It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon rethinking U.S. exit from Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
www.azcentral.com...

WASHINGTON - Eight months shy of its deadline for pulling the last American soldier from Iraq and closing the door on an eight-year war, the Pentagon is having second thoughts.

Reluctant to say it publicly, officials fear a final pullout in December could create a security vacuum, offering an opportunity for power grabs by antagonists in an unresolved and simmering Arab-Kurd dispute, a weakened but still active al-Qaida or even an adventurous neighbor such as Iran.

Oh great.....How long to they plan to stay now? Well heres what Defense Secretary Robert Gates said

"It just depends on what the Iraqis want and what we're able to provide and afford," Gates said Thursday at a U.S. base in the northern city of Mosul where U.S. soldiers advise and mentor Iraqi forces. He said the U.S. would consider a range of possibilities, from staying an extra couple of years to remaining in Iraq as permanent partners.

Just a few years.....or forever.....

3 years or forever? Ah, those numbers are so close to eachother, who cares anymore right?

Bombs are still going off in Iraq. A few of our soldiers have been killed there in the past few weeks. Protests going on there. I just dont know anymore..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Forget about Iraq, pay attention to Japan and Libya now!

Oh wait....

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
grrrrrrrr....just more of the old

Wonder how long before Iran or Syria come into play......visible play that is

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As the Indians tell it
Columbus is rumored to have said:
"The US soldiers were only supposed to stay until democracy was set up"
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
who cares about iraq. only 4,765 troops have died there.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
-joy-
*sigh*
I knew this going into it. Just like Japan, Germany, Bosnia . . . . we'll be there forever.

*shakes fist in frustration

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eugenius
who cares about iraq. only 4,765 troops have died there.

Don't forget about the 1,400 plus in "boogey man country"

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There was never any intention of leaving. Just a gradual wearing down of our resolve and then announce it. It has officially become a US Territory and sadly there are those that will agree with any and all actions that Washington will enforce World Wide in the future.

In this day and age, how can people stand by and allow a NAZI agenda to gain momentum? From the encroaching Police State on US soil, to a forceful occupation of another people?

The US has pressed their luck too far this time in thinking there will be no repercussions and this is why I believe they are attempting to set up a North American defense system to include Canada. This was their plan from the start and the Middle East will strike back.

They are gambling not only with the lives of the Iraqis, but with ours as well.

Criminals

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I cant help but wonder, how is this going to come back on us? How much hate have we spread and will continue to spread in just Iraq, not to mention Afghanistan and now Libya? Its like a lottery machine. Pick one war and watch how much hate is spread.

Imperialism anyone? Whos going to be the ones that get hit when this come back to us? We (the people) will be the ones that get hit because of our governments actions.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They are not going to pull out of Iraq EVER. They have no intention to. We still have bases in Germany after HOW MANY YEARS since the end of World War 2? Why the HELL does my country still have military bases in Germany? Why the HELL does my country still have bases in Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom?
CUBA HELLO?!?!?!?!?!? WHY?

They have no intention of pulling out of Iraq EVER! Those bases are permanent. You know it, they know it. My god just look at this list of bases and tell me that we seriously have any plans to pull U.S. troops out of that country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Look at this map of countries with a permanent U.S. presence in them.

upload.wikimedia.org...

IT IS NEARLY HALF THE GLOBE! And you wonder why our debt. is Trillions upon trillions upon trillions of dollars? If we closed down our world military bases we would be solvent overnight.

Captain freaking America saving the world at the cost of our entire country collapsing economically. Awesome. Totally awesome. I hope it was worth it. I hope it was worth the last 225 years of effort, struggle and American sacrifice and throwing it away in order to try and save the planet and shape it to our will. I seriously do because we all have given everything that we had for this global mission. If there is a result from it I hope that it was worth it. We are gone. America is gone. We are done for. We are to collapse financially any day now. I hope it was worth it. I seriously do.

I hope that something amazing came out of it like contact with an alliance of extraterrestrials, or some technology that saved the planet from a meteorite. If not then you might as well flush the entire history of America into the toilet because that is where we are at. We gave everything to police the globe and to control it. Now we are done. Game over man game over. Good game no rematch. Let us hope that what we sacrificed was not in vain and that when America disappears it leaves behind something great to show for everything that we did here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Department of Veterans Affairs Reports 73 Thousand U.S. Gulf War Deaths

www.veteranstoday.com...

lets talk truth for a change

all told the death toll from DU and toxic waste and all the other components of gulf war syndrom is HUMONGOUS

not to mention the astounding amount of suicides amoungst USA vets.
oh, and then there are the Vets that shoot themselves in front of the VA office because they can't get medical attention...

oh yeah and no
WMDs
exept (DU) the ones used by the US
on the US troops

the US needs troops in Iraq just in case the price of Gas falls,
because falling gas prices would cause the US economy to recover...
and we can't have any of that nonsense.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join