It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian leaders square off for English debate tonight...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

‎I think Harper handled himself well in what become an all-out "coalition" attack, even tho Layton denied such involvement. Some valid and concerning questions were stated towards Harper regarding the G20, and some delicately avoided; not all of which I agreed with Harpers actions on but he did clear up the Budget issue and the "exact numbers" issue as well and our "jet program", both of which I totally agree.

However in the end when various attacks were made Harper made the most valid points concerning our economic recovery and securing Canada's position on top of the global economy. I hope this time around Canada gives the Conservatives a majority government so we can stop going to the polls every 2.5 years on average... [btw, I'm a Liberal at heart... this is just ridiculous]

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
harper came off too out of character. layton left the biggest impact on me, very prime minister like, I voted harper last time but this time I might try layton (even though the odds are stacked against him)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I dunno man Harpers just as scary as the liberals.
I mean they both do nothing but lie. Harper is building a mega jail system on tax payers backs when crime is lower than ever. Then working on new laws to make more of us criminals... What are the odds whatever side we 'elect' decide to privatize it like the American system after its done?
Way too many of us still in the clouds when it comes to the reality of governments.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would like Ignatieff, why? We cannot have NDP due to there low percentage of votes, trust me, I would pick NDP over Liberals if they had a chance of winning. So... Go Iggy go!!

Down with Bloc!
Down with Conservatives!

I wan't prime ministers, not criminals, just like Layton said!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

HAARPer for the win.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
For those that don't have t.v or subscribe to cable, you can watch it online HERE on CBC.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Harper didn't fix the economy, its going to get alot worse the way i see it, not to mention Harper moves on creating the north American union.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniyal
I would like Ignatieff, why? We cannot have NDP due to there low percentage of votes, trust me, I would pick NDP over Liberals if they had a chance of winning. So... Go Iggy go!!

Down with Bloc!
Down with Conservatives!

I wan't prime ministers, not criminals, just like Layton said!

vote ndp, you might be surprised, if everyone has that thought then we'll be stuck with the same 2 parties forever.
i saw a lot of vote ndp comments on cbc while i was watching it live. layton would be awesome

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Yes, and Harper wanting to build more Fema cam...er jails near army bases seems just too much. Our crime rate does not merit this, nor do we. And he stoically refuses to divulge any information about this. Red flag there for me for sure.

I thought that the Duceppe and Layton exposure of Harper's own signed letter to Clarkson when she was the GG was rather a dead-on accusation. And they both said they remember the conversation in which Harper said he wanted to take over.

I really have a deep feeling that both Harper and Ignatieff have been NWO trained and coached and that isn't good for us. Remember Bill C-36 removes the need for search warrants.

Maybe it's time Layton had his opportunity. I never voted for him before, but am seriously considering it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm going to say the big bad word. You know... the one that's supposed to put the fear of God in Canadians. A word that's supposed to send chills down our spine because it means Hell on Earth will begin in Ottawa when it's uttered.

Coalition

That's right, Canadians... I think there's going to be a coalition to stop a Harper majority from happening.

Best indicator of what's going on daily is the Nanos Research website.

Watch it like a hawk.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah, that's true. Actually Layton has the best comments in the debate, like our voting system is way to stupid... It's not a 'true' democractic process that damn first past the post... Should be who Canadians overall favor most, and if top 2 under 50% than do a re-election of top 2, get the most fair anwser possible. Simple.. Isn't it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Harper was anointed by the builderbergers and lied about it

But this is not the first time the new Conservative prime minister, Stephen Harper, has been part of this elite group of secret world leaders. Harper was photographed at the 2003 meeting in Versailles, France.

www.denverpatriotcommunity.org...

so a majority at this point would be perfect for selling our sovereignty out all together.
good bye Canada

PS
no matter who gets elected thats the plan
the election is just cover
automatic for the sheeple
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think Jack Leyton was the absolute clear winner in this debate, period.

Best parts of the whole evening were (1) the look on Stephen Harper's face when Leyton asked him directly to explain why he had the most privatization of the health care system in history and (2) the comment, again from Leyton "Why do we need new prisons? All of the crooks seem so happy in the Senate"

Can't vote NDP, can't vote for Ignatieff, won't vote Bloc.

If Leyton was in charge of Liberals, a definite Winner. However, I'm personal friends with my local Conservative MP, and he's pretty good for us here locally.

I'll probably vote Conservative. Not to support Stephen Harper, but because our local Conservative Candidate is awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I'm going to say the big bad word. You know... the one that's supposed to put the fear of God in Canadians. A word that's supposed to send chills down our spine because it means Hell on Earth will begin in Ottawa when it's uttered.

Coalition

That's right, Canadians... I think there's going to be a coalition to stop a Harper majority from happening.

Best indicator of what's going on daily is the Nanos Research website.

Watch it like a hawk.

Won't happen. Several polls are now showing that Conservatives will probably end up with a clear majority.

It's not a coalition that we're afraid of. There are 2 things Canadians don't like (1) Michael Ignatieff and (2) the idea of yet another Federal election in 6-8 months when the coalition falls apart because Ignatieff goes back on a promise to Jack Leyton (and I'm being VERY generous with the 6-8 month timeline).

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Well put. Anyone else notice the little nuances that Harper used during the debate? and his "gentle" tone? and how he not once looked his opponent in the eyes while talking but rather directly into the camera and thus having a conversation with the people and not the opponents? He only looked to his opponents after he was finished his rebuttal. Harpers a sneaky SOB... remember that controversy over "it's a Harper government" that happened a while ago. He's using every tactic to anchor himself in our subconsciousness.

I've never gone out before to vote but I'm heading out to vote for Layton this time around that. I've met him many times before and he's an all around great guy. My next door neighbors always volunteer to help out his campaign every time elections come around he always comes down to see how everyone is doing.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
Harper was anointed by the builderbergers and lied about it

But this is not the first time the new Conservative prime minister, Stephen Harper, has been part of this elite group of secret world leaders. Harper was photographed at the 2003 meeting in Versailles, France.

www.denverpatriotcommunity.org...

so a majority at this point would be perfect for selling our sovereignty out all together.
good bye Canada

PS
no matter who gets elected thats the plan
the election is just cover
automatic for the sheeple
edit on 13-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

yep but if we all vote green we got a chance its the only party not in the loop yet...

that and legalized weed could help us a lot.

new topics

top topics

join