It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zip Strips - Cable Ties - A Myriad of Potential Uses.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My hubby uses a lot of these for work and keeps bags full of them in all different sizes with his work stuff. I've found that I love these and I use them for SO many things around the house and yard! I don't think I could get along with out them now.
From a quick fix for a broken fence, to securing branches in my birdcage, to keeping extension cords in place, etc...So many uses! Zip strips definitely should be up there on a list of survival items. You could even use a zip strip for a needle for sewing if you had to!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Since it was mentioned that zip-ties have some use as restraints I think its important to temper that knowledge with the flip side; its quite possible to escape even the heavy duty ones using some easy to learn techniques. For your average uninformed person they would probably suffice but anybody whos taken a few minutes to seek out the information would need to be under constant watch to prevent them from slipping the bonds and making a mess of things. For those who would like to know this information (hey, wouldn't want your own zip-ties used against you right?) I offer the following link: www.itstactical.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I use the 36" ones for garrotte....no muss , no fuss...ZZZZZZZZZZZT

www.buycableties.com...

edit on 13-4-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Finding some great uses on this thread. More I am sure will come to anyone in need as situations arise. While checking threads about foraging plants and bugs I realized. I would definately be notching some new holes into my belt. If I didn't have a belt or it became more useful somewhere else a zip tie could be used between two or three belt loops top cinch in your waist line. No need to be constantly pulling up your pants like I see so many people doing these days.

p.s. Always wear a belt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join