It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands March against Obama's Wars in NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well I’m not too crazy about posting threads but looked around ATS hoping to find a thread about this but I couldn’t find one so because it’s newsworthy I decided to post a thread on it here. Doesn’t seem to be too much coverage on antiwar anything these days.

Videos and photos of the diverse NYC Rally estimated at more than 10,000 can be seen in the following links.

www.youtube.com...
newyork.cbslocal.com...
news.xinhuanet.com...
www.allvoices.com...
gothamist.com...-1
gothamist.com...
gothamist.com...
www.presstv.ir...

Photos:

picasaweb.google.com...#

A few of the talks at the April 9 NYC Rally:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Not only was this demo unmentioned on ATS...but as per usual no msm ran the story here (UK). Good to see the hearts are still in the right place.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I didn't see this event anywhere on the news either.
A bit confusing though, because of all the different things on posters like:
America out of Cuba
Israel & Palestines
& some others that don't seem to have anything America war related...
Weird gathering.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
above poster is right.
the MSM did not even carry this news.
Shame on them.

this is beautiful

S&F for the heads up

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
America out of Cuba
Israel & Palestines
Weird gathering.

there was one common denominator
in all of them. Anti-US Foreign Policy.
Kinda reminded me of the old days
during the Vietnam protests.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldave
America out of Cuba
Israel & Palestines
Weird gathering.

Yes.... I think it was organized by United National Antiwar Committee (UNAC).
nationalpeaceconference.org...

"The United National Antiwar Committee was founded at a conference of 800 in Albany, NY in July, 2010. Peace and Justice groups from across the country have affiliated with UNAC."

I wonder where they get their funding. After listening to some of the speeches about global warming and equating imperialism to capitalism it seems to be a leftists maneuver from within the same continuing paradigm

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Holy Wowza!! I did not hear nor read about it! I hope there are more protests than just this one.
edit on 13-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Been watching ABC nightly news and all they are showing is a Czech president stealing a pen, and other trivia. No world radiation poisoning or anything except a 10 second lie about it being 1/10 the release of radioactivity of Chernobyl. Jesus showed up on a poppy too. Great. Thanks for the mention.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wow, the only thing I heard was viewers knock out Sugar Ray Leonard from Dancing With the Stars etc...Did a New York Google News search news.google.com...

and nothing........ then searched: New York protest, and found it in Tehran Times

crazy.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

This was quite a large demo. 9 April. I don't recall any coverage, either.

We need more anti-war protests. But if this is going to translate into anti-Obama, as the title of this thread implies, then its organizers are mighty short-sighted.

Hasn't history conclusively proven that ANY president can be forced into war? And if he absolutely refuses, he will be eliminated and replaced by one that will go along with the plan.

That should be the lesson of our age. So why would we protest against presidents if we want to stop war? At this point in our history such an action or idea could almost be seen as intentionally misleading. The level we are up against these days, at least in terms of war, is ideology. And that leads back to academia, philosophy, and religious beliefs. Those institutions are common to all of us, which is why political affiliation doesn't seem to matter so much these days.

Political revolutions, then, will not solve war. An ideological revolution might.

i·de·ol·o·gy/ˌīdēˈäləjē/Noun
1. A system of ideas and ideals, esp. one that forms the basis of economic or political policy...

(The above text taken straight off Google just to make sure y'all understand what I'm talking about.)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Now remember, you never see Americans protest anything because we're just sheep.
We never protested the wars.
We never protested the elections.
We never protested the banker buyouts.
We're just mindless, fat, McDonalds eating, arrogant, government loving, bible thumping, stupid, ignorant, illiterate sheep and we NEVER EVER protest.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

well people are protesting in those videos, but when the media ignores it or compares the protesters to left wing commies, its difficult to get any traction to your protest movement.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Not one, not one damn thing on TV or online about this protest. Good job ‘media’ and ‘reporters’ for ignoring a protest against Obama’s unconstitutional wars in New York City. If the protest was violent or it was the Tea Party protesting the protests would be all over the news. What absolute hypocrisy as usual.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

When the media ignores it, we create our own.
Right here.
On Twitter, on Facebook and forums. In chatrooms and on your cell phone.
The mainstream media is fast becoming irrelevant and by thier own making.
When all that happened during the protests in Egypt to oust Mubarak occurred, how much of that did you follow on CNN? MSNBC? How much of it did you follow on Al-Jazeera? Or here on ATS?
During the first week that followed the initial tsunami in Japan how much information did you get from the television or the radio? How much then did you get from ustream following NHK or YokosoNews(props to Katz, the man is a machine.)?

Print media died with the advent of newsblogs, it is a shambling corpse completely unaware of its own condition. Televised media is fast becoming one itself, loosing more and more relevance to social media and online information aggregation every day.

As I have said before, whether or not we are willing to admit it yet, and entirely separate from the mythical NWO powers that be, real or imagined; we have become a global society. One of the citizens of this world, and along with that we are creating our own media.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
These things get no coverage because nobody cares.

Idiots berating the Government and a president who is actually doing A GOOD JOB of running the country and fixing the almost irreperable mess and debts left over from idiot Bush and his self-serving puppet government.

These people and a lot of people on here need to learn the definition of wars, because whats going on right now are not 'wars' and never have been. They are military enforcement of lawfully passed UNITED NATIONS RESOLUTIONS.

They are not 'Obama's Wars' they are very necessary humanitarian liberation of countries under tyranny. These whining maggots need to start understanding that.

edit on 13-4-2011 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

all im gonna say is brainwashed, you seem to think that all these middle eastern countries who conveniently have oil are suddenly experiencing civil unrest, and are calling for there leaders to be hung from the streets, To be replaced by, more puppets that can be manipulated.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Perhaps the next organised protests should be nationwide outside every MSM TV Station.
Blockade them.
Demand an end to the propaganda and psy-ops against the American People

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thousands? not enough.......where are the millions?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 13/4/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Exactly! Half million marched in London to protest the cuts. Nothing came of it, statement a few days later - cuts go ahead as planned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join