It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Meltdown Could Trigger Atomic Explosion

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It is as far from over as it is from the the actual release of radiation at Chernobyl.

Sometimes I have a different way of making a point, don't miss it.

Seriously, I'm not minimizing anything, just relaying the official reports, in a sarcastic way.

They say this is only about 10% as bad as Chernobyl was... You can believe that too right?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

but it looks to me that there were only a few hundred people that were actually going into the reactor to do the "emergency work"

The people who were trying to extinguish the fire were referred to as 'biorobots' because they were working in the places where machines turned out to be useless. Thirty of Chernobyl liquidators died on the spot, hundreds of others suffered from cancer afterwards

source

Over 650,000 liquidators helped in the cleanup of the Chernobyl disaster in the first year.

source

Liquidators/Biorobots is the name given in the former USSR to approximately 800,000 people who were in charge of the removal of the consequences of the April 26, 1986 Chernobyl disaster on the site of the event.

source

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Fair enough. Perhaps they thought having 800,000 rather than 800 would minimize exposure to each individual?

Seems bizarre to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

You cant get close enough to handle it. The radiation would detroy even robots. Its to hot to be moved around and contined. All kinds of reasons this would proove impossible. Make no mistake its death they are dealing with.

Im not so sure I like thier containment vessels. If not for them they could have "bombed" them with lead sand and boron long ago. This would adhere to the meltdown lower radiation and cool then they could cover it up. But even this although a huge help it would be, would in no way be a real solution. These meltdowns remain deadly threats for so long you wouldnt believe me if I told you. Chernobyl is a major concern right now, you dont hear the truth about these things from the msm,

edit on 13-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Fair enough. Perhaps they thought having 800,000 rather than 800 would minimize exposure to each individual?

yeah...it was the military in charge of that part...those guys didn't have a choice in the matter....there were times where they would go onto the roof and they would only have 40 seconds to shovel before they had to get out....so numbers were important

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

No way to make a legit guess at that from my bed room. hehe

If we look at what happened in the hydrogen explosions that have occurred already we can get an idea of the potential. The additional issue is that if the ground water is irradiated it can spread the contamination to other water supplies, which is probably the real worry atm.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

The additional issue is that if the ground water is irradiated it can spread the contamination to other water supplies, which is probably the real worry atm.

That is a concern. The greater concern is that the cores fully melt down (probably have) breach containment (probably have) and go through the cement floor. This materially would essentially be super heated radioactive lava. If this breaks through, goes down and hits water, you will have the potentially for a catastrophic explosion and release of material.

It will still NOT be a nuclear bomb reaction as I have explained in various threads.

The difference between a reactor and a bomb is critical mass. Nuclear fission works when uranium loses a neutrino which causes the uranium to split, releasing energy. The lost neutrino hit's another uranium atom and causes it to split, causing a chain reaction.

In a reactor, there isn't really that much fuel, and there are control rods to help regulate the amount of neutrinos bouncing around.

In a bomb, a conventional explosive is used to compress the fissile material to reach critical mass, meaning there are so many uranium atoms in such close proximity that the nuclear chain reaction is self sustaining and can not be stopped.

It's simply not possible to reach critical mass and have an atomic explosion with a reactor.

We can have, and already have had, explosions which release radioactive material into the atmosphere, but the blast itself is not a nuclear reaction. In most cases it's a hydrogen based explosion as hydrogen is a byproduct as well as if pumps fail to move water over the rods they can boil the water at such high temperatures that hydrogen splits off. When it recombines with oxygen it can be extremely explosive.

If you recall a week or two ago they were pumping in nitrogen, this was to keep a layer of nitrogen between the hydrogen and oxygen to avoid explosions.
edit on 13-4-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiberx
reply to post by FEDec

No way to make a legit guess at that from my bed room. hehe

If we look at what happened in the hydrogen explosions that have occurred already we can get an idea of the potential. The additional issue is that if the ground water is irradiated it can spread the contamination to other water supplies, which is probably the real worry atm.

The danger is not just from explosion. Plutonium boils at just over 3,000 degrees C. If there is a supercritical mass, no matter how dilute, and heat continues to build up, at some stage it will boil the melt pool.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What the ones who are trying to bring forth revelations within the bloodlines and the the paramilitary want to do is sink Japan. However, the chain is obvious and its not the normal atomic explosion, which they already had several times already, the Shroom cloud on the second explosion and the Blue beam in side for sure.

It could be a planet killer.

Entombing it doesnt work, its too hot. From what I understand, far more than the US want to bomb this, but you can't bomb it all at once, that would create the chain. They have to separately deal with each reactor.

I feel they're trying to sink Japan.
edit on 13-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

No. A fusion reaction cannot be started under these circumstances.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There was speculation in a thread yesterday that there is a secret weapons program at Fukushima. If so, who knows what's in there and what could happen. Again, just speculation.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by trailertrash
reply to post by redgreen

No. A fusion reaction cannot be started under these circumstances.

Fission, it's a fission reaction and if the fuel rods melt together there is nothing to moderate the radiation and the reactor begins working, reacting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join