It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The power of change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The power of change can often been seen differently by many... Sometimes change is welcome and other times its despised. What is it about change, that makes it so easy for others to accept and yet others to deny?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Change ain't nothin' but a broken dollar bill.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
What is it about change, that makes it so easy for others to accept and yet others to deny?

It is quiet easy really, for those who are dissatisfied change quiet simply is attractive as it removes the mundane and unjust out of the way (partially). Those who frown upon change are generally, people who love to hold control. That doesn’t mean that what they gain out of non-change is great, only that they see the alternative as terrible. Those that despise change probably hold a deep fear inside (not without reason most of the time) It’s the same always with extremes, no change is bad and too much isn’t much good either. So when you look at the universe, change is always around the corner one way or another.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Change ain't nothin' but a broken dollar bill.

Thats cute but an answer to the question..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
What is it about change, that makes it so easy for others to accept and yet others to deny?

It is quiet easy really, for those who are dissatisfied change quiet simply is attractive as it removes the mundane and unjust out of the way (partially). Those who frown upon change are generally, people who love to hold control. That doesn’t mean that what they gain out of non-change is great, only that they see the alternative as terrible. Those that despise change probably hold a deep fear inside (not without reason most of the time) It’s the same always with extremes, no change is bad and too much isn’t much good either. So when you look at the universe, change is always around the corner one way or another.

I myself like change i think the world would be very boreing without it and i wonder if alot don't like it because of fear..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

What is eternal never changes,
what is not only changes.-Adi Da

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Change is enevitable but it does'nt have to be scary. Those who do fear it are in denial. It is change which helps us grow as people whether its a change for the good or bad. It makes us stronger. Theres been times in my life when ive had to make changes because i felt like i was on some merry go round. Doing the same crap day in day out. You just need to learn to adapt.

Theres a quote i like to use although i forget who said. Its something along the lines of "Problems are just oppotunitys in disguise" Learn to find the good in any situation and you'll be fine.
edit on 12/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Very nice videos i liked the second one ..thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Change is enevitable but it does'nt have to be scary. Those who do fear it are in denial. It is change which helps us grow as people whether its a change for the good or bad. It makes us stronger. Theres been times in my life when ive had to make changes because i felt like i was on some merry go round. Doing the same crap day in day out. You just need to learn to adapt.

Theres a quote i like to use although i forget who said. Its something along the lines of "Problems are just oppotunitys in disguise" Learn to find the good in any situation and you'll be fine.
edit on 12/4/11 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

I know that change has made me stronger in some ways..But i see people all around me that like things just the way there life is but talk like they hate it but still never do anything about there situation makes no sense to me..I say make a change even a small one would help..

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The only problem with the word "change" is that it implies something that is "different from" or "better than" that which went before, and therefore contains imbedded within itself it's own undoing, particularly if we factor into the change equation Carl Jung's addage that "what we resist, persists"..

Therefore I always "change" the word change to transformation, which implies something novel arising in the space of nothing-everything or the domain of infinite possiblity, more of a chosen future really, than any sort of "change" relative to the past or something we are wanting to avoid or escape from. Transformation as liberation, where we can recognize, even in the word "change" the implicit notion of attempting to "fix" something, or make it "better" but only relative to what we do not want. Change then in this way is a form of dualism because the good can only be good, not because it isn't bad, but for it's own goodness' sake, or it cannot be truly enjoyed wholeheartedly and with unbridled "enthusiasm", a word who's etimology means "God filled".

Happy then is the man who does not have the need for change, but who smiles instead with the humor of self acceptance, feeling appreciation for what is, and eagerness for what is to come.

What we need to do, is to re-cognize the past, from the future, in the present, with good natured humor. Adi Da Samraj did understand this very clearly, and it's a rather simple leap of reason, to move instead of, from past, to present to future, to the reverse arrow, and from doing, and having IN ORDER TO, BE someTHING, but rather to simply be who and what we are ALREADY, and then from the being, have and do, with acceptance and therefore with equanimity. It's absurd in it's simplicity, and yet so hard for us to fathom or to "grok" most fully, given the way we've been trained to think and act. The joke's on us I guess!

Not to put "change" down or anything or make it "wrong" somehow! lol

Transformation, novelty, CREATIVITY, with good humor, however, can be differentiated in effect on the back of change, so thanks change, for pointing the way to transformation, and ultimately, to fun.

edit on 13-4-2011 by NewAgeMan because: change

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yeah! we all know people like that lol. I think its the changes that are unexpected that make you stronger. Like suddenly finding out you GF is pregnant or losing everything you own in a house fire. I think its the fear of the unknown which keeps people in their comfort zone, but its a catch 22. How do you know if you can handle something unless you put your self in that situation or give something a try.

I think some people need someone to show them the way. Im always trying to get my friends to do stuff, like hitch hiking to Scotland and camping out for a few days. Stuff like that. Trying to get them to avoid thinking of the possible consequences and just do it for the experience. its like drawing blood from a stone. They always say, well if you want to do it then go by yourself. Missing the point of what im trying to do completely. Get them to step out of there comfort zone. Its annoying lol, but what can you do?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The only problem with the word "change" is that it implies something that is "different from" or "better than" that which went before, and therefore contains imbedded within itself it's own undoing, particularly if we factor into the change equation Carl Jung's addage that "what we resist, persists"..

