It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas' Powerful New Weapon Alters Strategic Calculations Along the Gaza Strip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So in this incident, Israel killed 3 members of Hamas, which was verified by Hamas.

Hamas responds by targeting a school bus, and that is verified by Hamas...

Yeah.. roughly the same thing. See my post 4 or so up for the Aljazeera article.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You really think a sophisticated,Russian built, laser guided missile is what did that damage to the bus??

Seriously, you are intelligent..
It appeared to be a clean hit in the rear..
That kind of weapon would have blown that bus to bits..

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by mayabong
How dare they have real weapons to actually fight back, this is a travesty! Only Pringles cans to shoot morter rounds are allowed. Actually second thought Pringles are probably banned in Gaza because they contain food. lol

Fighting back against a school bus? Real fine "men" you support there mayabong.

Again, Israel bombs schools and hospitals with precision technology and you are supposed to believe it was an accident. Yes I guess I do take the side of the oppressed in any situation as do most people.

You will support israel because your bible, therefore any common sense reasoning with a zionist is thrown out the window.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

You really think a sophisticated,Russian built, laser guided missile is what did that damage to the bus??

Seriously, you are intelligent..
It appeared to be a clean hit in the rear..
That kind of weapon would have blown that bus to bits..

Nope, not this time.. Hamas took credit for the attack and the method. You arent going to be able to play this off as it being something that it was not.

Hamas specifically targeted the school bus in retaliation for Israel killing 3 of its members...

Israel targeted a military target...

Hamas targeted a school bus in retaliation.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

How dare they have real weapons to actually fight back, this is a travesty! Only Pringles cans to shoot morter rounds are allowed. Actually second thought Pringles are probably banned in Gaza because they contain food. lol

Fighting back against a school bus? Real fine "men" you support there mayabong.

Again, Israel bombs schools and hospitals with precision technology and you are supposed to believe it was an accident. Yes I guess I do take the side of the oppressed in any situation as do most people.

You will support israel because your bible, therefore any common sense reasoning with a zionist is thrown out the window.

Its hard to not target schools or Hospitals when they are taking fire from them. Hamas, as well as many other groups in the Middle East, routinely use civilian locations that are OFF limits for combat operations in order to drive up the civilian death count. The Hamas terrorists know this, and have no issues using their fellow Gazans as human shields.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Nope, not this time.. Hamas took credit for the attack and the method. You arent going to be able to play this off as it being something that it was not.
Hamas specifically targeted the school bus in retaliation for Israel killing 3 of its members...

Show me where Hamas said it was an anti tank missile..
Show me where the admit they targeted a school bus..

Oh, no Israeli sources please..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Show me where Hamas said it was an anti tank missile..
Show me where the admit they targeted a school bus..

Oh, no Israeli sources please..

I did.. go back on page.. I cited the Aljazeera article..

Aljazeera - Hamas says Gaza ceasefire agreed

Israel source from Aljazeera article.

A projectile - which Israeli military officials said was an anti-tank missile - was fired from the Gaza Strip toward Nahal Oz, near Sa'ad in the Sdot region of southern Israel, damaging a school bus.

Hamas Source from Aljazeera article.

Hamas takes responsibility

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

and as far as your last comment about what an anti tank missile would do to a school bus, care to point out in any article where it specifically gives the name of the anti tank missile used? They vary in power depending on technology, country of origion etc. So until the specific type of anti tank missile comes out, I reject the premis that it should have done more damage.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of the Hamas movement, said it had shot two missiles early in the day, one of which had hit the school bus. The Brigades said the attack came in reponse to Israel's killing of three of its members last week.

So, I see no mention of a laser guided anti tank missile or that they deliberately targeted a school bus..
The crumby rockets Hamas fire are often referred to as missiles..
Check the multiple threads if you don't believe me..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So, I see no mention of a laser guided anti tank missile or that they deliberately targeted a school bus..

/start sarcasm
Of course you dont.. Imagine my surprise.. Even with the information in front of you, with the links, and the cited sources, your still blind to it because it would undermine your argument.

Sad really...
/end sarcasm

I know you are an intelligent person so please quit playing the games, it gets old. The article is from Aljazaeera, it has the Israeli side of the story, as well as the interview of the Hamas spokespoerson who says Hamas launched 2 missiles (NOT rockets, huge difference between the 2) and 1 hit the bus.

A rocket is not guided, a missile is.

What more do you need? Semantics in this case is irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

/start sarcasm
Of course you dont.. Imagine my surprise.. Even with the information in front of you, with the links, and the cited sources, your still blind to it because it would undermine your argument.
Sad really...
/end sarcasm
I know you are an intelligent person so please quit playing the games, it gets old. The article is from Aljazaeera, it has the Israeli side of the story, as well as the interview of the Hamas spokespoerson who says Hamas launched 2 missiles (NOT rockets, huge difference between the 2) and 1 hit the bus.
A rocket is not guided, a missile is.
What more do you need? Semantics in this case is irrelevant.

Seems to me the Israelis are merely at it again..
They are trying to make people believe Hamas has this evil new weapon..
I'm sure they will use that as an excuse to bomb more Palestinians including women and children..

Oddly, if you read further into the article, it is only the Israelis that claim these are new powerful weapons..
They also state more of these anti tank missiles were fired later..

So with all these laser guided anti tank missiles fired all Hamas managed was to hit ones bus, and even then the bus does not look all that damaged???

