It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Mate, if a person saw plenty enough of their kin chucked thru a meat grinder and they did'nt help out then they're are a dead-set dick head in my opinion. I would have to join, and I am sure that anyone else with half a brain would be willing to fight for what they believe in.

Overpopulation is a bitch; we are approaching 7Billion soon. Is war made to curb this? Although every cell in your body screams otherwise, what is the alternative?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I would fight for what I believed in.

< sarcasm> And when that gets boring I would use it as an oppurtunity to rape and pillage young girls. What? Why should the US Military be the only ones having all that fun?! < /sarcasm>

edit on 13-4-2011 by JonInMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by JonInMichigan because: ats tried to interpret my fake tags...oops

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

That is why us Australia will always fight on your side, we owe you for your help with the Japs and most real Aussies are good on a debt. I cant comment on the new Aussie types tho, they seem fairly slimy and wouldn't be much good in a gun fight at a guess. As for China, they have already invaded Australia, they just haven't got red of us real Aussies yet, but there working on our cats and dogs :-). Australia's biggest enemy is the corrupt unaccountable two party government we have.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

Likewise brother... I hear plenty that the US takes incompetency to a new level on the front line.

GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!
edit on 13-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: who ya callin slimy beeatch?!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

The simple fact of the matter is that people are too brain dead and will fight for anybody if it means keeping their comforts and security. I mean, "Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris" is the most watched YouTube video for crying out loud and has half a billion views!

Am I understanding this right, you think people are stupid/dumb/brain dead if they fight for their way of life?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I just came up with an idea.

Before any can truly answer: maybe spend some time with some of the new and old vets at a local veterans hospital. Take the time to listen to these people's stories.

Maybe then we can answer the question with more confidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Why would anyone fight for a nation? I do not mean fighting against someone invading your region, or town. I mean fighting in a far away land for an idealized nation state myth.

Nations are constructs. Lines on the earth created to ensure the resources within that region are available to those who control that region. Nations are not something to be thought of positively, or nostalgically. They are myths used by powerful people to mobilize other people to fight for their interests.

People within a nation may have similarities in language, culture, or religion. These similarities do not mean that people are somehow bound with, or have a duty to the national idea. It only means that we have some commonality with our neighbors. It does not mean our commonality justifies killing other people with a different commonality.

Generations of propaganda, and reinforced mythology create a belief system around a nation. This belief system is then used to dupe people into fighting for the state. The whole time the state treats the conditioned supporters as fodder, and uses them as means for an end. Many times the people that are culturally, and regionally related with the soldiers suffer. Men go fight for mythical national ideals far from home, and their families are left to fend off the state.

The idea that any state can kidnap, brainwash, and imprison young citizens is criminal. Drafting means that you are taken to a base against your will. You undergo intense conditioning, and mental reprogramming. Then you are taught to kill with pane of death for refusal.

That is so opposed to everything human, and completely contrary to the natural rights of an individual.

The answer has to be no. I would much more likely fight against a state that drafts the citizens. Why go fight someone just like me from another country? Were both fodder for the powerful who care nothing for us.
edit on 13-4-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by marsend

We Aussies stopped calling the JAPANESE, japs 50years ago, so get with the times and stop being racist.
It really doesn't suit us Aussies.
And we AUSSIE's DONT owe america ANYTHING. get your history books out. We owe them NOTHING.
So get your lips off their arse, because your not making us Aussies look good. So stop kissing their butt as your making us AUSSIES look like a pack of American butt kissers.
Get some self respect, remember AUSTRALIA have the toughest soliders on the planet, remember that.
Australia has payed for its respect. We dont have to beg for it mate. REMEMBER that.
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

And remember TOBRUK. We Aussies won it in WW2 against ROMMEL and now the allies have to win it back 67 years later. What did the AUSSIES DIGGERS die for then???? If the AUSSIES wernt there then WW2 would have ended differently.

History will tell you all im not lying
edit on 13-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

When the United States kept Australian people from having to learn Japanese and stopped them from being enslaved by the Japanese Empire during World War 2? (an indisputable fact ) I guess that wasn't enough of the US proving it's self to you? Maybe you should brush up on your Chinese. lol
edit on 4/13/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

When the U.S kept Australian from...?
What did you do personally?

