It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands March against Obama's Wars in NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
reply to post by Viking9019

Exactly! Half million marched in London to protest the cuts. Nothing came of it, statement a few days later - cuts go ahead as planned.

Remember
Remember
The 5th of November

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Except during the Vietnam war all of the protesting was vastly publicized. Y ou couldnt turn on the radio or television without hearing about it.This is disturbing .

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't find it hard to believe with the MSM. They are backing Obama all they way.
If Bush was still in office, and only 100 people showe up to protest the wars, it would
have been all over the news.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

My thought was more along the lines that they were being prevented from reporting it . But you could be right it could be political and not downright suppression.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything about this, I have heard plenty about dancing with the former-crackheads, however. I don't know if it's necessarily in the "agenda" to prevent them getting shown on MSM, but either way, they must not want them to get more attention if absolutely nobody has done anything on it. Protests don't get television ratings, I guess?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
During the DNC in 2008 there were huge protests here in Denver, most of which were relegated to the "free speech zones". I participated in one that didn't ask for a permit, and therefore wasn't forced into a cage (literally).

There were around 12,000 of us, but the media reported like 3,000. That is, the media that even reported it. Most did not. Fox News was all over it, but they didn't report even remotely accurately on it. They spun it into us being a bunch of leftist anarchists, and then physically wandered into a river of marching people to demonstrate how violent we were. Because the dude got bumped into. #AmericanMediaWinning

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Thanks for Posting OP !

As with the recent firing of Glenn Beck from Zionist owned and controlled FOX NEWS , This is even more evidence of the silencing of the Truth by the Zionist controlled media.

Anything that attempts to reveal an opinion contrary to those of the Zionists persuasion are simply silenced.

Our NWO aka World Bank owned One World Govt. aka the United Nations can now "legally" invade and takeover sovereign Oil Rich nations As well as establish a new Central Bank while they are at it... ....

Gerald Celente said it best in that if Libya's main export was Broccoli do you think we'd deem it necessary to invade Libya for humanitarian reasons ?

This entire war sounds very similar to what transpired back in 1812 here in the good ol' US of A. When we failed to renew the Nathan Rothschild's owned charter on our very own Bank of the United States.
We were attacked AND they even burnt our Nation's Capital and the White House down, for good measure !

The Banksters don't fool around when it comes to their Money !!!

Want an idea as to where Libya is headed now that the Banksters have taken over their Central Bank....??

Just take a look at what happned to our very own Dollar ! Pretty soon we'll be buying them on ROLLS in which to use in our Lavatories !

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
reply to post by Viking9019

Exactly! Half million marched in London to protest the cuts. Nothing came of it, statement a few days later - cuts go ahead as planned.

Because, i would hate to say it, but bit##ing about it isn't going to do a d@mn thing. We need to put foot to some @$$ before anything can be changed.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This isn't the crowd I was hoping for.Im embarrassed to even look at these people.These are morons that do not know whats going on.Follow the lib with the megaphone and say what he says and the world will be great!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthwormJim
This isn't the crowd I was hoping for.Im embarrassed to even look at these people.These are morons that do not know whats going on.Follow the lib with the megaphone and say what he says and the world will be great!!

You're playing right into TPTB's hands my friend. If we're ever going to get anywhere, we need to put aside our preconceived notions about one another, take what we can get, and work with it. Right now, people like us have the anti-war crowd's ear. Deny ignorance by being the bigger person and educating.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
When has any western Government ever given into any of the demands of any protesters???

Im 21 and I can not think of an occasion when the Government have ever listened to protesters they just ignore them and continue with their plans anyway!

Can not blame the people for trying though!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I was beginning to wonder..oh..a year or so back.. "Where did all the war protestors go".
Now they had their man in office, war was ok, so these people took a vacation.

Now they are back.

Me thinks the only reason they are back NOW, is because they couldnt NOT protest any longer with the way wars are popping up left and right.
Now they feel they have no choice.

Too bad Obama, it seems you had a great thing going for a while with your brainwashed pop crowd. But it seems now, even they are starting to realize how wrong they were, and that you shouldnt be leading this country anymore than the last guy.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PeasantRebellion
I hope by people like us you mean truth seeking well informed folk.That is why I joined this site.I just don't want the country to fall into more wrong hands after the mess.Opportunists are everywhere furthering there agendas.I tried to not have pre conceived notions,but cant help as they magnify my learned instincts.Maybe we should hand over power to China.I dont know what to fight anymore.I guess im a nationalist at heart.
VERY sick of the world blaming everything on U.S.A.We have serious domestic problems that go un noticed while little Kelly and her Prof. scream about freeing Palestine.Moral...If you want everything you get nothing.Lets start w ourselves and then focus outward because as we all know if you dont love yourself how are you going to love someone else.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
OMG!!!! I live in NYC and didn't even know it was going on!!!!!!
I hate the MSM!!!!! Worthless!!!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

So why no activity in the Ivory Coast? the Congo, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Angola etc.
Isn't it about human rights? or the American agenda of world domination?
Who made America the overseer of good and evil? If China or Russia did the same thing they would be condemned and you would be outraged.
didn't Hitler and Germany use the same premise or just coincidence?
Why haven't we invaded for the sake of the slaughtered men women and children? or no human rights violations in Africa other than Libya? I guess they are not worthy or don't have what America wants
Remember Liberia? All the USA did was give asylum when the slaughter began to those that were American but chose to go live in Liberia and build a country from scratch (and before you say they deserve it and that's what they get for wanting to leave isn't that how America got started and didn't americans kill their own brothers and sisters during the Civil War) and then the ones that came here got jobs as teachers and doctors and even did volunteer work and giving back to society but told after a few years ok now you need to uproot your family and get out yet millions of Illegals are not only allowed to stay here but given permission to use and abuse the system so it is nice to know that you are willing to give up your job and food for your family so an illegal can take your place for a lot less and send his tax free money back home so more illegals can come here and take your children future jobs.
That is very nice of you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

I guess you never learned or heard about Vietnam?
The protesters did succeed but the war was in your face and televised live everyday as was the protests along with the killing of innocent protesters by our very own government on American soil but TPTB are making sure it never happens again.
They now own the media

edit on 13-4-2011 by laslidealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You mean Obama's continuance of Bush's war right?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you soleprobe and S&F

Thanks for bringing this to the mainstream attention on ATS, because I've had my news on all day every day and heard nothing of this, shame on you western media!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I live under an hour away from Manhattan. Our local TV news is typically events in the five boroughs, as if the rest of the world does not exist. Oh well. We all know the news reporting media is slanted, biased and selective. Nothing new about that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Obama's wars?
George bush started the afghan and Iraqi wars.
Did you forget or are you just ignoring that?
I'm opposed to all wars, but blaming iraq and Afghanistan on Obama is absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join