It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is inevitable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Beyond 1 there is only one possibility, and that is 2. Thus, 3 is inevitable.

We must be prepared. It is only human nature at work when we repeat the mistakes of our past. Therefore, the only resolution is change.

But how can we alter the collective consciousness of humanity?

Think this over:

World War I began in 1914 and over the course of 4 years, 37 million were killed.

World War II began in 1939 and over the course of 5 years, 70 million were killed.

It is now the year 2011. If a World War were to begin in the next decade, nay, 24 months, then take a moment to think of the consequences.

Acknowledge the incredible rate at which we have progressed technologically in since these sad times in humanity's history. Take note of the incredible advancements in the instruments of death used by our government ant military, their evolution in the past 66 years/

In this age we live in, we literally possess the power to destroy our own planet.

Our collective consciousness is suicidal, but unfortunately there is no psychiatrist to counsel us, no doctor to prescribe us anti-depressants. But we must change, or our own self destruction is inevitable.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

Same answer as I posted in the other forum:
I truely believe WW3 is already underway and it is the silent war - everyone knows nuclear weapons result in a no win situation.

So instead:
GM war
Patent war
Corporate war
Natural Disaster war
Sanction/Trading War
Cyber War
Info War
Economic war
Culture war
= WW3

You ask anyone who is a fan of the PC game civilisation and they will tell you a firepower war is not always the most effective way to destroy your enemy - infact once the game is in it's advanced stages it is by far the hardest victory unless you technology is light years ahead (if lightyears meant time not distance). This game is just a game, but the powers of this world treat life in the same way - it's a game to them.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Rene

In this age we live in, we literally possess the power to destroy our own planet.

Our collective consciousness is suicidal, but unfortunately there is no psychiatrist to counsel us, no doctor to prescribe us anti-depressants. But we must change, or our own self destruction is inevitable.

Peace.

Ya know what I think?
I think that the process of that change in consciousness has stalled. Consciousness is not static. It develops or it flutters out. By 1945 the people of the world were beginning to think of the world as a whole. This I think to be essential in the continuing development of consciousness. Understanding the world as a whole.

Then we dropped that bomb. And the world which had been opening to this perspective of wholeness, was faced with the truth of our ability to destroy ourselves. Not just some and not just those guys over there, but ALL of us. And I think we went psychotic. I think that this psychosis is blocking the natural progression of our development. We're crazy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

You really believe that governments are having World War III covertly right now? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. A world war is an ultimate power struggle with fatal consequences... Not some stockmarket competition by the big-wigs.

Why do you think the worlds super -powers spend billions of money on weaponry and the military? This world is so well armed we could probably fight World War II five times over again.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadeScholar
reply to post by byteshertz

You really believe that governments are having World War III covertly right now? That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. A world war is an ultimate power struggle with fatal consequences... Not some stockmarket competition by the big-wigs.

Why do you think the worlds super -powers spend billions of money on weaponry and the military? This world is so well armed we could probably fight World War II five times over again.

Im not saying firepower is not used anymore - I am saying perhaps they have their eggs in other baskets, and the firepower is no longer their main focus. While you may see this as "the most ridiculous" thing you have ever heard - anyone who understands that a war is about more than firepower knows this is far from being ridiculous. If you can criple a countries oil, money, food, water, seeds, manpower supplies why would you need to have the bigger gun if they do not have the means to use theirs?
edit on 14-4-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
World War 3 will possibly be the most destructive of wars ever witnessed on this planet, with the technology we have a long with nuclear weapons and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if the planet is destroyed in the process.

they need to hurry up and decide if we can live on Mars!

However, once they have decided we can, you can be assured we will probably destroy that planet too, before we even colonize it. War for land and who gets what.

We humans are a violent and destructive species.

edit on 14-4-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5
World War 3 will possibly be the most destructive of wars ever witnessed on this planet, with the technology we have a long with nuclear weapons and whatnot, I wouldn't be surprised if the planet is destroyed in the process.

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm trying to say. And that it is inevitable that a war of this magnitude WILL OCCUR unless we as a species can evolve.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
WW3 - Inevitable? Yes!
Whats the solution?
Fight a war that does not involve ANY OF US!?!?

This war will be started by the US government! It does not involve the rest of the world!

Whats the solution?
Fight a war or run and hide?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
you know, people didnt know it was world war 2 until the USA and soviet union were involved. but china and japan were fighting way before that.

when historians will write about world war 3 they will say it start with a european intervention event in some middle eastern conflict. it will start as a regional war and expand.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
You have the "entire" middle east at war and civil war.
North Korea are going nuts.
Japan is smashed by earth quakes.. . HAARP? USA done this to help them stay out of WW3?

The world is coming down... 2012 might be real!

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have to agree with byteshertz, it's precisely because of the power of the weapons possessed by the modern military that WW3 won't be an overt war of clashing armies but something more subtle. With the ever present possibility of nuclear escalation, a war between 2 or more major powers has a high likelihood of ending with a M.A.D. scenario. In addition, due to the massive expenses of weapons, massed armies won't be seen, it would be smaller armies of soldiers armed with advanced weapons striking at high value targets, no urban terror bombing, or fighting over valueless ground. Armies aren't even set up for massed battles anymore, right now the largest truly usable unit is a division.

