It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Good Thread first and foremost! Different than the usual. So S & F for you!

First let me say, that the military aren't soldiers for the elite. Not knowingly anyways. They joined because they wanted to be a part of something good. You can't blame them for the actions implemented by TPTB.

But to answer your question, It would solely depend on the reasons for the WWIII to begin with. If there was invasion on US soil, say, like the old movie Red Dawn. In that type of scenario, I think most citizens on US soil would be thrust into a fight, whether they wanted too or not. If that being the case, I'd be on the front lines, ( sort of speak, Im better at long range shooting, because thats what I practice) so my efforts would be more of the " sniper " type than anything else. CQB can be rather tedious. In urban combat, ( speaking from past military exp ), there is so much involved, that the survival rate of CQB, without fellow trained soldiers, ( so with civilians ) would be substantially lower.

Now it WWIII was say in another country, and said countries involved, did nothing to the US per say, then I dont think I would par take in any types of aggression.

Its all dependent on what the reasonings for the war occurring to begin with?

Anyways, good thread~

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

if im drafted and bieber is on manouvers with me , its an excuse to show him some" FRIENDLY FIRE "

that'd be solving a lot of problems

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
No way ill stay home and protect the loved ones, why the hell would i want to protect the government? the people that started the war get to stay home, no way draft them instead. If the enemy would attack your home then who would protect your loved ones since you got drafted away. The governent aint gonna do it they will just run off to survive

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wedidgothacked
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

if im drafted and bieber is on manouvers with me , its an excuse to show him some" FRIENDLY FIRE "

that'd be solving a lot of problems

Bieber would most likely exp a " training accident"!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i think everyone here seems to be missing the point of the initial post. this is about a draft order for world war 3, which would probably be because of something massively bad happening and most of the world fighting because they are under threat, thats how i would define a world war. so its probably not likely to be about oil or whatever other bs you all keep banging on about.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
NO why will i fight for the elites, i once said that i will only fight if mother earth is being invaded by some alien from another planet,also please look at my thread of a baby born with a frog head on my profile thank you

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
War has always been the fight for power, to gain, to hold on too, or as defense. Natural cataclysm could also provoke war as mass migration usually does not happen in peace.

Anyway... I would try and stay out of any conflict except when the lives of my loved ones or my own was at stake.

I will be hoping the next war would be won by us not fighting. I'm very afraid that we are needed actually as the use of drones and other unmanned technical killing machines and devices are used more and more.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm a woman so it's doubtful they want me. You know, girls are all girly and stuff. However I know for sure my husband would go, he is active duty as it is so I suppose that point is moot as well but if he happened to retire before his original date, then he would go. I would stay home and defend my country in whatever way I could, maybe not in a war-esque shoot-em-up way, but I would do absolutely everything I could. The women would most likely assume the roles of men (if those were still applicable) such as in WW2. I would be proud to sacrifice in whatever way possible, even if I wouldn't agree with the reasons of war (is there ever an agreeable war?). God forbid this happened in 16 years, my son would be drafted
if he doesn't decide to join regardless....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

I can't go due to a cancer that I have but If I was drafted I wouldn't go, not just because I am a coward but I don't think I could end another persons life. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
No.
&
No.

Unless the draft is for the NFL,im not interested.
Im not dying because two people are having a pissing contest.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Fight for who exactly?
King and country..? Since my country see's me as a money bank which it can turn upside down and shake until it has all my money I don't think I really owe it anymore than I've already given. My country has all my money and is at present slowly wittling away at my freedoms so I'm not so sure I would want to give it my life as well!
Personally I would not feel a coward or any guilt when I ever so politely stuck two fingers up in the face of my country and it's rulers and asked whether their children and loved ones were willing to be used as cannon fodder?
Enough of my family have died in wars and conflicts supposedly to make the world a better place. Well, look around you. The world is circling the drain and is about to be flushed into the sewer. Its hardly the eutopia that those who fought in the first and second world wars thought they were fighting for is it?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Never. So ridiculous why people join the army nowadays, they don't realise what they're doing till its too late.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyb578
i think everyone here seems to be missing the point of the initial post. this is about a draft order for world war 3, which would probably be because of something massively bad happening and most of the world fighting because they are under threat, thats how i would define a world war.

We've had two world wars so far, and historical forensics shows that the men-behind-the-curtains act like a childish playground bully for various (usually resource related) reasons. What's "massively bad" is that low-class men and women can obtain and remain in positions of power. They are the single most serious threat to the world and our country.

edit on 13-4-2011 by tyson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If I was called to fight for my country again.

I would go. Yes

Without a doubt.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
er...won't the nukes be doing the fighting?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Absolutely not. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are; I'm not fighting in any war for any reason. I'm just one guy and the military can do just fine without me. I'll let all the other guys get themselves killed while I stay home and live my life. Even if I was drafted, my asthma, nervousness and anxiety would disable me from war. I also would refuse to do anything, so they would have no choice but to send me back home and let me live the life I deserve without getting shot or blown up.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
nope !!! i would run to the mountains and live like Grizzly Adams

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I believe that if WW III ever does occur, the question of would we fight if drafted would be irrelevant. We would all have to fight, because this would be a war brought, eventually, to our very streets. So my answer would be yes, I would fight, as would every other American. Not for the elite agenda, but for our very survival and all that we hold dear.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Not me. I have no problems with anyone. Therefore I'm not fighting anyone. Wars don't solve anything the just make the international bankers richer.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If I was drafted I would go in a heartbeat. I was in the Army served in OIF 06 - 07. Great experience. War is grusome. I never wanted to get out but I was young and made mistakes and such is a life full of them no one is perfect. War is nothing but a game of life or death. Besides we all die in the end...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join