It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama return to Tibet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The Dalai Lama is currently touring the country I live in. There is great excitement among people who can't wait to catch a glimpse of this inspiring man. Thats great for them and its great if he brings some happiness into their lives. I don't quite understand this but I will not critizise as that is not what I am writing this thread for.

I have read many of Dalai Lama's books and they are very inspiriational and helpful. He is a good man. However I think the Dalai Lama is failing massively in his lifes journey. He recently announced that he was retiring from his political role. This only came after the massive turmoil kicking off in the middle east. The Dalai Lama seen this and realised that he maybe should not be holding this political role.

I really think that the Dalai Lama must return home to Tibet. He must return to his people. He must face whatever is wating for him in Tibet. Everyday he continues 'running away' or 'in hiding' he is failing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I really think that the Dalai Lama must return home to Tibet. He must return to his people. He must face whatever is wating for him in Tibet. Everyday he continues 'running away' or 'in hiding' he is failing.

Well I suppose if you were the Dalai Lama that is what you would do, but that would be very hard for you to do. Mainly, because you are not Tibetan! At least in this life, for instance if you took Mandela’s approach or Gandhi's.
Both were older men and were not directly removed from their country and cultural view in the same manner. Both Mandela and Gandhi stood up for a peaceful approach, but in the Dalai Lamas case and many of the other monks a peaceful stance either killed them or their freedom to continue their particular cultural/religious stance. Same as when the Muslims entered India originally, there was no more room for Buddhists. It was stay and die most of the time. Or you could stay and live a life of lies with hidden practices, much the same way the Jewish had to in days of the inquisition. Were I lived in Andalucia, many corpses have been found inside the very monastery walls. So as you see, it’s not an easy case to say the least. Sometimes it simply boils down to stay and die or leave and survive. What is better a dead hero or a living master? When I say this, I am not particularly saying the Dalai Lama is a Master, it’s a Taoist saying.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I do believe it was right for him to flee when he did. I do not dispute that. I agree with much of what you say.

However, I believe now it is time that he must return home. He has spoken to the world. His work is complete. Its time to go to Tibet. If he dies without doing this I believe it will be a great failing.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
The Dalai Lama is currently touring the country I live in. There is great excitement among people who can't wait to catch a glimpse of this inspiring man. Thats great for them and its great if he brings some happiness into their lives. I don't quite understand this but I will not critizise as that is not what I am writing this thread for.

I have read many of Dalai Lama's books and they are very inspiriational and helpful. He is a good man. However I think the Dalai Lama is failing massively in his lifes journey. He recently announced that he was retiring from his political role. This only came after the massive turmoil kicking off in the middle east. The Dalai Lama seen this and realised that he maybe should not be holding this political role.

You are not out of line to have some misgivings about the personage of the Dalai Lama. Bear in mind that he is just a man, a normal human being. He did not consciously choose to be who he is. He was chosen for that job by a group of men, a committee, at an early age. How could he or his parents have said no when this search group came to them and said he is the one? Since you have read his works, you have seen chinks in his religious armor that distinctly show that he is merely a man. He seems to know that and has allowed those human attributes to show at various times. I hope he finds the peace he seeks.

I would be one of the first to agree that the world is better off with him having prominence rather than many of the other religious leaders of the world both from the East, Mid-East and West.

new topics

top topics

join