Therefore I always "change" the word change to transformation, which implies something novel arising in the space of nothing-everything or the domain of infinite possiblity, more of a chosen future really, than any sort of "change" relative to the past or something we are wanting to avoid or escape from. Transformation as liberation, where we can recognize, even in the word "change" the implicit notion of attempting to "fix" something, or make it "better" but only relative to what we do not want. Change then in this way is a form of dualism, but the good can only be good, not because it isn't bad, but for it's own goodness' sake, or it cannot be truly enjoyed wholeheartedly and with unbridled "enthusiasm", a word who's etimology means "God filled".

Happy then is the man who does not have the need for change, but who smiles instead with the humor of self acceptance, feeling appreciation for what is, and eagerness for what is to come.

What we need to do, is to re-cognize the past, from the future, in the present, with good natured humor. Adi Da Samraj did understand this very clearly, and it's a rather simple leap of reason, to move instead of, from past, to present to future, to the reverse arrow, and from doing, and having IN ORDER TO, BE someTHING, but rather to simply be who and what we are ALREADY, and then from the being, have and do, with acceptance and therefore with equanimity. It's absurd in it's simplicity, and yet so hard for us to fathom or to "grok" most fully, given the way we've been trained to think and act. The joke's on us I guess!

Transformation, novelty, CREATIVITY, with good humor, however, can be differentiated in effect on the back of change, so thanks change, for pointing the way to transformation, and ultimately, to fun.

"What we resist, persist's" reminds me of a song lyric that ive found to be true. "What we fear is what we find"

Its almost as though something beyond us is testing us somehow or at least encouraging us to face things head on instead of running away. I like the idea of, by changing the way you present something you also alter the perception surrounding it. Its something i'll try playing around with in future.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Therefore I always "change" the word change to transformation, which implies something novel arising in the space of nothing-everything or the domain of infinite possiblity, more of a chosen future really, than any sort of "change" relative to the past or something we are wanting to avoid or escape from. Transformation as liberation, where we can recognize, even in the word "change" the implicit notion of attempting to "fix" something, or make it "better" but only relative to what we do not want. Change then in this way is a form of dualism because the good can only be good, not because it isn't bad, but for it's own goodness' sake, or it cannot be truly enjoyed wholeheartedly and with unbridled "enthusiasm", a word who's etimology means "God filled".

what a good post i never thought of change that way but its true..Transformation, novelty, CREATIVITY, with good humor, however, can be differentiated in effect on the back of change, so thanks change, for pointing the way to transformation, and ultimately, to fun Thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

After all has been said maybe the saying is wrong, " A change is better than a rest " Change is always transformation and RIP would kind of be eternal.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Now this is a very good topic! Thanks for posting this!

Im actually one of those who fear change. I always have. I stayed in a very bad situation for years even thought I knew changing it would make me happier, I grew comfortable and thought if I changed the situation I would fail. I guess change to some, and what scares them, is the "what if's". What if I fail at this, what if im not good at my new job, what if I move and cant afford the bills on my own, ect.

But I took a huge step for once in my life a few months ago and moved out and got a job and was completely dependent on myself. I feared it so much because I didnt believe in myself, but I did it, and it made me feel so much better knowing all those "what if's." werent so scary after all and that I was fine and change is okay.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Now this is a very good topic! Thanks for posting this!

Im actually one of those who fear change. I always have. I stayed in a very bad situation for years even thought I knew changing it would make me happier, I grew comfortable and thought if I changed the situation I would fail. I guess change to some, and what scares them, is the "what if's". What if I fail at this, what if im not good at my new job, what if I move and cant afford the bills on my own, ect.

But I took a huge step for once in my life a few months ago and moved out and got a job and was completely dependent on myself. I feared it so much because I didnt believe in myself, but I did it, and it made me feel so much better knowing all those "what if's." werent so scary after all and that I was fine and change is okay.

Hi Jess
I'm glad you liked the topic i thought it was a interesting thread..I'm one of those that like change but yes there is always that edge of fear of doing something different of stepping out into the unknown..
Ive always had that fear of failing also like am i doing the right thing will i be able to do this with out falling on my face or am i doing the right thing and what will people think..
I'm glad you took that huge step and everything worked out that took alot of courage and yes you did it and change wasn't so scary in the end

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

After all has been said maybe the saying is wrong, " A change is better than a rest " Change is always transformation and RIP would kind of be eternal.

lol thats a good one thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Humanity is chaos.
Chaos is change.
Change is growth.
Without the catalyst of change we don't just stagnate, we regress.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
Humanity is chaos.
Chaos is change.
Change is growth.
Without the catalyst of change we don't just stagnate, we regress.

Thats true very well said

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Thank you for that.
This is something I've always felt. I believe to experience this is the reason we exist as humans in this place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join