It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
why is this now a fourm did i miss the start of world war three?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tamenie

World War Three: This forum is reserved for discussion of the powder-keg type atmosphere surrounding the events in the Middle-East, Africa, and Asia; and the geopolitical influences on the uprisings happening there, which combined appear to be the core beginning of World War Three.
APPEAR TO BE THE CORE BEGINNING OF WORLD WAR THREE.
word
it hasn't started yet i don't think...word
edit on 13-4-2011 by pleasetryagain because: i like turtles

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I, for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.

hahaha just kidding, never in a million years, but the premise may come to pass if we play our cards wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Actually I think its a good additinoal sub-forum. There are quite a few claims that the ME in particular, and NA may be the beginnings of WWIII. We've read enough of them on the forums. Tensions building around Israel are also worth keeping tabs on.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
the chinese may become the new 1770s british.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie

You mean you slept through the boom?

It's okay, just go back to sleep. We'll wake you for the next one!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
is it just me or is this just a little pessimistic? for it to be a world war wouldn't the whole world need to be involved, not just china, us, france & the middle east?

cheers,
-Bob

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
gee this thread is out dated WW3 started in 1991, well ok 1983, with the truck-bombing of the U.S. Marine Corps barracks in Beirut in 1983. so we have been at war for almost 30 years, but in the last few years we have been attacked, and still have that treat and it is all over the world, name one country that is not in some kind of turmoil, civil unrest, has bombings or under the threat of financial collapse.
WW3 is not just nukes it is a new war unseen faces and unknown country's with unknown weapons and , the worst of all unknown targets. yes i do say 1983 and why we did nothing we showed the world how weak we are, we knew how did it and why and why do nothing part of the plan look at us now.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
LOL, I too did wonder if I had somehow missed the start of WW3. The tensions in the Middle East don`t quite count as WW3 for me yet i`m afraid, or even the "core" of WW3.
When we went into Iraq and Afghanistan we didn`t need a WW3 forum, so if someone around here knows more than they are letting on and it`s about to kick off big time - thanks for giving us a place to discuss upcoming events - until the first bomb vaporizes us all anyway.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamenie

Yep. You missed it. I won.

We have a WW3 forum before we have an alternative or free energy forum - What WHAT ?

Er.. fellas.. if we had good discussions/actions in place for alternative or free energy we could avoid WW3 and change this planet for the better.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
well this might explain some of the opening shots of WW3 i do not agree with it all but it in some ways does make sense www.threeworldwars.com... from the link

The Planned World War 3 - A Play in Numerous Acts
, that should get a few

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Just about half of the threads in the topic have to do with the following..

World War Three: This forum is reserved for discussion of the powder-keg type atmosphere surrounding the events in the Middle-East, Africa, and Asia; and the geopolitical influences on the uprisings happening there, which combined appear to be the core beginning of World War Three.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
this is in the link in the above post of mine

Since it's difficult to find a definition for an event which has only happened twice in modern history, here's my attempt at an answer to the question 'what constitutes a world war'?

A World War is a military conflict spanning more than 2 continents, in which at least 20 major countries participate in an attack against a common enemy, and which has the attention of the man-in-the-street due to the significant loss of life.
lets see how many country's are in
conflict or out right war well this is long list www.globalsecurity.org... from the link

Current Conflicts
Algeria Insurgency 1992 -->
Angola Cabinda 1975-2006?
Burma Insurgency 1950 -->
China Senkaku Islands 1968 -->
China Spratly Islands 1988 -->
China Uighur 1996 -->
Colombia Insurgencies 1970s-->
Congo (Zaire) Congo War 1998-->
Georgia Civil War 1991-->
India Assam 1985 -->
India Kashmir 1970s-->
India Naxalite Uprising 1967 -->
Israel Palestine 1967 -->
Ivory Coast Civil War 2002 -->
Korea Korean War 1953 -->
Kyrgyzstan Civil Unrest 2010 -->
Libya Civil War 2011 -->
Laos Hmong Insurgency 2000 -->
Mexico Drug War 2006 -->
Namibia Caprivi Strip 1966-->
Nepal Maoists 1996-2006 ?
Nigeria Civil Disturbances 1997 -
Pakistan Baluchistan 2004 -
Pakistan Pashtun Jihad 2001 -
Palestine Civil War 2007-->
Peru Shining Path 1970s-->
Philippines Moro Uprising 1970s-->
Russia North Caucasus Insurgency 1992 -->
Somalia Civil War 1991-->
Spain Basque Uprising 1970s-->
Thailand Islamic Rebels 2001 -->
Turkey Kurdistan 1984 -->
United States Afghanistan 1980 -->
United States Djibouti 2001 -->
United States Iraq 1990 -->
United States Philippines 1898 -->
Uzbekistan Civil Disturbances 2005 -->
Yemen Sheik al-Houti 2004 -->
note no end dates for most of them so it is a KN SK like cease fire or there is still fighting.
Now is this not a world at war???? wars like ww2 are no more,WW1 i will not go there, for the days of trench war are done, to bad the weapons are not!
There will be no more common cause war the wars will be Korea, Iraq, Vietnam, Afghan, and Israel type wars/ conflicts the latest is Libia were NATO is.
Then there is the piracy in the south of Africa, drug wars in Mexico and some 20 other little conflict's/ civil unrest going on, this is WW3, not nukes not US vs them, they are all them look at NATO is that not a war within a war? yes it is a war of words between Leaders and brass is this not what caused most wars? do i see the end of NATO? Well it does not look good.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Yeah, but here's the thing, with those four players involved, they'll quickly pull the whole of the world into the battle. That's basically what happened with the other two world wars, if I remember correctly.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

seems like a great time for all 'the rest of the world' to learn from the mistakes of the past & NOT get involved this time. How do we know it won't work until they try saying no?

-B.M

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

is it just me or is this just a little pessimistic? for it to be a world war wouldn't the whole world need to be involved, not just china, us, france & the middle east?

Well, fighting right now is:

U.S.
Britain
France
Canada
Belgium
Norway
Denmark
Israel
Palestine
North/South Sudan
Somalia
Uganda
Burundi
Ivory Coast
Iraq
Afghanistan
Libya
Lebanon
half of Pakistan
Mexican Civil war

And I bet I missed some. Over 20 countries in 4 continents, what else qualifies a world war? And yes all of these are connected (U.N. versus others with natural resources). Pretty soon we will see some big guns step up, probably one of the BRICS countries.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

According to the definition you provided, they need to be fighting a common enemy. Most of those countries you listed are not, in fact, fighting a common enemy.

Don't worry OP, I also wondered why there was suddenly a WWIII forum. I think it says more about our western mindset that we now have this forum because people in the ME have decided to revolt against whatever than it says about the probability of any impending apocalypse.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nameless Hussy

According to the definition you provided, they need to be fighting a common enemy.

Split them into U.N. and non-U.N. and you will see the sides form very quickly

Some are simply regional conflicts, but you can bet your bottom dollar there is outside manipulation in many of the cases

new topics

top topics

join