It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyCasual
I would never shy from an opportunity to defend my country.

I will always shy from defending my country. I believe that nationalism and patriotism are twin cancers that breed intolerance and distrust.
There is no way at all that I would kill someone else willingly.

Yep, I would be a conscientious objector. It's something I have come to terms with and am at peace with myself over this matter.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well I would fight. hands down. There is no such thing as a good cause for war! When it comes down to it though if it meant keeping the opposeing team from invadeing and harming my family, friends and property; I would not hesitate to go to war. For the record I am not pro-government, but i would defend what I care about in this country. Scondly, if WW3 was to break out right now: our gov in the u.s. would hardly have the funds to defend our homefront. so to war Id go because I would rather keep the war away from the ones I care about as long as I could than run for the hills and watch.I beleive it would eventualy lead to an invasion on U.S. soil,but I sure would make them fight to get here. I do see "others" point of view...waste of life for political/financial gain is stupid...and I guess if you was dodgeing in order to defend when it hits home,that would be wise as well.So I wouldnt leave out dodgeing either simply because of that. All in all...I would do what I had to do.
edit on 03/12/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: no reason

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberboiraves
Well I would fight. hands down.

I would rather 'fight' against oppression and bigotry by trying to live my life to the best I can, inclusively, than sport a blatantly anti-homosexual avatar.
My 'fight' is not against other nations or the people of those nations. It is the fight against big business, and corporatism, and intolerance and bigotry, sexism and racism. Wars don't change these attitudes, people do.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes I would....

...but for which side depends on who I believe is right.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I beg you young person....DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY AND FIGHT IN THESE EVIL MADE UP WARS!

I would pay you to stay out!

It’s most of the time always our youth who are sent to murder each other while the fat pig elite stay behind and get rich on the spoils of war.

I would bid ALL youths around the world to not join any of the organizations of death and destruction--armies.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah, probably. But that's entirely hypothetical.. I can't say 100% whether I would pick up arms, I guess it depends on the circumstance. Are we talking battle in some Middle Eastern desert wasteland, or my own personal patch of turf? Why are we fighting? Do I have other obligations - kids, etc?

When you're talking a draft situation, I'm pretty sure your only options are to either A) go along and fight or B) go on the lamb. I guess you could eat thousands of burgers and get morbidly obese, but I have a novel idea of utilizing the obese as the form of human-armored-battle machines.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

I agree with most of what you have to say,however, I must point out to you in big bold letters: I AM FAR FROM BEING ANTI-HOMOSEXUAL. Also, if you want something bad enough you will have to fight for it in some way. If my avatar offends you or anyone else for that matter,I appologize, but i happen to like it and its not meant to be anti-gay...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think that, at this point, a draft would be the catalyst for a revolution.

Once upon a time, when Konah was young, he dreamed of being a soldier, a sniper, a medic - rushing to the defense of the old U.S. of A. in the name of freedom. When he was in 6th grade he watched the acts of 9/11 take place and told his English teacher he would get revenge, and he waved goodbye to family members and neighbors as they donned fatigues and marched to war.

Fast forward to 2011.

If I received a draft letter today, I would immediately gather my rifles to help arm the empty-handed and kiss my mother before I head out the door towards the forming militia.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
idk if im old enough to be drafted

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I would not fight in a war for the corporate elete,I would join the other side and FIGHT the corporate fat cats till they was hanging in Time Square like Mussolini..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Even if it meant fleeing into the brush on bare, bleeding feet and living off grubs for the duration: dodge, dodge, dodge like whoa.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Nope I wouldn't go, I would dodge the draft, and if somehow they managed to find me and force me to go, upon arriving to the war I would take off/escape at the first possible chance, leave the war area and make my way on my own.

If I had no loved ones I would just start a new life wherever the land takes me, if I had loved ones(which I do) I would spend all my efforts trying to return home on my own, however long it took.

The only possible scenario I might be willing go to war would be if I was fighting for the revolution of Humanity against the NWO/Elites, and if that was the case it wouldn't be a draft.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well, I'm of the correct age but am not physically fit or able. But even if I was, my answer would be no. I'm nonviolent. I will not fight or kill another human being except in the event of imminent self-defense, and even then I would not kill. I wouldn't flee, either, though. I'd stand up, express my views, fight it legally, and then if need be go to jail as a dissident.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In today's state of the world, I think a likely scenario is North Korea (backed by China) invading South Korea. This might be enough to warrant third World War, especially if Iran and Syria then attack Israel while western forces are pre-occupied in Asia.

In this case, I think it is reason enough to go along with the conscription and defend South Korea.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I offend anyone here, but everyone that said it would depend on the reason behind the war are as dangerous as the one fighting for no reasons.

THERE IS NO REASON FOR WAR besides the elite secret agenda.

Every man and woman of this world when facing each other only want peace.

Then you'll tell me, yeah but what if a country invade yours....

I understand, but the thing is that if another country would invade mine, it would be because of people who accept to fight for their "leaders".

We do not need any politicians, we do not need war because this planet has more to offer than what everyone needs. But the "leaders" make you believe in scarcity and greed and eventually pushes you to believe that the man in front of you wants to kill you. But he doesn't. He also believe that you are evil.

War is the result of brainwashing and like someone said earlier in this thread, if no one went to fight, there would be no war cause the politicians wouldn't fight it themselves.

I suggest that if some politicians have problem with each other and want to fight, we put them in a ring and let them figure it out. Who ever wins can do what it originally intended to do.

The result, all the the politicians would look like THE ROCK.

At least it would be a good show.....and it's not like they're doing much anyway beside advocating patriotism, greed, scarcity, violence, depopulation, stardom, stupidity and pharmaceutical necessities.

I'm sorry if I'm offending some people but as long as ANYONE will believe that there is any reason good enough to take another man's life, there will be war.

If NO ONE wanted to fight, you wouldn't need to hide, because there would be no one to come and force you to fight.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMSEEKER

Thats a very idealistic viewpoint though, and reality is far different. So would you let another army storm in and invade your country - who cares why they have done it - and sit there and take it? While your family is killed and tortured or worse? Really you don't think that is excuse enough to kill another man for? I pity you, then as you live in a dream and when you wake up it will terrify you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whats the point? i mean WWIII would be about nuclear war* as it was reffered to in the 80's growing up as a kid. no matter where you were, for the most part, drafted, enlilsted, rusian or american army, yuor still going to be evaporated, or contaminated, and after that...food chain might collapse. cant be eating radioactive food* or water. ide imagine most would wanna stay home with their loved ones, or at least attempt to travel n get away together.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In an way, shape, form, or gesture of mine is in close of resembling a homosexual.. but if i am drafted, you bet im a flaming flamboyant mess to get my ass out of a situation as such! Because in my view, they dont like having homosexual human beings fighting, so.. why not give them what they don't want for something i want!

edit on 13-4-2011 by kraker58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
No I would'nt bother to sign up afterall it would be a complete waste of time.
If there is another World War there won't be any need for soldiers,it will be all out Nuclear and Chemical Warfare = Extinction
It is the most likely scenario : future.wikia.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It all depends on what I'm fighting for. If I believe that going to war is actually going to keep my country safe then yes. But if I dont think the reason for war is justifiable Id have a hard time seeing myself getting shipped off.

And if it ever came down to the US getting invaded, you bet I'll fight for my country.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join