It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could cause eye site to be distorted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
My mom works as a masseuse and she has had several clients tell her that their eye site is starting to distort. My mom and sister say their eyes are distorting things as well. My mom thinks that something might be going on because all the people that have complained about it to her. What can cause this?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

are these massage clients office workers & executives that work hard long hours and are stressed out? maybe its just part of being over-worked. or maybe they have neglected to see their optometrist regularly.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Very strange.
What kind of environment does your mother work in as a masseuse? For instance does she work in a clinic setting where clients come to her or does she travel for the convenience of her clients. If she works in a clinic setting it could be a mold of some kind. Unfortunately something like distorted vision could be associated to many things and unless your Mother and Sister go to the doctor (which I suggest) and make sure it's not something that could be going around like a virus or bacteria.

Take care and best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'd say that you need eye exercises. Here is a pdf that can help you called "Perfect Eyes" The link is: www....(nolink)/?52nmat2t9kfmo5w

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I'd say that you need eye exercises. Here is a pdf that can help you called "Perfect Eyes" The link is: www....(nolink)/?52nmat2t9kfmo5w

Thanks for the link!
I'm going to have to try this, great information.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Your gonna need a better explanation than just distort. How are objects distorted? Blurry, distorted vertically, horizontally, problems with depth perception? Any pain involved? Dizziness?

A list of all chemicals, medicines, or any type of substance used in your mothers work area would be nice too.
edit on 13-4-2011 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would encourage anyone with adverse eye sight to seek medical help. I am also wondering what is meant by distortion? Some people see things called floaters. Occasionally I used to see distorted vision due to some temporary condition I don't know how to describe it except a moving area of vision that seems to start near a corner of my eye and it gets all wavy and distorted so that I can't see clearly there. Then it can migrate a little. I never worried about it because it only lasted a few minutes out of a year or longer and cleared up.

Then occasionally I see distortions in the air that I do not believe others are seeing. I've seen ripples in the air around thrown objects. The other day I thought I saw distortions in the air while traffic was moving around the intersection. I did not know what I was seeing. My eyes felt fine. With old computer monitors, I used to see them flicker while I was eating. I just don't recall if I still see the flicker while eating with the new monitors. The word distortion can mean a lot of different things to different people.
edit on 13/4/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrChuck
Your gonna need a better explanation than just distort. How are objects distorted? Blurry, distorted vertically, horizontally, problems with depth perception? Any pain involved? Dizziness?

A list of all chemicals, medicines, or any type of substance used in your mothers work area would be nice too.

^^What he said, and probably some sort of a time frame would also be pertinent.

Was it gradual over the course of a year; Was it gradual, but within the last few weeks; Did it seem to just suddenly change overnight and was noticed when waking; Was it the same for all those who have been mentioned??? etc.etc.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Could be an ocular migraine. About two months ago, I was doing the dishes after dinner when I suddenly noticed the vision in my right eye was strange. In my upper right hand field of vision, it seemed as if I was looking out from a broken window, kind of what a broken window would look like if a baseball came through it and left the window intact except for a jagged round hole. And the edges of the hole were kind of sparkly like a diamond. It didn't hurt or anything, but my eye did feel kind of funny, almost a little bit numb. As I stood there, the distortion began to widen and move more into the center of my vision. And then, it suddenly stopped and my vision was normal again. The whole episode lasted for less than 20 minutes.

I quickly got online to try to figure out what had happened and I found a site that described to a "T" what my symptoms had been. It even has an animated pic of what an ocular migraine looks like. Here it is:

www.allaboutvision.com...

Unlike garden variety migraines which are almost always accompanied by pain and often are accompanied by visual disturbances like seeing spots, an ocular migraine usually does not include pain. Fascinating! Though I rarely get regular migraines, I have had maybe 2 or 3 in my life, but I have never had an ocular one before, and I haven't had one since that first ocular one. As far as what triggered my ocular migraine, my theory is that the strong cup of coffee I had just drank and the narcotic painkiller I had just taken for the kidney infection I had at the time interacted with each other and caused the ocular migraine. There are people who frequently get ocular migraines and I can't imagine what a hassle that must be! It would hamper driving, computer use, reading, and a host of other things! Glad it seems to have been a one-time thing for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have also noticed distorted vision lately. Mostly I notice that illuminated objects at night, especially signs, are hard to read. Things just generally seem to be blurry mostly at very long distances. The problem has come and gone over the past few months, but the other night I noticed the problem was gone completely. I don't know what the deal is, but I've heard hyperglycemia can cause distortion of the retina. I read an article recently that said that the caffeine (which I am addicted to) can cause hyperglycemia even in otherwise healthy individuals, so the widespread use of energy drinks to work long hours on little food could be the cause. Ask your clients if they have been drinking a lot of caffeinated beverages.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
What are the ages of these people?

Is it possible that they're just getting a bit older and undergoing normal changes in eye sight as a result?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

orionthehunter, you wrote "With old computer monitors, I used to see them flicker while I was eating. I just don't recall if I still see the flicker while eating with the new monitors." That strikes me as very interesting. Makes me wonder if the use of your jaw/facial muscles as you masticated caused the distortion. But that is a neat observation, one I've not heard before.

If you have the opportunity to snack in front of a new monitor I hope you post about it. You're right, there are all sorts of distortion people can experience. Knew someone that always stressed how important interior illumination is and how much it can affect you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Could be from; symptoms of stress, being tired, unbalanced diet, seasonal colds, job/ recreational injuries,vitamin deficiency, un diagnosed bad eye site or even a combo of those. I dunno if it's occurring now more than usual, but might be because of spring/rainy seasons/etc.
edit on 17-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

top topics

join