It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When I read they were changing the draft to include both men and women up to age 42 or 44, I forget what the law changed it too, I thought I might be able to be drafted again. I went and signed a draft card when I was the appropriate age. I did not want to go and fight someone else's war that some politician thought needed to be done. However if it came to a situation where I thought our country needed to be defended I was willing to go and fight. If I had a choice between getting killed or killing someone, I believe I would kill them. War is all about kill or be killed.

If some country does something that would result in killing the US economically, death from starvation and not having any work to get money could be just as bad as someone attacking you. If a country has large armies, then they tend to get used. Some democrats have proposed making a draft mandatory thinking that would discourage our country going to war if everyone's kids were automatically required to serve in the military. What I read indicates that is wrong. A draft is a confiscation of labor and makes it cheaper for a country to go to war. A draft would reduce costs for the government and make war more likely. I still don't like the idea of the draft unless absolutely necessary to defend the country. I also prefer that the law wasn't changed to include women in the draft. If there were massive causalties, losing a lot of men to the war wouldn't have to result in a massive sustained population loss for a country. Losing a lot of females would set the country back for years.

However I believe the law was changed and now both men and women up to at least age 42 I believe can be drafted. I hope people are careful about who they elect and know there are some people out there that believe mandatory military service would be good for you. I do not like the idea of mandatory service.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Let's hope we make the correct decision to avoid a world war. In the case there was a world war I don't think that a draft would even be a question. Modern war is about technology not manpower. That's why most countries have professional armies. The war would probably be over and entire populations annihilated before you could draft civilians and form them to use the tech.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't know to be truth. I never wanted to hurt/kill someone else except i have to. So i think i will dodge

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

IN TWO WORDS HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!!!

They could lock me away for eternity in Folsom prison, but I damn well would not serve in the war for this assinine POS country! I wish I hadn't enlisted when I did, and I will send my children to Canada so they would not be drafted!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I would not fight, or run. I won't even pay my taxes. Don't vote either. It is a waste and mind control. The system is rigged with all sides already bought and paid for. The slave masters draw imaginary lines in the sand and tell the slaves to fight over it so they can become wealthier. Stop being a slave. Love is the only thing that can conquer hate. This is a very old truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Just refuse to take the oath. They will intimidate you for a while to try and scare you into it but you'll be in a bus home in no time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
No.

With so many people willing to fight , without rhyme or reason as it currently is, TPTB have no reason to create manufactured scenarios to pursue war. All they have to do is load you up with ammo, fly you wherever they want you to fight, and the chimps that are the military will happily blast away.

Grow a pair and say NO.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I have not read down this thread yet but I just wanted to say I find this a very thought provoking post!!!

Even if a person lives in a country that does not currently have a draft or a mandatory military service requirement you can bet they would in very short order if a full blown WWIII broke out!!!

Great Thread

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Thank goodness I am too old to be drafted. Still did my time though.

World War 3? A global conflict affecting every nation on the planet. Drafted or not, we would all become involved in some respect and probably die as a consequence. So, it really makes no difference. Die with a rifle in your hand or die at home.

Personally, I would prefer it if there was never a war again.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Not a chance unless my country was invaded and theres not much chance of that happening.

I dont see WW3 being like the other 2 wars where it was mostly manpower, WW3 would be a lot more technical with EMPs wiping out all electronics, missile exchanges etc. There wont be much gun to gun fighting.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'd only fight if my country was invaded. have to protect your families.
but if we were the invading force or bad guys in any way i'd likely betray the uk as it has betrayed me.
make kebabs not war.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its depends what it was for, if it was to steal resources etc I wouldn't go

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I know every country doesn't have the draft system, but let's say WWIII starts and your country starts up a draft, forcing you to go fight. Would you serve your country, or would you draft dodge?

Personally, I'm not sure what I'd do. Draft dodging sounds better than serving the corporate elite and murdering my fellow man, but I don't have much knowledge of places I could hide until I sneak into another country, so I might be one of those people who would go to war just to die.

I wouldn't. America is a Matriarchy so let the preferred gender fight to defend it. I would receive a better deal under foreign occupation the I ever would from the feminist's or traditionalist's.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
what saddens me about most of the replies in this thread is people say i would defend my country....when are people going to get rid of the idea of borders and stop segregating ourselves...we are NOT of country...we are all citizens of the world....I will not fight for any country...but i will fight for human rights....I will fight for animal rights....I will fight for life upon this planet....but i would never fight for any country......I am a citizen of the world...and you are all my brothers and sisters......

We had to all originate from a single source some where at somepoint at some time....so stop killing your fellow family members.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For those of you who are Christian, the bible said: 'They shalt not kill.' It has (relatively) recently been edited to 'they shalt not murder.' I am of no religion but do believe if we listen to that voice of guidance that we all hear, some louder than others, some hear but not listen to, then we
will
not
kill.
Ever....

.....not even a fish. Never mind a fellow human being. I will not fight with weapons. Never.
I will run. Till death if need be.

Being a good looser doesn't mean swallowing my pride, but, for once, really having it.

If there is a painting, there is a painter. If there is a creation, then there is a Creator. If we have the same Creator we must be brothers and sisters. I will not kill you. What you do is your choice.
Yes, I am totally vegetarian and will not kill. Not for 'my' country or 'my' convictions or my palet. It is the lowest form of thinking to believe anything could be solved through violence.

My opion only, cause you asked for it.
lot of love

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Not just yes but hell yes why not be fully government trained on survival and killing, not to mention the chance to work out my aggression on something useful like a government named enemy but bad news for the government would be that i would fight for what i believe in meaning wrong and right i don't care which side i see something i don't like like baby killing and rape regardless of uniform color i will line up the sights and squeeze the trigger

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
In my opinion i would try all i can to not fight.. i would try to make an escape and live in the wood for months , for me it is way more comfortable than seeing my brothers die in front of me. And the worse of it , kill someone..

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yes i will just do what my country says, i wanna protect my family and friends.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

First, let's understand that the draft is almost heresy to speak of even during a war on terror that has produced the single worst constitutional violation in history; the Patriot Act. The PA is several times over worse than the internment of the Japanese/Americans in WW2 and the anti-German backlash of WW1, not to mention Sherman's appalling march to the sea, manifest destiny and even Hitler's attempt at genocide.

The Patriot Act attacks all segments of this republic without regard to any specialty.

But as for being drafted into WW3...

It would have to be a war that directly threatened North America for there to be a draft so... that means that for those of us living on said continent, our homes and families would likely be at risk. It also says that I don't care about who is right and wrong because like the nondescript German foot-soldiers in both world wars and the guys in gray in the civil war, the only cause one fights for is to save home and family. The rest is insignificant and left to the idiot politicians and elite who probably started the whole mess.

So... yes. I would fight but at my age, not in uniform. I would take up arms and protect if anyone was fool enough to come to my neighborhood and stake a foreign flag in my yard. Thet would be worth my life... and it is what the invaders would have to take to cool my weapon.

edit on 20-9-2011 by redoubt because: typos

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join