It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal thoughts on the TSA screening procedures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I haven't been on an airplane in a few years, so when I would travel with my family (even some time after the events of 9/11) the security sections weren't (so) retarded. My dad would usually get stopped at the metal detector. But I guess that's what you get for having the body he has (metal plate and screws in his wrist section from a surgery and sometimes wears a knee brace). Letting others look at my personal belongings isn't a big deal, especially since I'm doing nothing wrong. But if they want to look at my "stuff" then we're going to have some issues.

Firstly, do you have a warrant? Oh, you're not a police officer? Well then, I think I will be on my way then.

Oh, you're going to try and arrest me? For what, Resisting Sexual Harassment? If you wanna see that none of us have anything bad, just make us walk around the airports naked for crying out loud. Our security obviously means more than our privacy.

And if you can't catch criminals without this ludicrous security, then you have a problem, because I'm pretty sure post and pre 9/11 we never really had any issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe they're more interested in the junk in your trunk, not the junk in your pants.
I've flown so many times in the past year I'm surprised they don't ask me how I am when they see me, in fact they hardly ever talk at all. I did think it was funny that I had to take a 3 lb dog out of her carrier, prove to them that she could do a 360 in the carrier. But I suppose that's less of a "security" measure and more of a "make sure the dog is comfortable so she'll shut the heck up during the flight" issue.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I flew 6 times within 2 months and was never subjected to a pat down. Do people think that the only way to get on a plane is to get a pat down?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Ive had a couple run ins with the TSA as well.

I was on my way to Arkansas, and I forgot my photo ID, so they had to call like the CIA or some crazy thing and have them ask me a bunch of questions, like what is my moms maiden name and what are the names of some of my neighbors. Only one problem, I can't talk very well I have a stutter. So it takes me like an hour to finally get through security and by then I came very close to missing my plane.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT?!

I didnt have my ID coming HOME from Arkansas, either, ovbiously. So what do I have to do all over again? And a full body search. I hate the TSA. At least hire some hotties to do the searching, dang!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Isn't it though? Those terrible TSA people have to get their rocks off somehow.
For the record, I never have gotten searched either. I have also never denied walking through the fancy metal arches, and if anyone tells me I got radiated from it, well...over the past few months I've gotten over 100 mCi of I-131 radioiodine(at a time) put in my body for cancer treatment...airport screeners got nothing on me.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I generally just show up to the airport in tighty whities anyway no one bothers much with me

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Myself, wife and 4 yr old daughter flew out of Fargo ND to JFK in NYC over Christmas. On our way back we were never harrassed or had any pat downs done on us flying out of JFK. I was really thinking we were going to get the full treatment in NYC but it was very routine.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xen0m0rpH

I will not fly again until the tsa honors my 4th amendment! We should all boycott flying.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

That's because a pat down is mainly employed if you refuse the metal detector (old school) or that new fangled scanner thingy. I went through the scanners/detectors when I flew therefore, no pat down administered or required.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've flown with my family 4 times this year and haven't been subjected to a pat down. But I have witnessed 2. Yes, it was done in full view of everyone. So not only were the two women subjected to a humiliating, unconstitutional invasion of privacy, it was in full view of anyone that wanted to watch. Stay classy, TSA!

/TOA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

You cant refuse to go through the metal detector. They force you to go through. Thats like saying you can refuse to let your bags get x-rayed.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Check your info friend.

Pat-downs are also given to passengers who opt out of screening by AIT or walk-through metal detectors.

From a TSA Blog. On that note, who the hell knew the TSA had a freaking blog??

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Well hell if you can opt of metal detector than they better pat the person down, however i find it hard to believe that little kids are opting out of the metal detectors.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

You cant refuse to go through the metal detector. They force you to go through. Thats like saying you can refuse to let your bags get x-rayed.

That's one of the subjects that cause a big stink around here...either "subject yourself to radiation" or "subject yourself to a pat down"

If the metal detectors go off, they still wave the magic handheld wand. Magic wand beeps, then you show your pockets, maybe "oh I have my watch in my pocket" and take it out, wand waves again, if it goes off then they do a pat down. Wand doesn't beep, you go about your business.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I *think* they are trying to phase out the walkthrough metal detectors (not the handhelds, as Vanna mentioned), or at least relegate them to a backup type role, and have everyone go through the xray scanner thingy (don't quote me on this though
). If the scanner is refused, the pat down occurs. The scary part for parents is the radiation of the scanner. I think we shouldn't tell them that their kids will be subjected to more radiation during the actual flight than standing in the scanner though. Might lose some business that way, ya know?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Fancy metal arches? You would know it if you had been selected for the backscatter devices. I'm guessing you have not. www.babycenter.com...

This webpage shows a pic of one. epic.org...
edit on 13-4-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't like it because it really DOES look like some kind of slave inspection or training to me.

I am weird though. I do not like to be touched. I let my husband touch me, and my son. That's it. I could live the rest of my life with no other human contact and it would be fine with me.

When people touch me it tends to hurt me. I don't know why but I don't like it.

So, pretty soon I will be a prisoner of my own home I guess. I'm pretty much a hermit now. I wanted to travel for a cruise that's paid for but I will just stay home. I won't go through that.

top topics

join