It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not only would I fight for my country.I would Kill for my country. With a bloody psychopathic army smile on My face.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If Barry sent me to fight...Hell No....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yes, as I said, I would very much expect to be tortured and killed for refusing to fight for a tyrant. I wouldn't consider that the cowardly option, would you? Seems to me that deciding to follow orders out of fear for personal safety is the obvious cowardly option there.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

No rape, ravage, pillage? what? c'mon, we should all honor our forefather's wishes and wreak havoc upon all the land, death destruction and mayhem to us all!! for the glory of one.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
Not only would I fight for my country.I would Kill for my country. With a bloody psychopathic army smile on My face.

I'm glad people can post things like this openly. It's important for human beings to be able to fully understand the kinds of animals we're up against in the fight to become civilized.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Yes, as I said, I would very much expect to be tortured and killed for refusing to fight for a tyrant. I wouldn't consider that the cowardly option, would you? Seems to me that deciding to follow orders out of fear for personal safety is the obvious cowardly option there.

It depends. If you live in Canada or the US and pretend to be under a tyrant, then you are a coward for sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would fight if my country was invaded.

I wouldn't fight their war, their way though.

I would let them outfit me with the gear and then desert and fight for my own area, my own way.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ohh, Sure!

But I would be fighting those attempting to draft me..
And anyone else trying to force me into something I will not do.

But will I go to war for this country?
Will i kill for this country?

F no.

Will I go to war with the criminals who run this country?
You bet.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Any leader who ordered me to go to war against my will would be by definition a tyrant. The involuntary draft is tyrannical -- how am I to know what the leader's true motivations for ordering me to kill his enemies are? '

How the heck does that square with valuing freedom from government? I can hardly think of a more direct and serious way for the government to take away someone's freedom than to give an order to kill in its name or be killed by its agents. As I said, I'm far from being a pacifist, and in many situations, I would absolutely kill to save innocent people however I could. But if the leader puts a gun in my hands, I will point it at my own head before I ever point it at any human being just because the leader ordered me to. Hell no.

If there was a war on, and fighting for it was just and right, I wouldn't have to be drafted. I wouldn't join any military, but I would fight, of course I would. I will be the one who decides when that time has come -- no one else, and certainly not a politician I already know to be a corrupt, greedy liar.
edit on 13-4-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

That's a lot of question to be confined to a single line of text!

1. Was my country attacked? I mean, seriously attacked and genuinely attacked, like Pearl Harbor?

2. Is the war one for freedom/liberty or a political spoil?

3. By World War 3, I have to assume you mean that this includes all the NATO nations as well as Russia, China, India and in all probability, Israel?

If my nation or any close allied nation was purposely and openly attacked, yes. I would go if called.... even though at my age, I doubt that it would ever come to that short of an invasion of North America.

If the war was to honestly save liberty elsewhere, where the people of that land really wanted to be saved? Maybe. But I have seen America become a target for hatered and demonification in the last decade. I see no sense in helping any nation or people who bite the hands that reach out to it and shed their blood for it.

Large scale or World Wars are generally worthy in the beginning and end up as political playtoys. If there is a third, I hope we are smart enough to toss out everyone in power and start from scratch. But then again, even if we do, memories of bloodletting and suffering on this scale never last for more than a few generations before they are forgotten and stupidity reigns once more.

edit on 13-4-2011 by redoubt because: Typos

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Any leader who ordered me to go to war against my will would be by definition a tyrant. The involuntary draft is tyrannical -- how am I to know what the leader's true motivations for ordering me to kill his enemies are? '

How the heck does that square with valuing freedom from government? I can hardly think of a more direct and serious way for the government to take away someone's freedom than to give an order to kill in its name or be killed by its agents. As I said, I'm far from being a pacifist, and in many situations, I would absolutely kill to save innocent people however I could. But if the leader puts a gun in my hands, I will point it at my own head before I ever point it at any human being just because the leader ordered me to. Hell no.

If there was a war on, and fighting for it was just and right, I wouldn't have to be drafted. I wouldn't join any military, but I would fight, of course I would. I will be the one who decides when that time has come -- no one else, and certainly not a politician I already know to be a corrupt, greedy liar.
edit on 13-4-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

Have fun breaking big rocks into littler rocks in a striped suit for the next twenty years then.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Unless the cause of this war directly affects me, or anyone close to me, HELL NO.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

No, I would not fight. Instead, I would put all my effort into destabilizing anything and everything. If I was made to fight, I would turn my gun on any high ranking officer I could find. All military personal should be burnt alive for the crimes they have committed against humanity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

id tell them to fuk off then fight you.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
ya know I have to interject some common sense
in this thread right about now.

While I am an advocate of free speech,
I do urge caution when replying to such
a question as this thread.

There probably are multiple ABC's
viewing this thread and taking notes.

There are a lot of emotional people
in this thread. While emotions play a
huge part of our everyday lives. It is
detriment on the battlefield.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I am already drafted

I swore my allegiance, when I oathed into the Marine Corps

honestly though I will re-enlist

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wouldnt,....it wouldnt be worth it,but if they invade us then pass me a TAR-21 with scope,and a pack of gummy bears,

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Yes, I've said many times that I understand my position would lead to prison, torture and/or death. Can you please explain how basing your actions based on your fear of those things is not the coward's choice?

link   
I'd fight to eradicate islamist extremists and jihad or anything else I personally don't agree with

link   
Or if we was invaded by ET

edit on 13-4-2011 by cyberghosts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join