It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Earth Anomalies That You (Probably) Never Knew Existed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

From many websites I have looked at regarding the island the rational was that the beach had been drained and that underground tunnels had been constructed to make sure that the treasure was impossible to recover as when you dig deeper the tunnels will flood. I dont believe for a minute that Pirates or people hiding the holy grail would go to such lengths to make a site so secure. The work involved in this renovation of the island would have taken hundreds of men and would not have gone unnoticed. I believe that this has all been an old wives tail went crazy and the natural geological make-up of the island accounts for all of this. Check away on any other site this is from my own fair hand

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am sorry that for once in the many threads that I have made and the hundreds of posts that I have made that for once I did not link this to the source site, take me to the gallows I am a criminal

You can treat the issue lightly, but we have a pretty good tendency to cite our sources. Everything I know about the site points to it's authenticity. Authentic what is the question, but I've never even heard the suggestion that it is a natural occurrence. Look around some more.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is exactly what ATS used to be about, before it turned into this out of control user generated monstrosity it is now. Thank you for writing an interesting and well put together thread, without jumping to ridiculous conclusions; both are increasingly rare.

S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

And as I said I always link sources I made a mistake, I am not going to apologise again dont see why this is a massive using 6 words by mistake, check my track record before slamming me, I have seen full threads copied verbatim from other sites. I admitted I made a mistake not to add the link case closed.

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

Check the bottom of the article linked to back up what I said,

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...
Check the bottom of the article linked to back up what I said,

Thank you for passing that along. I followed the links and read the CSI piece with a great deal of interest. Thing is...there's nothing definitive there. In fact, considering that CSI is a debunking organisation, the article is peppered with the same type of qualifiers as they decry in the speculative material that is their stock in trade: "...perhaps...could have...It now appears...seem to represent...probably...consider...Could it have been...likely...it may not be a coincidence...the evidence indicates...I suggest...Although it is difficult to know...I believe..."www.csicop.org...

I'm actually pretty surprised that the Amazing Randi approved this piece for his site, as it uses the rhetoric of Brad Steiger and Von Daeniken...breathless descriptives of intuitive leaps that hold even less water than the stories he is attempting to debunk. The author has a theory...nothing more. For his theory to hold, one has to accept that a lot of people have lied, and others surrendered their money willingly...folks that did not get rich by being stupid.

But I appreciate your adding another dimension to the story.

I have been to the island...to the end of the causeway, anyway, and did not trespass as I had not made arrangements with Blankenship beforehand. This is no dog and pony show to attract the tourists. Though there is some local acknowledgement of the Money Pit, particularly in the book stores, it is just another picturesque spot on a very picturesque piece of seashore. On the basis of what I have read over the years, on my personal experience, and my Shreddies map...I'd say that the story as we know it is a lot closer to the truth than that of your debunker.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I am not trying to debunk the whole tail however just adding some constructive points to the story, it fascinated me for a while and I read into it, however you top me if you have been there. I would be over the moon if they did find something there after all as would not make it such a sad story of all the lost lives and fortunes.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I am not trying to debunk the whole tail however just adding some constructive points to the story, it fascinated me for a while and I read into it, however you top me if you have been there. I would be over the moon if they did find something there after all as would not make it such a sad story of all the lost lives and fortunes.

There's a little more info in this discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I do appreciate you rolling out yet another theory. It's not the first time the masons have been associated with mysteries of Nova Scotia.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
interesting, zone of silence must be quite peaceful

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Cool thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Cool thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What a neat thread! I was 2 for 10 when it came to awareness of things on the list. I saw an episode of "Ancient Aliens" that had a segment on the Coral Castle and the supposed levitation technology used in the construction. The other was Zona Silencia. Coincidentally, from a different episode of "Ancient Aliens" hahaha, It really does boggle the mind. Thanks for 8 new anomolies to check out! S&F for sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
nice post ... i usta live in nova scotia and would hear things about oak island , but really didnt get the sense that people cared about the topic anymore

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great post. I hadn't heard of many of these. You did remind me of "The In search of" tv show with Leonard Nimoy that ran in the late 1970's. They did an episode on the Coral Castle, and it stuck with me even though I couldn't have been more than 10 at the time. I am glad you had this post because I couldn't recall the name of the guy that built this place or even where it was.

Here is the link to the episode on Youtube.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
very nice i like this post keep em coming friend

Kind Regards Raziel

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
in response to the Eltanin Enigma....

This isn't related per se to the so-called Eltanin Antenna, which is either the remains of something which fell overboard, or part of the old US undersea listening system (to detect Russian subs).

