It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I would fight to protect my Country.

I wouldn't fight to further a political agenda or line the pockets of the globalists.

If I was called into the coming wars, ordered tokill my fellow man sop the rich can become richer?

I'd rather they shoot me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Most people seem to be replying with "For a good cause sure"

Remember guys the war in Iraq is a good cause. We're freeing them in the name of democracy. You know killing kids for democracy...oh what am I saying those kids are terrorists.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
No I wouldn't. I gave them their chance in 1990 and was turned down for service. Screw them. Their loss. Can you tell I'm still bitter about that?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I could never raise arms against my brothers and sisters. But I would take a knife to the throats of those who are responsible for all the corruption we face. Even still I would pity them.

I would not fight a war though, it's pointless and without end, and many innocents die. Why try to destroy the entire snake and even it's borough when all you have to do to stop it is take off its head?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i would tell the draft board im a communist and most likely sabotage gear and equipment. that should get me out of any fight i had no hand in starting.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Just think about it. Who would really want to go and pollute their soul with such a horrible experience? I would take my own life before I went to war to serve TPTB.

edit on 04/18/11 by WillNiendick because: grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I will never kill a human or as I like to call them "Family". Reasonable humane force does not include murder. Revenge and retaliation are as worse a judgement as those who committed the evil that started the war in the first place. If I was sent to war I would dodge. If not I would sit in the middle of the battlefield close my eyes while holding a flower.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gildedlily

I expect I would perform quite well.

Perform quite well? Have you ever played a shooter? Let's say MW2. Have you ever played it on veteran for the first time? Because that's how good you will be in real life. You will be as good as a guy picking up the Xbox 360 controller for the first time to play MW2 on Veteran. Do you want to know how quick your adventure will end? And keep in mind there is no "reload checkpoint" in real life.

So, like I say... Do you want to know how long you will last?
edit on 13-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

in a word?

no

Id rather sit in jail than make the criminal aholes in washington richer by fighting their "wars"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There is no need for a draft, at least as I see it.

My service was voluntary before.
If WWIII broke out on an official capacity, I would be the first to volunteer, no draft required.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So many variables here to answer - who are we fighting and why? If the cause is just and necessary then heck yeah sign me up to defend my home, if it is for an unjust cause or my homeland isn't actually threatened then I really don't know. There is a fine line between objecting due to beliefs and cowardice, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Very True. On a side note, most of the people I've talked to are clueless about local and global issues happening as I speak.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If we were to go to war against a land filled with miserable retards, say Washington DC, San Francisco or Berkeley, CA, I wouldn't only volunteer, I would bring all my own toys too.

And I would be the first and last one there just to make sure war is carried out properly.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Ah, the difference being would I think it was a good cause? The politicians told us Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya are good causes but do any of us really believe it? As for them killing each other I really couldn't care less. A WW3 scenario would be much more global (well, duh!) and my country would need to be affected in order for me to sign up.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I go but I have one condition. All hollywood actors and actresses, politicians, bankers, congressmen and congresswomen, corporation/company employers and employees, go right into the s***hole with the rest of us.

If I see that. I'll be the first in line. As long as they follow right behind me.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Id fight the people trying to make me fight!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree with this:

It's not an easy job guys and it can suck when the public thinks it's wrong. Think about it though. You are going to? Ask yourself that.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am too old to be drafted, however not too old to make a difference. I have already served and some lessons don't pass from the memory banks very quickly.

If the draft were expanded to include any able-bodied man or woman and the world was on the cusp of WW III?

Nope. I wouldn't comply. I would better serve my country and people in the local trenches. It has been hypothesized that WW III would be fought with nuclear weapons, almost to the exclusion of troops. I don't see that as being very realistic. Yes, there are nuclear weapons aplenty enough (even still) to basically stone-age or at least bronze-age the majority of the planet. That doesn't mean that the conflicts would not continue after that horrible series of events.

Thus, I would tend to help protect, feed, assist my local population -- or at least that is my view within context of how I imagine the scenario playing out.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I am just wondering how exactly that would work? So WW3 comes because people are tired of Government intervention on all accounts so we rise up against them and then we agree to a draft? Hrmmmmmm

Do Enlighten me ATS.....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Are we forgetting that no matter where you are in WW3, you will be toast. Eventually, nuclear war will come about... Unless of course, you have your own bunker, which you'd be forced to spend god knows how long in. I think I would rather be dead. Unless of course my bunker was filled with enough women, pot, and vodka to last me a lifetime. It would also have to be a pretty big bunker, so it is impractical unless you are rich.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join