It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Earth Anomalies That You (Probably) Never Knew Existed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DontProbeMeBro

Very refreshing thread for a change. I especially found the antenna and the money pit very interesting.

S&F

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Great thread, keep posting, this one will have me up all night again.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The "Eltanin antenna" is a SPONGE

Please read this website
(www.larryhatch.net/ELTANIN.html).

The ‘Eltanin antenna’, no matter how you look at it, is a sponge. Not the kind you’d find useful in your bath, but a living creature nonetheless, and one that biologists have examined in the flesh. It is definitely not a mechanical device or an alien implant in the ample bosom of Mother Earth. Nor was the position of the Eltanin example, no matter how significant it may be to numerologists, exactly remarkable. As its earliest chronicler noted, Cladorhiza concrescens lives all over the place in these latitudes – usually in large clumps – on the ocean floor. The one snapped by the Eltanin happened to be a loner, standing tall amid a forest of manganese nodules. Its full taxonomic profile:

Phylum: Porifera

Class: Demospongia

Order: Poecilosclerida

Family: Cladorhizidae

Genus: Cladorhiza

Species: Concrescens
edit on 13-4-2011 by woghd because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-4-2011 by woghd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Nice thread dude, I love reading about mysterious stuff like this. The random explosions seem to have a pattern behind them, my guess would be some sort of military testing, maybe a craft breaking the sound barrier? I don't know exactly how loud that would be though.

The Oak Island treasure pit is something I've never heard of, and I was pretty upset that after like 100 years of attempts they still have not found out what's down there. It's crazy that something that intricate and complex can be built with limited technology at that time, and even now with all of our technology we cannot get down there.

The Coral Castle is probably my favorite one on here. I remember a while back there was a thread about that topic, and I believe that the only equipment he had was a wooden box that he would not let anybody look inside, and he also only worked alone and at night. One theory as to how he may have constructed it was that he used harmonic levitation, or something like that. It's where you find exactly what frequency something is at, I think the frequency that the atoms vibrate (I could be completely wrong about that) and apparently if you match that frequency that object can levitate and you can control it. In fact I remember a YouTube video I saw relating to that topic where some scientist rigged up equipment in his garage, and he could literally make random objects levitate! I'll try to find that video, or if anybody knows the one I'm talking about feel free to post it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

your posting some killer threads man!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I suggest everyone throws some money together so we can solve this money pit problem...first we'll have to put our money somewhere safe while we come up with the plan...say like a pit or something..but really deep....so it's safe....

The Money pit story does remind me of LOST...but better and hopefully with a better ending.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've been to the American Stonehenge in Salem, New Hampshire a few years back. Its definitely an interesting place. If I find my pictures from back then I'll post them. It was fun crawling into some the little structures. I think we may visit again this summer. There was a circle of stones off one of the trails that had been knocked loose and underneath was a circle of quartz crystals. I wonder if the other structures were also build over crystals or ley lines like the coral castle. Very cool thread.

edit on 13-4-2011 by Mr. Singularity because: Very cool thread not post

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
I suggest everyone throws some money together so we can solve this money pit problem...first we'll have to put our money somewhere safe while we come up with the plan...say like a pit or something..but really deep....so it's safe....
The Money pit story does remind me of LOST...but better and hopefully with a better ending.

It's been done. Lot's of money thrown at the pit, but to no avail. There is some interesting chatter on the subject on ATS...worth a search.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
First of all, S&F for this thread; I love it. Also working night shifts, so I have plenty of time to read interesting material like this.

Secondly, about that Eltanin Antenna being a sponge...I'm not so sure. The pic of that sponge is quite different, the density and alignment of branches is different; it grows as a bush, while the antenna was clearly not a bush. Beside that I find it hard to believe that a "crew of the oceanographic research" would be fooled by a sponge, no matter how weird it is. I imagine a sponge with extremities so delicate would move with the water, or would react to light or movement, something to prove that it's alive, while an antenna won't. To me that "sponge" explanation sounds more like the underwater equivalent of weather balloons, but that just my personal opinion.

Anyway, great thread and a lot to fantasise about!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've heard of a couple of these, Coral Castle for one, but most are new to me. Thanks for posting this interesting info.

