It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Strikes Down Marijuana Laws In Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
whyprohibition.ca...

The Superior Court in Ontario has criticized the doctors being gatekeepers to medicinal marijuana and denying access to many for health benefits, when its a cheap and effective medicine. As the laws were struck down, the Government has 90 days to rewrite fair legislation that provides equal access to more people who need it without creating criminals out of them. Failure to do so will result in all illegality being over, and everyone free to grow and possess it.

Can read the decision here

This is really good news. I am so happy to see this, especially with the radiation and the last thing I read on it being effective in killing 60% of tumors and a cancer cure, let alone other health improvements.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hope this becomes open and free to all people. This is something that would allow many to produce clean, organic, natural herbs for their conditions, cure cancers, and not have to worry about middle men, law enforcers, raids, and impurities.

A step in the right direction. Will be looking into how to protect against the radiation plumes and this is just what is needed. I would prefer to have it legalized completely, but if enough people overcome the programming to realize what kind of benefits this natural God given medicine provides, then that will be the next step.

And maybe Rick Simpson can finally come out of hiding. All my love to him and everyone he cares for. Much love Rick, Peace, and my prayers are with you.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is my other thread showing the US Government Cancer Agency touting the curing benefits of cancer its overwhelming, there is no other drug on the market like this Combined with a few other things, cancer is beatable. Sleeper was right!
But so are so many of his other points.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I believe marijuana can help in many ways medicinally and can be attained for such here in Aus but only for cancer patients and those afflicted with serious back pain as far as im aware. If it was decriminalised for use only the dealers would still go out of buisness. Thats why they wont legalise it in any form outside one state and territory bloody crooks!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

I agree, and this natural herb that was provided for all the people on this planet equally was taken from us, and so many lies told about it. I've never been a partaker of this, it is too strong for me, but at the same time, have been strongly supportive of anyone having the right to land, resources, the naturals seeds and things of earth equally. Anything else is slavery and a crime against humanity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Oh wow, I'm really happy/pleased to see this and almost hope that the government doesn't respond so that Marijuana becomes legal by default. It is ridiculous that normal people are made to feel like criminals because they like to smoke cannabis.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My guess is they'll write similar laws again and force the courts to tackle the new law all over again.

I could be wrong, but if something else happened it would definitely be a big change.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
More likely than not. Luckily, I hail from BC where we have it mostly decriminalized and the legal ramifications are more for the growers and sellers than users. Growers and Sellers make their money because it is illegal but if it was made into a legitimate business and product for export it would kill almost all criminal aspects surrounding it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am very interested to see how the gov't will respond. I'm hoping they will be too busy with the elections to make an appeal

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Great news.

At least the Canadian courts seem to have their brains in the right place.

Now, if the USA follows suit, then the UK will think they're missing out and copy.

About bloody time.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
More likely than not. Luckily, I hail from BC where we have it mostly decriminalized and the legal ramifications are more for the growers and sellers than users. Growers and Sellers make their money because it is illegal but if it was made into a legitimate business and product for export it would kill almost all criminal aspects surrounding it.

I just want to make a point for those that don't know (or believe government propaganda) that a 'grower' is *not* the same thing as a 'seller' (or dealer).

A grower, more often than not does not sell or deal Cannabis, but rather grows for their own use.

A lot of positives, saves money, doesn't put any money into organised criminal gangs, *does* put money into reputable businesses (growing supplies etc), quality control (lots of grass has been contaminated with glass powder and other nasties), beats dealing with dodgy people in dodgy areas.

Negatives (at the moment), if growing Cannabis and caught, could face lengthy prison terms based on the misunderstanding that a grower = dealer...mainly due to government lies and propaganda.

edit on 13/4/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Speaking of contaminations I've ALWAYS been EXTREMELY weary and skeptical of "medical marijuana" just because I know how spineless the government can be and who knows what they could be trying to put or intigrate into their bud... am I being overboard with these thougths of skepticism or are my worries just?

Thanks in advance for anyone who actually replies with an intellectual answer

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nastradamus
reply to post by spikey

Speaking of contaminations I've ALWAYS been EXTREMELY weary and skeptical of "medical marijuana" just because I know how spineless the government can be and who knows what they could be trying to put or intigrate into their bud... am I being overboard with these thougths of skepticism or are my worries just?

Thanks in advance for anyone who actually replies with an intellectual answer

The government has little to do with it. I may be wrong, but I don't think they sit there and screen and handle stuff that goes to 'dispensaries'. Since the spectre of being criminal no longer exists in these cases, and since buyers are free to get it wherever and whenever they want (need), sellers aren't going to be doing anything to it at all except making sure a healthy flower grows and is properly cured. Real people know the difference between nature being left to itself, and nature being stepped on and shaken down. You only have to worry about contamination in the underworld where crooks take advantage of the illegality aspects. Do a little experimenting on your own to see what real cannabis feels and looks like. Nature is perfect.

As far as the gov integrating influences in to our lives...have a look at food. The radioactive ecosystem, and new instantly implemented food limits for radioactivity ought to tell you something. Basically, if the government hadn't raised the threshold limits of nuclear poison in our food, there'd be instant food riots. That you have to be 'sick' in order to enjoy cannabis, is in itself, well, sick.

You would do well to study emf radiation and MK ultra. Talk about integrating influences..... Cannabis, naturlich, is resistant to this, being neuroprotective.
edit on 13-4-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
MY GOD PEOPLE

Dont you know if pot is legalized within 24 hours society will collaspe....the streets will flow with the blood of the drug addicts half eaten babies, the dead will rise, fire will rain from the sky, Nazis will invade on robotic dinosaurs, dogs and cats will mate, Doritos will become the new currency, earthquakes, tornados, etc etc

Or maybe not

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Damn... I need to stock up on Doritos!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

2 year with a brain tumor doing poorly and not expected to recover, was secretly fed medicinal cannabis through a feeding tube and he is alive and well, tumor gone.

It is a cure for cancer, kills tumors and is also a prevention for many many things.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
www.cannabisculture.com...

The Canadian Government is preparing its appeal.

Matt Mernagh, the med-pot user at the center of a historic court battle over the country's medical marijuana laws, says he has been served his notice of appeal in the case.

"I received a phone call from the Crown prosecutor today," Mernagh told Cannabis Culture earlier this afternoon. "He offered his congratulations on the case and told me to get ready for the appeal."

Mernagh was served with the appeal shortly afterward.

Personally I hope the appeal is turned down and not even given court time. They do that often enough with citizens, why make an exception here since this is the dark side.

Basically this may go to the Supreme Court, in any case, the issue is very important.

Many just say the Government can impose even harsher. No, the whole case was that:

Having doctors as Gate Keepers and denying people from easy access to the proven medical benefits of marijuana was forcing good honest folk to be criminalized. Whatever was written had to give citizens the basic right to access this cheaply and without a middle man, so over the counter so to speak.

That was the basic reasons given.

Matt Mernagh, the one who struck Canada's marijuana laws

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f46d05895e41.png[/atsimg]

He should get the citizen of the year award.

edit on 11-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

Yes, "Medicinally"
but in all seriousness I completely agree with your post.

top topics

join