It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War crime? U.S. Troops Fire on Iraqi Detainees (Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

I suggest you re watch the video you may notice a couple of odd things. First where are the guard towers located?? Next look at the blast from the grenade we call it percussion grenades or you would see dead soldiers because those soldiers are still in the blast range and you'd see dirt plumes trust me.Don't ever believe a story broke by press TV they'll make up anything.
A "percussion" grenade? When u say we....I'm assuming you're claiming u were or are in the military? If so, then you would know that the blast range for a fragmentation grenade was. I assure you, they are outside of this range.

Wow you seem to be a military expert ever thrown a frag grenade? In case you were unaware fragments can disperse out as far as 250 meters this is why when you throw a frag you Hit the dirt! This is taught even in basic so i assume you were not in the miltary. And next you would know what a frag looks like when it explodes and that video isnt a frag.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
There is a lot in that video that doesn't add up. I see no prisoners, the video is cut and spliced at parts, no burning.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu
There is a lot in that video that doesn't add up. I see no prisoners, the video is cut and spliced at parts, no burning.

Hence the source being PressTV, which is the Iranian State News.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Western news sources are as reliable as PressTV. Don't hesitate to tell me if you disagree.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Right, it doesn't add up because whomever created this video clearly did it with one thing in mind: To get a reaction out of the viewers.

The quick AAR by the training NCO there was the big giveaway here, nevermind the lack of people on the other side of the fence, or the lack of a fire/smoke that might accompany a Quran burning.

Want to say that this isn't even in Iraq but in California (NTC) but not certain on that part.... Clearly though, a training session, even if the soldiers in the video aren't acting very.... trained.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

Western news sources are as reliable as PressTV. Don't hesitate to tell me if you disagree.

I always find this argument intresting... I am more inclined to trust a press source, whether it be Fox, BBC, or even Aljazeera, before I would PressTV.

Western media can run an article blasting the administration with no recourse, where in Iran it can land you in prison. So there is no benefiet to bucking the system by PressTV.

Chinese State tv is the same. They can only run what the Government approves. Stray off course, and its bad joo joo.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

So your argument is that freedom to broadcast "freely", makes the source more reliable?
edit on 13-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

So your argument is that freedom to broadcast what ever you makes the source more reliable?

The ability to research a story and verify facts is what makes a story accurate, as opposed to being forced to put on air whatever the government demands as with Presstv.

As I said before.. Her ein the states you find all kinds of news sources, from the absolutely insane to the credible, and form there you see many of those taking the government, local state or federal, individual congrressmen etc to task. They cover rallies against the government.

Can you tell me the same thing occurs in Iran with the same degree of latitude that occurs in the west?

Foxnews doesnt get shut down when it airs stories that hold the government accountible. Can you say the same thing occurs in Iran?

PressTV - Wikipedia

edit on 13-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

The ability to research a story and verify facts is what makes a story accurate, as opposed to being forced to put on air whatever the government demands as with Presstv.

As I said before.. Her ein the states you find all kinds of news sources, from the absolutely insane to the credible, and form there you see many of those taking the government, local state or federal, individual congrressmen etc to task. They cover rallies against the government.

Can you tell me the same thing occurs in Iran with the same degree of latitude that occurs in the west?

Foxnews doesnt get shut down when it airs stories that hold the government accountible. Can you say the same thing occurs in Iran?

I will repeat, are you suggesting having the "freedom" to broadcast what ever you wish makes the source more reliable?

You said no, well kinda. You kinda said no because you said "The ability to research a story and verify facts is what makes a story accurate". That means having the freedom to "broadcast what ever you want" doesn't make a source reliable, rather research and having the ability to research (hence having reporters to confirm the stories and inside sources etc).

There is no doubt PressTV is biased, meaning they will not report certain issues which are regarded as sensitive by the Iranian regime, but that doesn't make their reporting unreliable, as you admit yourself.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

Oh for the love of God quit playing games please. I have asnwered your question.. a few times now. I explained the difference between western media and Iranian media. All that is left is for you to do your own research and beleive what you want.

Personally, I beleive, based on facts I have seen, that PressTV is the propoganda mouth since it is owned and Run by the Iranain regime, where as Foxnews, BBC, SkyNews, Aljazeera etc is not own by a government.

See the difference? or do we need to keep playing this idiotic game of dueling media outlets?

Tell ya what.. if you want to find out first hand.. get a job with Foxnews, and blog about how bad the US government is.
Then get a job with Presstv and blog about how bad the Iranian government, namely the president and the Shaw , and see what happens to you.

Maybe then you will quit playing this stupid game.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Cath backed his opinion up with facts. Just admit he's right instead of looking like an idiot....
edit on 13-4-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Camp Bucca in 2005? I don't think that is camp Bucca in the video . Apparently there was this large riot at Camp Bucca though. Prisoners made spears out of metal poles hurling them towards the guards in the towers and other guards at there ground posts. it was a full scale riot, not with just a few prisoners. Thats what i heard through the grape vine sort of speak. The guards that fired from the towers used deadly force. The tower guards did not need an order, as the ROE would take precedence in case like this. Camp Bucca was later closed after this event.

The soldiers in OP video firing, are using non lethal ammunition ie .. force control with a Stun grenade.AKA the Flash Bang- M84 and also the MIG44

The OP video shows clearly, it's non lethal force. If that was a real fragment grenade you would see a gaping hole in both buildings. clearly that video is taken out of context. Camp Bucca was operated by U.S. Air Force , I think ? Those guys look like there AF personal. I don't think that is Camp Bucca, looks like some sort of training operation in the U.S.

