It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I like your answer but there is no need for the word "just". That's the toughest job of all - how dya instantly become a "sniper". Its more than crosshairs on COD brutha.
edit on 14-4-2011 by AtraxRobustus because: i can

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If it were a threat to my country and the lives of my family yes, if it were a war because 2 leaders a slagging fest then no.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Yes.. without hesitating .. have wanted to go to war since I was five years old.. tried to join British Army when I was 23, recruiting sargent ( i know.. lol) asked why I wanted to join, I gave ONLY HONEST answer i could, I said " because I want to go to war. " he said "you realise there isn't going to be any more wars", I replied " wait and see." and oh look.. we're at war and I'd give ANYTHING ( except my little girl) to go to war..
so a resounding " YES!!!!" I'd fight ..because I'd finally get my war.. I believe in past lives and I've been a warrior in every one.. I've tried 'normal' employment and found that it fails to grab my attention and that war is the ONLY thing I'm good at
I'm not a psychopath ( that's what they all say..
) I'm not 'into' violence just for the sake of it.. only in defence of family and country in that order.. I've never been in a serious fight in my entire life and I'd rather walk away than fight.. not because I'm a inveterate coward but because I know in my heart of hearts that I'm capable of killing them for no other reason than they had the termerity to think they could 'take' me.. I know that I may sound egotistical or vain with what I've written but take it any way you like.. I've read almost every post and most say "no they wouldn't" some say "in defence of country" not one that I've read would do it for the fun of it.. like I would..

edit on 14/4/2011 by believer74 because: added to twice

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by believer74

Are you having a laugh? Try saying that to the widows of soldiers who didn't want to go and didn't come home

If it was to fight some foreign war for someone else then No.. If it was to protect my country from invasion then I'd take up arms in a heartbeat.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have already taken part in 3.

Now there is only 1 I would fight.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Dhimmie because: Additional information

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If defending against a legitimate (not false flag) invasion, I would willingly sign up to defend.

If oppressing/looting some other country or some other illegal made up BS like all wars today, then heck no, and since I would consider myself dead once drafted anyway, they could talk to my gun when they try to come and get me. hopefully others would do the same and nullify the draft (nobody wants to go arrest draft dodgers if they all start shooting)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If you were drafted into World War III, would you fight?

No! Because I'm 53.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There was a time not too long ago that yes I would have willingly fought for,...mmmm whatever it was I was fighting for, you know the usual crap, peace, freedom, democracy and all that.
I actually believed I was my countries most valuable resource...
what a load of garbage!

I served my country, gave them my time and lost my family in the process with limited regret in line of my duty.

But now, well now is different isn't it? No, I will not fight in any more wars. At least not for the people that run the world. As far as I'm concerned they can go F**** themselves with a variety of marital aids thank you.

when they ask me why I refuse, ill just say "You probably should have kept your damn nose out of other countries business." BLOW!

I'll face imprisonment and or the death penalty before serving these bastards ever again, and I'm speaking of the United States Government.
I'm always going to be a soldier as my signature implies, but Ill never be "Their" soldier again.
If any fighting is going to be done it's going to be breaking the back of the dragon that rules us all. Let me know when you want to stand up and fight America and I will be right there by your side to do what needs to be done to save the country I used to have feelings for from the crushing hand of corporatism and deceit.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
I would kill anybody that my government asked me to. The people running the military have been round a hell of a lot longer than I have. They probably have a better idea than I do of what is going on and who should die.

If you can't trust the elders who can you trust?
edit on 13-4-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

facepalm at how ridiculous you really are

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
no

second line.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I would probably cross the lines and go over to the other side

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You bet I would fight, while America has its own problems it will always still be my home and I will defend it to the death. Not to sound too forward here, but if I had a choice to live anywhere else on the globe I wouldn't move a muscle. Developed or not...

Take your tinfoil hats off for the flag, if even for only a minute and just be proud and thankful for your culture and who you are. We *are* the greatest country in the world!

Semper Fi

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

"What if there was a war,
and nobody came."

Well the other side would win.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I served in the military for four years so I'm screwed if a draft starts. If I did have a choice then no I would not unless I thought it was right to go and fight. If a draft does happen idk yet if I will run. I guess I could try

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel." Samuel Johnson

Speaking as a veteran of Desert Storm. I have grown much since those early days in my life. Nothing is worth going to war for. Nothing. This idea that we are different must fade into the arms of Universalism. Stop paying taxes that support wars. Stop being the meat in the proverbial grinder. There is a better way. No, I would not go to war or want anyone to.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No because I'm a 34 year old mother of 5 kids ages 20 months, 3, 5, 7, and 8 years old. Who would take care of them? Even if my husband wasn't drafted with me, he needs to work.

My grandfather was a Marine who fought in WWII, and the Korean War. He has a purple heart. My dad was an MP and technician in the Army during the Vietnam War. He enlisted though and my grandfather made sure he never went over to Vietnam.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, since i dont believe in the whole "TPTB" thing, i would fight if my country was being invaded by a foreign, hostile force.

I would rather die than live as a slave.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

this is what i think about wars, especially the part where he says 'if you don't believe that culture is not your friend, then ask the person who is sent to the other side of the world to murder strangers if culture is his friend."

i'd just straight up refuse to murder strangers for some wack-job control freak i dont even know. that is essentially what war is. and it only works when people cooperate and VOLUNTARILY allow these control freaks DOMINION over them. they don't control you. you don't have to murder your fellow man for someone elses agenda. don't let them use you like some mindless pawn under the guise of romantic heroism.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The only way I would fight is if the fight come to my homeland and I was forced to defend my country. Apart from that I would not die for the people running my country right now.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyCasual
I would never shy from an opportunity to defend my country. However, prior to waging war against my oppressors I would darn sure need some proof that we were actually being attacked!

Put it this way, I will happily shoot at anyone (individual, terrorist faction OR invading army) who is in my house, yard, city, state or country trying to take from me that which rightfully belongs to me, whether it be freedom, property or person. I would NOT go charging into ANOTHER person's house/city/country to preemptively attack them. I think what we need is bigger defense...NOT more offense.

Bring the troops home!

This is precisely how I feel.

I am a Canadian and I want our troops back home, too. I'm not convinced that our role is truly that of "peacekeeper" any longer.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join