You mentioned reading about the ringing rocks. There some ringing rocks located at Cape Lookout State Park on the Oregon Coast. As far as I know, there are only a few people who know about this even though, every day, tourists clamber over and around these rocks. They are large rocks imported as rip rap for shore line conservation against wave and storm action. Not all the rocks ring, even though numerous rocks of the same type are there, only a few will ring when struck with a hammer or another rock. I discovered this when I tried to break a smaller rock by slamming it onto a larger one. I was amazed at the very loud ringing reverberation just like a bell.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. I could read about this for days!!! Looking forward to the weekend so that I can get some time to research all of this a little more in depth. Thanks for all the interesting stuff.

S&F!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I took part of it from Wikipedia as I was at work and didnt have the time to link a lot of the websites I have looked at regarding the pit, as per the above poster as well.

-The stories of the evenly placed levels have never been substantiated
-There have been numerous pits dug, now to the extent that they cannot find the original pit
-Many people have died at the pit from either flooding or fumes from old diesel generators being used at the site
-Hundreds of expeditions have taken place the most recent started last year
-No one has proof of anything of value ever being raised from the pit, the buckle and gold seeming piece has been explained away as probably a piece of a treasure hunters belt that was lost in the pit.

So sorry I wanted to add a short bit to the thread, I am not a plagarist and all of the above I have learned from studying the web as I was fascinated by the story

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

So sorry I wanted to add a short bit to the thread, I am not a plagarist .....

Apologize for plagiarizing. You are avoiding doing that.

The fact that you deny plagiarizing whilst feigning an apology for an unrelated matter is telling and it goes to your credibility.

Next time you want to add something to the thread that isn't yours don't pretend that it is. And add a link to the source. You have no valid excuse for not doing this.

It is confusing.

*If I had not checked, everyone would have thoughts that those ideas were entirely yours.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro

2. Beyond Reality: Mexico's Zone of Silence

by Scott Corrales

There exist a number of "accursed sites" on the surface of our planet. Some of these locations are the sites of gravitational or atmospheric disturbances that still remain unexplained by twentieth century science. Such anomalous areas possess properties which interfere sporadically with humans and their equipment. One area worthy of mention surrounds the Mediterranean island of Elba (famous for being Napoleon's first place of exile), and is the bane of maritime aviation in the Mediterranean; another spot is Mt. Stredohori in Czechoslovakia, where an unknown force drains car engines of power throughout the length of a 75-foot stretch of road.

However, we need not travel so far to encounter a part of the world that is even more perplexing than these others, although it remains little known to most people: Mexico's mysterious, magical zona del silencio--the Zone of Silence, just four hundred miles away from El Paso, Texas. Deserts are often considered to be mysterious enough without the added weirdness that this patch of earth some four hundred miles from El Paso has to offer. It is a place which gobbles up radio and TV signals, and which has of late been associated with the UFO phenomenon.

cetrack Playa[/url]

I assume that this article is a bit old because such county like Czechoslovakia doesn't exist fore more than twenty years. Mt.Stredohori it's whole chain of mountains in Czech Republic. Could you precise where is that place. Fore me it is much closer than some place in Mexico

Whole thread very interesting however I heard about most of this except place in Czech Republic despite it is located in neighbor county.

I'm asking but I don't expect to get answers. Answers are not that what could happens here on ATS.
At last I didn't meet any to my questions. Everything is concerned around America. Czechoslovakia (despite such country doesn't exist) is too far away?
edit on 14-4-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

well i guess none of them are true then

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Has anyone read the novel "Riptide" by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child? The Money Pit reminds me very much of the plot for that novel. In fact the plot is very similar indeed.....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
...all of the above I have learned from studying the web as I was fascinated by the story

I'd say it's the wrong place to start. A lot of people have sunk a lot of money into exploring the site, and some serious rationale out there for a well-hidden treasure. Associates of mine, one a psychic, have interviewed Blankenship. Given the history of exploration at the site, I don't believe it's a natural formation at all. But first and foremost, I have a copy of the map that came with my Shreddies...and you're not going to argue with that are you?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Maybe I'm crazy, but could it be possible that the Oak Island pit is actually a shipwreck or a piece of a shipwreck from long ago and the layers they were finding were just different floors of the ship?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopup Dave

There is a place near my in Pennsylvania called Ringing Rocks. We use to camp near there when I was a kid and go there all the time with my cousins. It always fascinated me. There is also a really cool huge dry river bed that runs through the park right by the rocks as well. Here is a link with a lot of photographs and some info on the area by David Hanauer. www.davidhanauer.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am sorry that for once in the many threads that I have made and the hundreds of posts that I have made that for once I did not link this to the source site, take me to the gallows I am a criminal

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join