You believe all the propaganda BS you wish..
I'll believe my eyes and common logic.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked

Small little Israel has some of the most advanced weaponry of the world. I think the main concern here is now Hamas has used a laser guided missiles to attack a civilian target such as this bus.

You're right, this may be a shift now from random rocket attacks to pinpoint strikes on Israel soft targets. The back and forth eye for and eye scenerio we have been seeing maybe heating up more.

My line of thinking was these missiles (not rockets) maybe used against Israel tanks if they tried to roll into Palestine territories while they bulldoze more settlements.

EDIT: @backinblack, you make a very good point about Israel using this to their advantage. Would not surprise me all.
edit on 12-4-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You're arguing over what type of weapon was used on a civilian school bus? Come on. Besides I don't know what type of war head was attached to this laser guided missile. But I do know that when I think of "anti-tank" I think of what we would call a hard target, a bus would be a soft target. Anti tank missiles are designed to pierce armor before exploding. All I'm saying is a .50 cal machine gun does more damage to a light armored vehicle than a pile of sand bags.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

You're arguing over what type of weapon was used on a civilian school bus? Come on.

Yes I am because Israel is making out that Hamas now has advanced weapons..
They will use that as an excuse for more aggressive attacks and I'm sure will also question where they came from and do something about that..

According to Israel, Hamas fired at least four of these laser guided missiles but hit only one bus??
Doesn't ring true as does the lack of damage..

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I don't care what squabble you have over who owns what piece of land- targeting a school bus full of CHILDREN? Really??
Sub-human animals.....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
I'm sorry but I don't care what squabble you have over who owns what piece of land- targeting a school bus full of CHILDREN? Really??
Sub-human animals.....

Totally agree..
Same with targeting a school with phosphorous..
Sub human animals...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by lestweforget
These false flags are just becoming too common, things are really heating up over their and as i have regularly posted of late i believe Israel is infact inciting all the unrest from Egypt to Iran.
They want to be attacked, they want to be the victim!

Uhm.. not a false flag.. Hamas took responsibility for it.. See my post about 4 up.

Hamas you say? That would be the Palestinian Group founded with the help of the MOSSAD to counter the influence of Fattah and Yassar Arafat? That Hamas, the Hamas that is likely infiltrated by the MOSSAD?

Back during the 70's everytime the Euro Terrorists would bomb something or kidnap someone up to half a dozen different radical groups from Badder Mein Hoff to the Red Brigades to Carlos the Jackal would each claim credit even though only one of them could have done it.

If you are going to get blamed for it anyway you might as well use it as a recruitment tool, and let's face it with over 400 children killed by the Israelis in operation Cast Lead 2 years ago there are no shortage of grieving parents in Gaza who sadly likely would like to return the favor.

Of course when Schools are targeted by Israel the kids in them are 'human shields' while the Israeli Children living in illegally occupied Southern Israel are just school children and victims.

This is all propaganda and while it's possible that Hamas really did carry out the attack (though not real likely) the way it's being played up by the Israelis is pure propaganda.

Personally I think if people have to have to have to want to fight they should be equally armed.

By the way the Israelis targeted a School Bus in Lebanon during their latest botched war of agression there killing several students on the bus.

Fortunately this Laser Guided Anti-Tank Weapon used on the bus only caused injuries and apparently only one severe so that's the good news, unless you are in the business of selling that particular brand of laser guided anti-tank missles that can't even seem to take out a school bus very effectively.

If it was Hamas I would want my money back!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Huh.. you ask for a non US or Israeli news source, and I give you Aljazeera.. In the article, Hamas goes on the record as strating they fired 2 missiles, NOT rockets, but missiles, with one hitting the school bus.

I fail to see why you are trying to spin that into something else entirely. They fired the missile, it hit a school bus.

The argument about uillegal occupation is BS and you guys know it. You dont target a bus full of children - period,.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Huh.. you ask for a non US or Israeli news source, and I give you Aljazeera.. In the article, Hamas goes on the record as strating they fired 2 missiles, NOT rockets, but missiles, with one hitting the school bus.
I fail to see why you are trying to spin that into something else entirely. They fired the missile, it hit a school bus.
The argument about uillegal occupation is BS and you guys know it. You dont target a bus full of children - period,.

Hamas never once said it was a laser guided anti tank missile.
You'd think they would be bragging about it if they had acquired them..

And the missile you are talking about has the equivalent of 10kg of TNT..
en.wikipedia.org...

Experts have stated the damage just doesn't fit...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What they in essence claimed is a 'cell' of the armed military wing of Hamas said it fired the missile.

Broken into 'cells' to protect the identity of it's members who are often targeted for assassination by Israeli arial attacks the report on the Hamas Web Site was devoid of the kind of information we might see where "CNN Reports General Petraeus speaking from his Head Quarters in the heavily fortified Afghanistan Green Zone says an American Special Forces attack on troubled Helmand Province yielded no Mayonaise for the second day in a row".

So an anonymous cell calls up Hamas and says we did it, now maybe it was a hamas armed cell, maybe it was a hamas cell infiltrated by the Mossad and the Mossad carried out the attack, or maybe it was just the Mossad posing as a cell member of a Hamas group making the annonymous claim to the Hamas web site.

I can claim I just had sex with the Swedish Bikini Team on my very own Proto had sex with the Swedish Bikini Team Web Site, that in and itself doesn't mean I did, it just means I am claiming I did.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

If that was the case then I doubt the Hamas spokesperson would go on record caliming credit by Hamas for the attack on a school bus. The argument would be put back on the Israelis.

Nice try though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join