It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There will be no drafting for the third world war. Anyone who thinks the third world war would involve any fighting that would take place more then 1-2 hours is retarded. World war three would start, and end within 45 minutes

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
World War III is one of those very few exceptions where I would not turn draft dodger. Depending upon the situation, I would probably not even need to be drafted.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

It's not idealistic. It's our choice. Do you truly believe that man would rather invade a country than staying home with their family?

Without false causes and false leaders their wouldn't be any invasion.

I understand what you mean....and it seems like everyone here say the same thing.

"No I wouldn't except if someone would invade my country."
As long as people will see the world as divisions and countries, peace on earth will not be possible.

You pity me?!?!?!

I pity you cause with your way of thinking you'll end up in the front line somewhere not understanding whats going on.

Ask any US soldier in Irak. They will tell you that they are not defending anything.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
With all I've got. If not for my country, then to defend my family and friends. What better reason to fight, then to save those you love? Hell, some do it for the excitement or *sudder* fun. (read fun as sick, sadistic pleasure.)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
There will be no drafting for the third world war. Anyone who thinks the third world war would involve any fighting that would take place more then 1-2 hours is retarded. World war three would start, and end within 45 minutes

This is really what I think.
If a situation escalated to another World War countries would be wiped out within hours unless somehow they kept their sense and didn't drop a nuke.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Not really. That's what Nuclear weapons are for. You don't need fighters, just someone willing to press a button

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

if they didn't want to fight.. what the "bleep!" were they doing joining the army.. when you sign up.. you do so knowing that there's the possibility that you'll be ordered to war and might not come back.. that's what annoys me.. humans have been killing each other since for ever and we've got good at it.. " i want to join the army to see the world" you can do that without joining.. " to gain a trade" same answer.. you join to go to war.. that's what armies do.. and they have no other reason to exist..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AtraxRobustus

You have to test for it. And I could easily pass.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

The US does not draft and send you on your way with a how to kill manual. You're thinking of Soviet Russia in WW2. In fact, even the Soviets stopped that later on. You do get qualification tests.

Besides that, don't be so sure about video games. After playing them for the longest time I tested what I learned in a game of paint ball. When 6 or so hours without a single shot on me on my first time playing it. Got a few shots down. Eventually made a really really dumb move of popping out a window to see where to shoot next, this being down range from a huge field with some 40 people shooting straight at me. Got two landed right on my face. Would have died instantly in real life. Still, if by just video games alone I could last a quarter of a day, get a few kills against experienced warriors, and then get shot and killed, I'd call my pretend-world training sufficient.

You see while there are silly games that let you take a bazillion bullets without dying, there are also realistic games that give you 1-3 shots to you before you're dead. And just one shot if its to your head.

In fact, video games do train you to be quite a formidable warrior. Put a million gamers on the battle field of an invasion on US soil and if each one of them lasted 6 hours and killed 5 men, that's more than sufficient to slaughter over 5 million enemy soldiers. And you know that with US training and the realization of the reality, those statistics would be far better.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If it was true and legit, and they had to draft people,
I would fight for anyones freedom...
Even if they have spit in my eye and slapped me in the face
I would defend you...

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
i m against war, and this is not suitable for any country

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
if i was drafted? sure id fight... so my brother wouldnt have too.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would definetly go in fight if there was a draft. Unfortunatley im already 25 and turning 26 this year, which kind of keeps you out of the system at that point. Not sure how it works? IT is not simply, ALL MEN CALL TO ARMS!

There is a lotttery, and it goes i order of age starting from 20 years old on to 21,22,23,24,25 and if need be but highly unlikely 18 and 19 year olds.

Lottery proceduresIf the agency were to mobilize and conduct a draft, a lottery would be held in full view of the public. This would be covered by the media. First, all days of the year are placed into a capsule at random. Second, the numbers 1–365 (1–366 for lotteries held with respect to a leap year) are placed into a second capsule. These two capsules are certified for procedure, sealed in a drum, and stored.

In the event of a draft, the drums are taken out of storage and inspected to make sure they have not been tampered with. The lottery then takes place, and each date is paired with a number at random. For example, if January 16 is picked from the "date" capsule and the number 59 picked from the "number" capsule, all men of age 20 born on January 16 will be the 59th group to receive induction notices. This process continues until all dates are matched with a number.

Should all dates be used, the Selective Service will then conscript men at the age of 20, then 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25. Men ages 18 and 19 are not likely to be inducted to the system. Once all dates are paired, the dates will be sent to Selective Service System's Data Management Center.[42

Selective Service(the Draft)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is a run down of WW3:

At some point we would join the army or be drafted for the sake of pride
but the reality is there are going to be drones, nukes, gasses and all sorts
of #ed up # going left, right and center.

Best thing to do is dig a giant hole in no place to be found and hide.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

It depends.

Who am I fighting ?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Depends, am I fighting because said country is invading my country? Hell yes id fight if that's the case.

Now faced with a draft I can easily type Hell yeah id dodge! But I'm gonna be honest I'm just becoming 17 and I don't have any life and death or extreme force experiences on me. I've had a gun aimed at me, I've been in tons of fights but nothing that would put me in any extreme chance of danger. (the gun thing was dangerous but if I told you the story u'd see my point) What I'm really trying to say is being faced with giving my life for a vein cause or immediate prison if I get caught is a mind breaking decision for some one like me who has been filled with crap from the media and baby fed my entire life. I'm really just now starting to see the world for what it really is and i just wanted to answer this question honestly.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

It would depend on the purpose of the war and having a clear idea of the truth. That is the tricky part, how do you know what it is you're fighting for? WWIII sounds immensely terrifying to me and somehow I think if it does occur it will be a technological war. Hard to speculate until you are on the verge of making such a decision.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While all of you are off on your draft, I'll just stay at home and 'look after' your missus

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If the fires of ww3 were burning at our door step would i be pushed
or would i carge in. well i think i would send my wife and child off to
a very very isolated place, lets say NZ, think my self aready dead
and make my way into the fire. i might not be able to do mutch
but i might be able to help another person live. in the end we all
would have to make that choice, nation or not we are all human.
If fighting comes i'll fight under our rising sun (Australian Army Badge)
I can't say i'd like to
be pushed into it, but i'd volentere.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The only war I will fight in is the revolution against TPTB. I will fight for no other war.

And in that context, it ain't a war, it's a revolution, a liberation from oppression.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join