It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple UFOs Over Odessa 2011 (Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm guessing balloons as well. Constant speed, same direction, wobbling as they fly.

And if you have ever been hot air ballooning, you'd know that wind speed and direction changes quite a bit as you go up. It can be 20mph in one direction, and then as you rise a bit, it's suddenly going in a different direction and a different speed. Just because there is not much wind in the trees, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of wind 40 feet higher.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

That depends, you do know that the early reports of flying saucers described them skipping through the air like a stone skips on the water don't you? Kenneth Arnold described them in this way and journalists picked up on it and coined the term 'flying saucer'. He didn't describe them as looking like a saucer, but as acting like a saucer skipping across the water. The media picked up on the saucer thing and have perpetuated it. It's funny how the sightings of UFOs have changed over the years. Nowadays triangles and other exotic shapes have taken over.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Is it a coincidence that they were spotted over "Odessa?"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

Originally posted by neowakko
they look too much like chinese lanterns.

notice how they are moving ,but yet their is no wind ? and they are moving quickly

The wind at altitude is often very different than on ground level. To me, this is obviously Chinese lanterns or balloons. I guess this is another classic example of seeing what you want to believe.

--airspoon

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This steam or gas output as someone said just seems to be an increase in the wind at the time of filming, no more, as it continues to fluctuate throughout. If you have ever seen Lanterns during the day then you will know the look quite similar, if not the exactly the same and arent always at their brightest straight away which could possibly be the reason for one appearing out of nowhere at 14 seconds...

Just throwing it out there as my belief

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Come ON GUYS!!

Without a proper explanation as to what this audible " whiff " is (As seen AND HEARD at 0:14 of the video), this will indeed be classified as unidentified....

That dosn't sit well with me as i feel it's quite evident that these objects are floating rather than flying....

Originally posted by OneEleven
One thing i can't figure for myself....

I was ready to say smoke, jiving with the Chinese lantern theory....

But then there is the sound that accompanies the whiff of smoke or gas....

At 0:14, when the object "appears out of nowhere", as the OP stated, or adjusts it's angle, as i have theorized...

The object spins, and there is a trail of gas or smoke....With headphones or good quality speakers, you can even hear the gas or exhaust escape...

There is a hissing sound accompanying the spin....And the gas, smoke, or exhaust actually lends itself to the thought that the object is in fact spinning....

So.......Anyone?

What is this release?

As i am not a video expert, i need help with this one...

I feel like many of the qualified video analysts on ATS have stopped checking the Aliens And UFO Forums because of the overwhelming abundance of GARBAGE that is posted daily....

It's just to much straw to sift through to find a needle now and then...

Anyone?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
they really look like lanterns....the glow....the float....

personally, i've never played with said lanterns.....

do they ' whiff '?

maybe a gaseous release from a hole in the side?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
they really look like lanterns....the glow....the float....

personally, i've never played with said lanterns.....

do they ' whiff '?

maybe a gaseous release from a hole in the side?

Those things are maybe 50 yards up in the air, to hear anything from them you would need a very large hearing aid.... Have you considered the possibility of wind like i suggested before?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToasterOverkill
Those things are maybe 50 yards up in the air, to hear anything from them you would need a very large hearing aid.... Have you considered the possibility of wind like i suggested before?

Considered and dismissed.....

The "Whiff" is clearly audible, and in sync with the spin of the object....It's a release of some sort for certain...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join