It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kingdom and China to sign nuclear cooperation pact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Kingdom and China to sign nuclear cooperation pact

arabnews.com

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia on Monday announced its plan to sign a nuclear cooperation agreement with China. The Cabinet said it has authorized Hashim Yamani, president of the King Abdullah City for Nuclear and Renewable Energy, to hold talks with Chinese officials to reach a deal for peaceful use of atomic energy.

The new move comes after the Kingdom signed its first ever nuclear treaty with France in February. Yamani, who signed that agreement, said it would pave the way for the Kingdom's long-term plans to build power stations utilizing alternative energy sources to produce electricity and wat
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So now Saudi Arabia wants nuclear energy? Seems with whats going on in Japan all nations would think twice about nuclear energy. But Saudi Arabia signs a treaty with France then runs to China to get its nuclear know how. Even in the comments on this page at the bottom.

ABDUL

Apr 12, 2011 15:32

Report abuse The Kingdom has the Nuclear energy, that is Islam, along with what Allah has blessed (oil) and still have no physical power nor influence in the Muslim world. I always ask myself, Imagine the companions of our beloved profit had what Saudi has today, wealth and manpower? they definitely would've have ruled the globe with the support of Allah.

SUHAIL AKHTAR

Apr 12, 2011 15:43

Report abuse Well this is a really good thing. This will also help in building strong relations with Pakistan also becuz Pakistan is also using the Chines Nuclear Technology for its Power Plants. Long Live the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Long Live China and Long Live Pakistan.. Ameeen... I alway wish that All Muslims should unit and make common friends and Friends like China will never hit you from Behind.

I some how feel this is a problem. Don't forget most 911 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia. Should they be trusted with nuclear energy?

arabnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-4-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Top White House aide delivers Obama letter to Saudi king
A top White House aide delivered a personal letter from President Obama to Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah on Tuesday, as the administration moved to calm tensions between the two countries over how to respond to upheaval in the Arab world and deal with their mutual adversary in Iran.

The hastily arranged visit to the kingdom by national security adviser Thomas E. Donilon came less than a week after Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates made the same trip. While administration officials confirmed the delivery of Obama’s missive, they declined to specify its contents.

Neither government denies that there has been a divergence of views between the entrenched, conservative monarchy and the administration, which is struggling to balance its substantial interests and alliances in the region with its desire to see democratic reforms.

So could this "hastily arranged visit" be a nuclear talk with Saudi Arabia.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To be honest, whats going on in Japan doesnt make me think about nuclear energy any different. It is absolutely perfect, aslong as it is used in the correct locations.

It does not surprise me that other nation want to have nuclear energy, after all, arent we, the ones in the west, the ones with the most nuclear fuel, using all of the easts energy sources which they could be using themselves........

Yet we complain???

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

saudi arabia gets nuclear power and has a japan type event or worse and then we can all say goodbye to one of the worlds foremost financers of islamic terrorism.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ToasterOverkill

Saudi Arabia can't even defend there own country without the US being there.

www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

China, Saudi Arabia Broaden Ties Under U.S. Security Umbrella
Steve Yetiv | 06 Apr 2011
Briefing
The United States spends around $40 billion to $50 billion per year to protect the free flow of oil from the Persian Gulf to the global economy, more than the entire defense budgets of all but a few countries. China, by comparison, spends virtually nothing on Gulf security, while pursuing its strategy of building political and economic relations with oil-rich countries in order to secure oil for its growing economy. This is nowhere more apparent than in China's relations with Saudi Arabia, the world's biggest oil power.

Beijing's focus on the Persian Gulf began in earnest in 1978, when it implemented the "Reform and Opening Up" policy, aimed at modernizing the Chinese economy. The policy's objectives made secure access to Middle East oil and good relations with oil-rich countries critical. Saudi Arabia figured prominently into China's plans, and over time, bilateral relations gradually improved. As multiyear data gathered from the Chinese Customs Statistical Yearbook shows, Sino-Saudi trade grew 6,000-fold from 1978-2003. ...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToasterOverkill
To be honest, whats going on in Japan doesnt make me think about nuclear energy any different. It is absolutely perfect, aslong as it is used in the correct locations.

It does not surprise me that other nation want to have nuclear energy, after all, arent we, the ones in the west, the ones with the most nuclear fuel, using all of the easts energy sources which they could be using themselves........

Yet we complain???

Your a an idiot. Sorry for the ad-hominid but that is just being blunt. Pouring tons of plutonium polluted water in the Pacific Ocean. YOUR NUMBER ONE FOOD SOURCE for ALL THAT IS FISH. You decide. Oily / Chemical Corexit fish or Nuclear fish. What's your pick? Your perfectly fine with it? Let's see if you say that same thing when your growing a third ball on your kneecap. Or when your next of kin gets some form of radiation poisoning or worse. The problem with humanity is people like you don't learn. And continue to eat the # your fed on a daily basis. Nuclear energy not only destroys all forms of life in its path. It consumes and alters it to have the cells within the organism turn on itself to destroy itself. That's called Self Destruction also known as suicide. Get a clue. I am not Pro or Con Nuclear. I am #ing PRO HUMANITY. You live on a spaceship that is so precious it allows you to have an experience. A Physical Experience. What the hell could be more special than that? This is common sense. Look inside yourself and find the damn truth.