'

Prison riot shows new U.S. risk in Iraq

"The clashes spread through five of eight compounds at the sprawling Camp Bucca detention facility in the southern Iraqi desert near the Kuwaiti border. Prisoners pelted guards with large stones and makeshift weapons, heaving debris over 15-foot-high metal fences and up at 30-foot-tall guard towers.

Camp Bucca Closed video

edit on 13-4-2011 by SJE98 because: link correction

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

" Western media can run an article blasting the administration with no recourse"

No recourse eh?.. I wonder if Dan Rather would agree... and those fired Fox scribes who investigated Monsanto, but found some "bad for business" truth (it's all on al gores google). Are you seriously unaware of countless stories out there of politicians / staffers et al pressuring reporters / journalists / news outlets?

When you say "no recourse", as in.. not once in America has a reporter/news outlet suffered any "recourse ", like negative consequences, for blasting a presidential administration?

It's totally unheard of??.. lol.. reporters in the USA fear no recourse??.. no loss of advertisers, no retaliation... no loss of access, no getting fired.. none of that?

Wait, don't tell me..the USA, a beacon of purity & goodness, takes freedom of the press seriously!!... US administrations are full of fun loving humble public servant folks..lol... God fearing, honest, and energized by the electric virtue ONLY Americas freedom & justice can generate!! Of course, no administration would ever think of retaliating against the free press of USA!!! USA!!! in any way. (mini vomit in mouth)

Press TV /US MSM "programming" pretty much willingly carry govt water when told to.. "they" spin "The great Satan" as boogie-man.. "we" say, "NO!!!.. you!!! sir!!!! are in-fact a Boogie-man!"

Iran Press TV: "USA is a boogie-man"
US MSM: "Iran is a boogie-man"
Iran Press TV: "USA is a boogie-man"
US MSM: "Iran is a boogie-man"

Maybe this is total manipulated video BS disseminated from Irans PTB to Press TV.. gee, govts do that?.. wow.. what a shock.. good thing the US govt is above faking videos for propaganda (lol)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Another BS anti America video. It's really pathetic And you will have the sheep in masses that believes all this. If that was a live fire event their Sgt would have had them arrested. They would have been surrounded by MP's and the video recording would have stopped and been taken (evidence) maybe? You think that Sgt wants to ruin his career.?
edit on 4/13/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I do not know if this was a training op or not
or whether anybody died, but there is one
thing I can tell about that video.

Those 12-Guage shotguns were firing
rubber slugs.

there is a distinct sound between metal slugs
and rubber slugs exiting a large bore. And this
was rubber slugs. You can tell by the deeper
pitch of the ding.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Actually what I was saying is if the media criticises the Government, they wont be rounded up and imprisoned. Also, Dan Rather ran with a story that was not verified, which cost him his job, which means the truth came out.

Had it been Iran, the mistake never would have been made because the story itself would be coming from the Iranian Government. On the rare off chance it is made, the person would most likely lose more than his job.

The purpose of the media is to mind the peoples business, especially with Government actions. They are not intended to be a mouth piece presenting only the Governments position without question or investigation.As far as western media doing this, I dont see any lost love between Fox and Obama, and I did not see any lost love between MSNBC and Bush.

Again, if either of those 2 networks pulled the same thing in Iran, they would not only be shut down, but the journalists / reporters / talking heads would most likely be imprisoned if not put to death. There are examples of that occuring in IRan, with the most recent during the protests last year.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
lets say this video was real.....

what happens if your not laying on the ground with your hands on your head during a riot in a US prison?

maybe detention centers need better signage?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Oh for the love of God quit playing games please. I have asnwered your question.. a few times now. I explained the difference between western media and Iranian media. All that is left is for you to do your own research and beleive what you want.

Personally, I beleive, based on facts I have seen, that PressTV is the propoganda mouth since it is owned and Run by the Iranain regime, where as Foxnews, BBC, SkyNews, Aljazeera etc is not own by a government.

See the difference? or do we need to keep playing this idiotic game of dueling media outlets?

Tell ya what.. if you want to find out first hand.. get a job with Foxnews, and blog about how bad the US government is.
Then get a job with Presstv and blog about how bad the Iranian government, namely the president and the Shaw , and see what happens to you.

Maybe then you will quit playing this stupid game.

I'm not playing games, I'm simply agreeing with you that reliability and credibility of a report doesn't revolve around what you can or can't report, rather revolves around research and having the resources and reporters to do their research and report it accordingly.

If you want to test how reliable or credible PressTV is compared to Western media then please post instances of Wesetern media and PressTV reporting lies.

If you want to discuss what can and can't be reported in PressTV and Western media, then I'm down for that discussion too, because I'm well aware of the things which can't be reported in the Western media.

If you want to discuss consequence of reporting unauthorized news in Western media and PressTV, then I'm also willing to discuss that as I know of cases of imprisonment and cases of death sentence in US and Europe.

edit on 13-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: code

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well, I found the full(er) version of this incident, and since it's too late to edit my reply on top of page #2, I must retract my comments there. No comment here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Its easy to research...

Pull up Foxnews - Search for any article that portrays the government, or any ranking individual currently in the government, in a bad light

Pull up MSNBC - Search for any article that portrays the government, or any ranking individual currently in the government, in a bad light

Pull up BBC - Search for any article that portrays the government, or any ranking individual currently in the government, in a bad light

Pull up PressTV - Search for any article that portrays the government, or any ranking individual currently in the government, in a bad light

On those 4 sites, use the search feature and do a search for any topic that deals with government issues that portray the in power government in a bad light.

Do the same search for government officals and see what comes up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join