It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Wars: The First Six Hours of World War III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Old, but I thought it fitting just to post so you guys may read it as well as I did. Its a pretty cool read I have not got the book yet. I havent read many books in some time since my daughter was born.

Space Wars by Willliam Scott, Michael Coumatos, and William Birnes, Forge Books (April 17, 2007) describes how the first hours of World War III might play out in the year 2010. While fiction, it’s based on real-world military scenarios and technologies, dramatically highlighting the West’s vulnerability to destruction of its space-based commercial and military communications infrastructure.

Source

What do you think ATS? Space Wars for WW3?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

If I had to bet I'd say it will start in the Middle East..
It may already have started and is still to escalate..

So no, I don't think it will start with advanced weapons but there's every chance it may end with them..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
Old, but I thought it fitting just to post so you guys may read it as well as I did. Its a pretty cool read I have not got the book yet. I havent read many books in some time since my daughter was born.

Space Wars by Willliam Scott, Michael Coumatos, and William Birnes, Forge Books (April 17, 2007) describes how the first hours of World War III might play out in the year 2010. While fiction, it’s based on real-world military scenarios and technologies, dramatically highlighting the West’s vulnerability to destruction of its space-based commercial and military communications infrastructure.

Source

A law was passed where "space stations" can't be attacked. A glactic law our planet has i guess.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by prodomino

I dont think laws would matter once war actually went down and f ours were attacked first. Hmm I did not know about this law though. Could you link a source just so I can check it out?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I think space wars could be possible because of the Strategic Defense Initiative
or the Star Wars programme.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

A law was passed where "space stations" can't be attacked. A glactic law our planet has i guess.

There very essence of war is a broken agreement. Do you think such rules will hold up in the face of war? I don't share your confidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This looks like an advert for a book (very) thinly disguised as a discussion thread. Moderators?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

There very essence of war is a broken agreement. Do you think such rules will hold up in the face of war? I don't share your confidence.

Exactly. Do you really think for a second that in a war, players on either side are going to say "oh, hang on, that's protected by treaty, we can't do that".

Even the United States doesn't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to items protected by treaty.

If it's in the national interests to attack, or it will give a military advantage to do so, treaties will be ignored, period.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I have nothing to do with this book I can assure you 110% I do not know the writer I do not know the website its on. it gave me the idea for the thread so I thought I should link where I got my idea and title from.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Does the middle east even have very many things in space to take down or other countries for that matter? Like comparable to what the US has in space?

This is what got me thinking hmmmm and wanted to make a post about it "In 2010, advanced space weapons fall into the hands of radical Islamic terrorists, who launch them against the West’s reconnaissance, weather, and communications satellites."
edit on 13-4-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by prodomino

Source

The only official space station in current operation is the ISS.

It's also an international agreement to keep space a neutral zone but the US seems to think it is higher than the international community with all of its space weapons launches and testing, provoking rival powers into developing their own space weapons.

Even look at American focus on developing laser and rail gun weaponry. Both are more practical for space than they are in modern combat.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by prodomino

I dont think laws would matter once war actually went down and f ours were attacked first. Hmm I did not know about this law though. Could you link a source just so I can check it out?

I don't think anyone would sign such a law even if it was propopsed ... you think the US would sign ..?
Those millitary satellites control a lot of guidance .. comm and survanence systems .. amongst other things .. knocking these out would be fair game in blinding the enemy ..
I'm sure all nations capable have their own version of satellite frying weaponry ..

What they really need is the ability to deliver powerful EMP's to knock out electronics ....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have the book.

It's a war game scenario, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. It's actually kind of scary of how the scenario took place, because from that little synopsis, it doesn't even begin to explain what actually happened.

How the whole event started feels like it would be in a science-fiction movie.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Would you recommend I pick up the book if this interests me? Seams you liked it. I just havent read a book in about 4 years now. I mainly read here and truck magazines when I have time. Hmmm your post made me kind of want it lol Kind of like the first time someone told me about "Marine Sniper 93 confirmed kills" or whatever the book was called. I just had to read it haha

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

YES.

It's definitely an impressive read, and like I said, you're not going to expect what the true scenario is. When I picked up the book at Borders, I thought I had it planned, but the technology, the scenario that is used, this is all factual, and it was a good book.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i think that all of us, as one unity, will get called to the mothership, who will then use her guiding light to equip us all with advanced alien weaponry, therefor recruiting us in her army of the Inter-Galaxy Space Wars

top topics

join