It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
When W W 3 hits i am going to switzerland, living there in the mountains and wait till it's all over.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

I have already Happily and Voluntarily served our great country for four years. I am just waiting for my phone call to go back.

There are some people that the entire world would be better off without!!!

By the way, I was a Combat Engineer in the US Army; BOOM!!!
edit on 20-9-2011 by Boston0305 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yes, I'm joining the British armed forces in readiness, bring on the Chinese, Russians, North Koreans and Iranians.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Absolutely. End of story.
edit on 26-2-2012 by drakevonz because: Wrong font color

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
since i was discharged under honorable conditions i don't think i am eligible for draft or call back, one thing i would do is join anything that protects r land and our families here in America from invasion, whether it be government or civil although seeing how the us military works i would be more prone to join local militia

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Its a world war so what do you want to do staying at home when everyone is out fighting. Make yourself useful and whip up some of those delicious muffins for the team as well as your boys..lol Don't worry they will find something for you in the arms factories.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Even though I'm a woman, I've always wanted to enlist.
I've considered that if there is a draft re-instated, then I'll just enlist anyways.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Draft dodgers are of the worst ilk! They hold themselves above all others, and to dismiss their own guilt, they suggest that others are feeble minded or war mongers; draft dodgers have an elitist mentality and they disguise it like cowards. I would serve my fellow Americans, not because I want to, but because someone must serve and I am unwilling to ask others to go in my stead- I do not believe that I have certain intitlements that others may not, or that my life may hold value over theirs'.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You can't be drafted in my country but if that changed i would be pissed. I would rather stick the gun up the backside of the person forcing me to fight and pull the trigger rather than fight a senseless war. Needless to say i would point blank refuse to fight, why should i? It's not anybody's place to tell me what i should do, it's my life my choice.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ahhh no.We flew to Desert Sheild in September on a Pan Am flight to Saudi Arabia WITH our primary small arms,unloaded of course.It was trully an odd sight to see the Stewardesses struggle with storing the m16s and 203s.They were very frightened for us.
World war 3 will be with WMDs primarily if we are stupid enough to do that again. If there is a draft they are in real trouble so not going might get you shot.
Hell yes I would go, I wouldn't last long though I'm pretty sick, lung wise.But that would beat rotting in a hospital bed sucking the life and cash from my wife.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
i would...as a matter of fact, I'll be planning and executing my own operations.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by kro32

Ah crap, just realized I quoted the wrong post above. My responses were directed at Aoraki, not you.

Apologies.
edit on 14-4-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

I would rather be called a 'free- rider' than a murderer.

For the record, I am glad that I do not live in your warmongering country.

I have no respect for soldiers anywhere. I am diametrically opposed to them.

I have full respect for conscientious objectors.
edit on 28-3-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sorry,

I misbehaved.
edit on (3/28/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well it depends on what you really mean by fight.

For example if WWIII happens and I'm drafted, even if I don't believe in the war, if someone is coming at me with a gun, I'm going to kill them.

I don't want a WW3. I also don't want to die.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
On a post 9/11 public data mine-able message board, I'd say..

Hells yeah!!, god bless apple pie..

I pray every day that my GOP & DNC overlords start yet another war, so that I might get recalled into the service and righteous defense of mom, dad, the red whit'n blue... and soccer MILF moms everywhere.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would have fought that obviously evil enemy. With my luck I would end up fighting an Allie as my country loves to switch sides. First we befriend them, then we bomb them, then we befriend them again.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If WW3 broke out it would be going nuclear within hours and we would ALL be dead. There will be no draft. The only draft would be the nuclear wind sweeping the world. Actually Planet Earth would be a new asteroid belt as the planet would literally blow up. So there you go...best way to win a war is not to fight a war or start one.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Pretty simple for me, a foriegn country places boots on the ground in "MY" country. I will fight to prolong my way of life.

The war starts and we are not in defensive position, but agressors as always. Then I'm gonna sit my ass on the couch and watch. If I'm not fighting for my freedom and way of life then it's not my fight. Plain and simple.

SaneThinking

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If there werent so many dark and evil conspiracies behind the powers, I'd be in the military right now. I'm a female, but I feel like America treats everyone as equals to such a degree that if they were to re-impose a drafting system here, it would include all genders, male, female, and everything in between. Gender isn't quite as cut-and-dry as it used to be, and now that women, gays, and colored people are generally given the same rights and statuses as white American men, if a drafting system were to be imposed again in the modern age, it would more than likely include quite a lot more people than back in the day... but we have such an uncontrolled population, so many rebels, and so many conspiracy theorists who would sooner die than march into war for the government, they'd have a tough time convincing anyone by force... so they'll most likely use a reaction of threat or fear to scare people into enlisting of their own will. That's how you have to do it in America. If its not of their own will, they won't do it.

So, basically, no. I wouldn't fight in the military. I'd fight in my homeland, because that's where the real war is.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
If WW3 broke out it would be going nuclear within hours and we would ALL be dead. There will be no draft. The only draft would be the nuclear wind sweeping the world. Actually Planet Earth would be a new asteroid belt as the planet would literally blow up. So there you go...best way to win a war is not to fight a war or start one.

Sorry we do not have enough weapons to break up the planet...Yet. Currently we have enought to wipe the face of th eplanet clean,but as far as asteroids? not so much. Personally after surviving the blast and radiation i would set out finding other surviors and make my way to area 51 or one of the doomsday preppers silos and conduct a hostile take over. Close off the air vents until suffocation occurs or they pop out their heads to see whats blocking the air flow.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join