so I learn to not pay attention to it as much as I used to.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredTom
The "twinkle star" effect. Isn't this explained by stars constantly changing temperature? This is what I have thought most of my life. That slight surface changes in temperature contribute to the "twinkle" that you see.

As for the video, I have no idea what this could be. Very interesting indeed.

Hi AlteredTom,

Thank you for joining the discussion.

According to the article "Why Do Stars Twinkle", "moving pockets of cold or warm air" in the Earth's atmosphere or "thick layers of turbulent (moving) air is where stellar scintillation or twinkling of stars come from.

So then, that expression "you were just a twinkle in your father's eye..." makes sense when seeing it in another light.

Source

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Just one. It is a planet. I'll wager the guy was facing east on a clear night got a good shot of Venus or maybe Sirius coming up over the horizon. The long time of the video is proof of this. I didn't watch it all, so if it zipped off toward the end of the hour-plus video, I will have been absolutely wrong in my assessment.

Hi Aliensun,

Welcome and thank you kindly for your feedback.

A planet, really? Hmmm. Yes I can see why you would come to that conclusion. But to be fair I found another video from the same author to compare with the one in the OP.

This "orb" splits. No planet I've ever heard of can do that.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: fix vid link.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: corrected quote tag.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

It looks like a Mer Ka ba travel vessel of LIGHT.

Ophiuchus, thanks greatly for your contribution. How interesting. I'm looking into it.

edit on 15-4-2011 by Antoniastar because: typo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join