Google

1 posted on Monday, October 18, 2004 12:46:13 AM by SunkenCiv

so there are 2 possible explainations, a sponge growth as drawn in the linked page
or else an contemporary placed antenna placed by the secret eavesdropping the ocean for enemy subs

(excerpt from: www.freerepublic.com...
An impact event occurred at 2.15±0.5 Ma in the Bellingshausen Sea. It littered the oceanic floor with asteroidal debris. This debris is found within the Eltanin Impact Layer. Although the impact layer was known, the crater had yet to be discovered. We have found a possible source crater at 53.7S,90.1W under 5000 meters of water. The crater is 132±5km in diameter, much larger than the previously proposed size of 24 to 80 km.

(Excerpt) Read more at gsa.confex.com ...

If the Enigma is an ancient artifact, the location of the impact site of 2.15 MYA would have been at a different place on the globe...but the plates have shifted and drifted over the millions of years... so 1000 miles west of Cape Horn could very well have been situated in the middle of today's Pacific Ocean instead of being adjacent to the present south pole...
i just do not see how any antenna or fabricated metal could have survived for 2.15 MillionYears

thanks for the readers time

i also wonder about the similarity in names... the Eltanin (undersea enigma) and Elenin (the presently disabled comet intersecting the Moons orbit)

is there a syncronicity here?
edit on 6-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Unexplained Features: Upper Egypt Mounds

An unusual grouping of mounds in Upper Egypt just 12 miles from the city of Abu Sidhum along the Nile. The site consists of 2 larger mounds to the North with 2 smaller mounds to the South East. The alignment of the mounds suggests artificiality but it is unknown if the features were caused by the Ancient Egyptians or are natural formations.

See the link:

www.googleearthanomalies.com...

edit on 16-4-2012 by Mysterious007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2012 by Mysterious007 because: corrected the link

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
Hello ATS! I am back with another brain bubbling thread!

Mexico's Zone of Silence

However, we need not travel so far to encounter a part of the world that is even more perplexing than these others, although it remains little known to most people: Mexico's mysterious, magical zona del silencio--the Zone of Silence, just four hundred miles away from El Paso, Texas. Deserts are often considered to be mysterious enough without the added weirdness that this patch of earth some four hundred miles from El Paso has to offer. It is a place which gobbles up radio and TV signals, and which has of late been associated with the UFO phenomenon.

Is just a urban myth - dont you think if it actually existed it would have been studied by scientists?

www.mexconnect.com...

Does the Zone of Silence exist at all, even with respect to the mildest of claims? Neither I nor anyone with whom I spoke (apart from the zoneros) had any trouble with either their radios or compasses while working in the Reserve. The claims of mutations refer to natural phenomena;..........
As to the Zone itself, there seems to be little consensus on exactly where it is. It was originally considered to be the place where the missile fell. This is also the place marked on the topographic maps of INEGI and the road maps of American Automobile Association. Sometime in the last twenty years, the spot moved to closer to the preson of El Tapado, where an engineer working for PEMEX claimed his equipment stopped functioning. Since then, the exact spot has marched its way north, and the hapless visitors may be guided to any number of areas in the Reserve. Most guides take their customers to an area where they can collect fossils near the preson of El Macho, or further south, to an area which is littered with the little smooth pebbles that look like meteorite debris. In addition, the local residents find the zoneros a nuisance and tend to get them to move on by indicating that the zone is just a little further down the road. Upon being asked where la Zona could be found, a local rancher told a carload of people that they needed to keep following the road until they saw martians jump from one side of the road to another. The amazing part, he commented later, was that they thanked him. Another group of zoneros arrived at the field station and asked one of the workers how to get to the Zone. The young fellow, struggling to be polite and truthful at once, only replied, "Nunca van a llegar (You are never going to get there)."

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Awesome thread - read about the oak island money put years ago but this makes me want to read more again, as well as the silent zone in mexico.

Glamis castle in Scotland - always been an interesting place on the paranormal front but haven't got time to dig into it right now.

Will come back to this tonight and read some more - thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

4. What Lies at the Bottom of the [Oak Island] Money Pit?

That is a crazy story...

Indeed, but it is old at least, from before the internet. I read about it the first time on the back of a cereal box, when I was a kid (~20 years ago).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Seriously *fascinating* stuff here. Thank you for posting this!
Looking into these led me to discover stuff about "Mel's Hole", which is just as interesting. I think there is a lot more physical weirdness like this on Earth than people realize.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join