I really do feel like I am in some sort of Matrix film where people are so arrogant and consensual to the # they are fed they believe its real. You are not a robot. You have a soul. You are a piece of a greater experience. Your a shard of the mirror.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by JBA2848

saudi arabia gets nuclear power and has a japan type event or worse and then we can all say goodbye to one of the worlds foremost financers of islamic terrorism.

In a different perspective we can say good bye to America's most powerful puppet regime in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
That might make starting these uprisings in the Middle East a little more complicated now. I think most of those countries would rather side with China than the US. Lindsay Williams recently stated something in regards to a double cross for Saudi Arabia, leaving them holding our paper. We have been pissing in the wrong back yard for the last ten years and have created a lot of enemies.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thank you good sir.

But i would like to point out the healthy people of the surrounding area of Chernobyl, whom, after 25 years continue to live comfortably.

The places most affected by the Chernobyl pollution (Belarus/Poland/Ukraine/Russia/Baltic Nations) are as healthy and live just as long as anyone in the USA, without, contrary to your beliefs, growing a third testicle!!!! Amazing i know!

Also, for further education and the fact that alot of you are scaremongered, there are places in the UK (where i live) which are still closed due to radiation from Chernobyl, yet this radiation, has not killed me even in the slightest, even if it is metres away!!!!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ToasterOverkill

Let me know how that caviar tastes in a year.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So what are they up to?

www.thejakartapost.com...

Indonesia, Saudi Arabia agree on defense cooperation
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Wed, 04/13/2011 10:18 AM | World A | A | A |
Indonesia and Saudi Arabia have agreed to work together on defense, agreeing to cooperation in defense-related education and training, personnel exchange and developing defense industries in both countries.

Indonesian Deputy Defense Minister Lt. Gen. Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin and Prince Khalid bin Sultan of Saudi Arabia made the agreement during Sjafrie’s visit to Saudi Arabia.

“Both parties will soon form a working group or military joint committee that will be tasked to identify areas of cooperation,” a press release from the ministry said, as reported by tempointeraktif.com.

The first meeting will be held in June and a memorandum of understanding is expected to be signed in December.

www.sunanews.net...

Riyadh, April 12 (SUNA) – Deputy General Director and Inspector General of Sudan Police Forces, Gen. (Dr.) Adil Al-Ajeb, discussed Monday with the General Director of the Civil Defence of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Gen. Sa'ad Al-Tuwaigari, in Riyadh means of boosting the bilateral cooperation between the two countries, particularly in domains of Civil DefenceGen. (Dr.) Adil Al-Ajeb expressed his gratitude to the Government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz, and the Crown Prince and the 2nd Deputy over the warm welcome and hospitality and valued the keenness of the leaderships of the Saudi security authorities to boost the cooperation with the Sudanese forces, particularly in domains of civil defenceThe General Director of the Saudi Civil Defence Gen. Sa'ad Al-Tuwaigari, on his part, welcomed the delegation of the Sudanese police forces and said the meeting reflects the good relations linking the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Sudan, at the official and popular levels, underlining the importance of promoting the cooperation and exchanging expertise between the security authorities in the two sisterly StatesIt is to be noted that the Sudanese delegation visited the Civil Defence Air Base in Riyadh to get acquainted with the preparations of the Saudi civil defence air fleet to do all the work of rescue, evacuation, first aid and fire extinguishing. MFBack

www.upi.com...

Saudis seek navy buildup to face Iran
Published: April 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, April 12 (UPI) -- Saudi Arabia has recently shown interest in medium-sized U.S. warships as part of its naval buildup to counter Iran, particularly surface vessels capable of countering asymmetric and air threats.

This is a key element in Riyadh's program known as Saudi Naval Expansion Program II, worth as much as $23 billion over 10 years, which saw the light of day after the 1990-91 Gulf War triggered by Iraq's conquest of Kuwait.

The U.S. Navy disclosed April 8 that Riyadh's Ministry of Defense and Aviation had asked Washington for surface warships with integrated air and missile defenses, helicopters, patrol craft and base infrastructure, such as hardened command centers, docks and training facilities.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Sorry could only give you one star for that....pity
well said!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Saudi wants nukes because Iran wants nukes. Shia versus Sunni.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Surely nuclear reactors are a bad idea anywhere on earth, but this will not do anything but become another excuse for military action down the road against them. Or like others have eluded make it easier for others in the ME to get thier hands on nuclear materials. Which would lead to military action against them.

new topics

top topics

join