Another reason why it won't happen anytime soon if at all is this, who can challenge the U.S. in a conventional war? Our military spending is equal to the next 12 largest combined. China won't even be a threat for around another decade.

Occupation is also very difficult to pull off in a modern situation ( It was in ww2 as well but the problems have increased.) Look how many soldiers it takes to hold down a country like Afghanistan. Think what could happen today, if I was the leader of a country and I knew I was about to be invaded, I would distribute all available weapons to the people, even without training a large, armed, and unfriendly populace would tie down massive amounts of troops.

Well placed air strikes, even a small number can completely incapacitate a country, two sets of targets, power plants and oil refineries, without these how can a war effort be maintained. Once these are gone hit bridges and communication centers and the nation is paralyzed. Tanks can't move without fuel and weapons production can't be handled on a large scale without power.

Albert Speer, in his memoirs talks some about how Germany's production was almost damaged more by 17 planes than with thousands. The dams and powerplants supplying the Ruhr region were hit, had more damage been done production would've halted for months were follow up strikes to be launched it'd be even longer. He also mentions that only a few facilities need to be hit to damage all of them, ie the ball bearing factories, ball bearings were used in most everything, without these production would have halted on many items.

So with the U.S. air and naval power being what they are, it's quite within reason to say that we could crush our enemies war production quickly, without weapons or supplies, forces would quickly fold.

If there were to be a WW3, it wouldn't be overt, if it were it would simply end with destruction of all parties profiting no one.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Same answer as I posted in the other forum:
I truely believe WW3 is already underway and it is the silent war - everyone knows nuclear weapons result in a no win situation.

So instead:
GM war
Patent war
Corporate war
Natural Disaster war
Sanction/Trading War
Cyber War
Info War
Economic war
Culture war
= WW3

These thing's are the prelude to WW3.
When the actual war starts you can be sure bullets and missiles will fly.
Over 100 million will die. And I think even that figure is an understatement of what awaits us when it begins.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
To this day I have a hard time believing so many world leaders would succumb to the act of a massive nuclear attack; surely they can't be that stupid. The repercussions from such an action is unimaginable; the loss of life, the damage to the earth and land, contamination for years to come, diseases and mutation, the list goes on and on. M.A.D. is one hell of a policy and that's exactly why it works and has saved our asses plenty of times, and everyone knows that once those missiles start flying there's no turning back. For those reasons I can't see nuclear weapons being used in WW3.

I pray that we're in safe hands.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'm not too worried about nuclear war, since it means everyone dies.
Even the elite.

You can't do a nuclear war and survive underground and get away unscathed. The entire ecosystem would die, we'd send ourselves back millions and millions... possibly hundreds of millions of years if we wipe the planet clean of life besides the occasional bacteria and deep ocean fish.

For anyone to survive underground, they'd have to have a machine that can convert CO2 to O2, and where would all their waste go? They can't connect to the atmosphere or they'll just ingest tons of radioactivity and risk dying of cancer. So unless there's some insane alien base underground... no one is going to get through a nuclear war alive.

Therefore I don't see it happening unless it's some kind of Terminator/Skynet takeover

EDIT:
As a random idea, technically if all the countries in the world declared on some place like Congo for example (just picking a random country out of a hat), it would technically be a world war... that wouldn't end everything as we know it.
edit on 4/22/11 by NuclearMitochondria because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The third world war will happen. I, myself, have no doubts. It is bound to happen. We, Americans, are invading countries we should have no business invading. I know that oil is the one excuse, saving the people is the other. Why can't we just mind our own business? I'll tell you why.. When men of such stature gain so much power, the always want more. And who is it that controls all this power? Those that have all the money to do so. In the last few months I have been studying the politics of the world. I think the next world war will about oil again, but the excuse will about religion. The muslims are getting real tired of us christians getting in their business. We should leave them alone. Let them find their own way. Just as they will let us. We all fight for one God, what ever he may be, why do we have to impose our beliefs on others? Is it God's will we kill each other till no one is left? No. It's all about power. And we will follow those that carry a cross just because they tell us to. To hell with Christianity and Muslems. Your God is not my God. My God would never allow such Murder of your fellow man. But TPTB's God does. Makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
If World War III is inevitable like you say it is, and that humankind has a pattern of self destruction as we have lived through the previous 2 world wars, then can you say that humanity is up to something? Genocide of our entire race seems completely possible, after all it was predicted in 2012 A Space Odyssey, Terminator, and Apocalypse Now. But are we telling ourselves that World War III is the end of our human existence?

No. Not with all the movies we've put in place of history like the ones mentioned. Present day situations, like the current landmark resolve by the U.N to place Australia as the global referee in International Commercial Disputes, and future predictions of our own device ( like the War of 1812)......humanity learns lessons the hard way, and it's trying to tell us something.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The possibility of nuclear escalation cannot be discounted. Sure it probably won't happen right away, but it very well could. As soon as a country gets backed into a corner with no other way out, you can't say that they won't try it as a desperation move.

Eventually some country will get desperate enough to use them. Will it lead to all out nuclear war? Maybe. It depends who launches and who receives.

Another idea, what if your country's been conquered and occupied. You've essentially lost the war, now lets say that this person is in command of a missle sub. What's to stop them from launching? Especially if they already have little to lose.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Perfectly Said

new topics

top topics

active topics

join