Holding on on ghost of the past. These happenings have nothing to do with us.

edit on 13-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Think there would be a whole army of conscientious objector's out there. Thanks to the information and research we have readily available, the average potential meat-shield is clued up on murky motives and war-profiteering. We are more suspicious. I'd enlist if the Brit-ish isle's were going to be invaded by some crazed horde, but fighting some war thousands of miles away, not a chance.
This war larks getting silly, Jim Shannon's dream is a step in the right direction anyways.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by meathed

And you gave me a great feeling today. Thnx you too.

(I agree there are not allot of humans walking around that are connected to the truth. )

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

Since we're talking hypotheticals here, let's explore the background:

Our government attacked us with a false flag on 9/11. Since that attack, these busy little bees have been methodically disassembling our liberties and our economy. These miscreants think it's acceptable to allow Wall Street and banks to privatize profits and socialize losses. They think it is acceptable to flood our prisons with non-violent offenders while they are fully engaged in international narcotics trafficking and state-sponsored terrorism. They are intentionally disassembling this country.

In the event of a draft, would you really want to defend and protect an outlaw regime? Accepting the call-to-arms would mean going into battle with the real enemy at our rear. No matter what happens, we lose ..... because we are in the wrong.

For people of conscience and courage, the easy option would be to leave the country and establish a life in another country. But ..... hypothetically speaking, wouldn't we be better served by attacking, defeating and chaining our real enemies, the central banks and the corporatists?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by marsend
reply to post by JerryB08

That is why us Australia will always fight on your side, we owe you for your help with the Japs and most real Aussies are good on a debt. I cant comment on the new Aussie types tho, they seem fairly slimy and wouldn't be much good in a gun fight at a guess. As for China, they have already invaded Australia, they just haven't got red of us real Aussies yet, but there working on our cats and dogs :-). Australia's biggest enemy is the corrupt unaccountable two party government we have.

You seem to owe nothing in my eyes.

You are born. And then everybody enforces believes on you, embedding them taking them in as the truth. As it is far from the truth.

You are a human, like al of us regulars. If you (at least I would)could recreate the world, it would be a paradise. Everything is here for free. Until then, we have embrace the wrong believes

It is black or white in this case.
edit on 13-4-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
the only war i would fight for would be my freedom. doesn't matter who its against since i've been fighting for it since the day i was born. the simple answer would be NO.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hell yes...I'd fight for the right to stay sovereign and free any day under any circumstances !!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why fight for fools in suits when I can fight for those I love. Let them come here. Arm the citizens so they can protect themselves. If the war is just we will eventually find out. If you have to force someone to fight then you're obfuscating their freedom of choice. If they're not doing anything criminal in a US court then you have no right to bully them. Have more trust in the human spirit. They will fight if it comes to that. Let them figure it out. There're plenty of people who will fight blindly. Let them come and fight for you. Don't bully people it's tyrannical and subhuman.

I would gladly join a local defensive unit to learn how to clean and own a gun and how to do what I need to do to act in a defensive posture in the local community or region. But I would not join the offensive war until I felt it was just. So leave me alone about that much.

Ultimately, each and every one of us bears the responsibility of the decisions of our superiors. This is a free country. We have to act. If we fail to, it's as though we ourselves are complicit. If our brothers and sisters go to war unjustly then we carry the weight of their wrongdoing. In effect, once the war has already started we have little choice other than to defend the ones we love. So, the war might be rooted in corruption and prejudice and foolish desires, but since we're all culpable in this mess as a big national family then the least we can do is either work in a local factory to keep our civilization going or to man a defensive position.

What I am saying is that it doesn't matter how you feel about the iraq war. It happened and it's on our clock. We're a nation. We failed as a nation. Each of us can be blamed for it.

And if hte bombs rain down on us in our last moments of despair we will let loose our guns and scream bloody murder at the planes above that send these nightmares to us. You up there you might be right in doing what you're doing, but you're killing our loved ones nonetheless and though we did not support this war we have no other choice than to kill or be killed. The end.
edit on 13-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
short answer: no
Long answer: If forced I'd either do as little as possible or shoot my commanding officer or hide in the bushes.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
to defend my country, there is no hesitation on this answer
HELL YEAH!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would have to weigh my options. No knowledge of anything military related. Maybe a small bit. It would be lucky to help me.I believe I will be in poop poop.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
HELL NO!!!!
I think most people have seen the effects of world wars and would keep well away from them and refuse to fight........and rightfully so.
Its the politicans and the bankers that will start WW3,as they do with all wars,so my attitude is they can send their children to fight for their gains.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join