It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has a right to Jerusalem?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Now this man is a true G-d fearing and compassionate Muslim

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Id also like to mention that the future 3rd temple in Jerusalem is a Temple for ALL PEOPLES, as Isaiah makes clear.

Conversely, Islam prohibits Jews, who hallow the mount the way Muslims hallow Mecca, from praying on it. It is a cruel and outrageously hypocritical thing to do.

Thank G-d for an honest man like this. Not only does the Quran and Hadith make constant reference to David and Solomon, and thus to the existence of the 2 Temples where the dome of the rock now stands today, But bizarely enough, Palestinian and other Muslim clerics deny those Temples from having ever existed. Essentially denying their own traditions!.

The 3rd Temple is for Mankind. A Muslim cam come in the future to the Temple mount and offer prayers and sacrifices to Allah, just as a Christian or a Jew can. All it takes is humility and a respect for Morality, and not authority. Islam has been hijacked by a very destructive lust for power. Instead of wanting men to live properly, to abandon their idolatry and polytheism, they have turned their religion into an orwellian vision of absolute control over the minds and hearts of every single man and woman alive, and this evil vision is bound to fail.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nobody, we were all born on this planet and each of us has the right to travel and live wherever...no one spot belongs, by rights to anyone ethnicity based on historical, religious, or other claims...silly pink apes fighting over playgrounds and toys as usual.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
nobody, and everybody

simples

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Although the land belongs to the Jews, I believe you are right it will be for One and all Under The one God of all whenever we can learn to agree... Guess what that does not happen untill he returns...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He who can take and hold it should have it.

If there is an Allah, then the Muslims should be able to take and hold it.

If there is a Jehova, then the Jews should be able to take and hold it.

The sooner we get this settled, the better.

Maybe Israel should go build a Temple on the holy ground at Mecca.

And then if we could just get in a First Baptist Church, that should just about equal things out.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
*KINGDOM OF HEAVEN*

"Balian of Ibelin: [To the people of Jerusalem] It has fallen to us to defend Jerusalem, and we have made our preparations as well as they can be made. None of us took this city from Muslims. No Muslim of the great army now coming against us was born when this city was lost. We fight over an offence we did not give, against those who were not alive to be offended. What is Jerusalem? Your holy palaces lie over the Jewish temple that the Romans pulled down. The Muslim places of worship lie over yours. Which is more holy?
[pause]
Balian of Ibelin: The wall? The Mosque? The Sepulchre? Who has claim? No-one has claim.
[raises his voice]
Balian of Ibelin: All have claim!
Bishop, Patriarch of Jerusalem: Blasphemy!
Almaric: [to the Patriarch] Be quiet.
Balian of Ibelin: We defend this city, not to protect these stones, but the people living within these walls. "

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Reply to post by dontreally

I would love the abomination on the temple mount to be gone..X

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

So would the EYE in the sky... and Im with you too...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I keep hoping that the next time Israel suffers a rocket attack, some of those rockets oddly, miss their intended targets and level the shiny thing on the Mount.

Wow.

Who would they get mad at then?

Of course, the rubble would have to be removed for safety purposes, leaving - just the Mount.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Both do.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Given all the wars the Arabs have lost against Israel, i would say Allah does not support them here. Anywhere else they may be, But Israel has historically been Jewish land and even the Quran in17:104: "And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely in the land of promise" says so.

Any competent and truly fair Muslim or human being for that matter should understand that.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Given all the wars the Arabs have lost against Israel, i would say Allah does not support them here. Anywhere else they may be, But Israel has historically been Jewish land and even the Quran in17:104: "And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely in the land of promise" says so.

Any competent and truly fair Muslim or human being for that matter should understand that.

Allah is Arabic for God the same way Yaweh is God in Hebrew. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Negative, and I really don't want to argue the semantics, but Allah is the name of their god.

I ran across a lot of detailed research on that, and really didn't give a ratsass either way, but I came away with the confident knowledge that Allah was the name of their god.

The Muslim apologists deny this at every opportunity, as it's clearly understood that the name of the Hebrew/Christan God was JHWH, Jehovah, or I AM.

Since that leaves them with a different God, they are covering that faster than a cat can cover $***.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Negative, and I really don't want to argue the semantics, but Allah is the name of their god.

I ran across a lot of detailed research on that, and really didn't give a ratsass either way, but I came away with the confident knowledge that Allah was the name of their god.

The Muslim apologists deny this at every opportunity, as it's clearly understood that the name of the Hebrew/Christan God was JHWH, Jehovah, or I AM.

Since that leaves them with a different God, they are covering that faster than a cat can cover $***.

It is all the same person and when people start to realize that most of our problems will disappear overnight.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

No, it isn't the same entity.

The teachings of one at every opportunity and element are at exact opposite of the other.

The same God doesn't directly contradict Himself at EVERY single point.

Two Gods.

Two vastly different Gods.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Religion should hold no weight in this argument. The rule of law, specifically international law should dictate which state has the right of governace over which territory. Under international law it has been established that the pre-June 1967 borders are the only legal and legitamate borders.

In essence however Earth, including Jerusalem belongs to no one and everyone.

edit on 12-4-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Each text is catered and designed to work with the culture of that particular subsect of humanity, the Torah works for The Jews, The Qua'Ran works for Arabia and is not structured for other regions and cultures.

As humanity expanded beyond Asia the need for more faiths became needed and each faith is either regionally or culturally specific and tailored for that area.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Actually, no.

There are two main names used for G-d in Hebrew.

"In the beginning אֱלהִים created the heavens and the Earth"

Its the very first lines of the Torah. The name for G-d in this verse is Elohim. In the book of Ezra and Nechemia, the Aramaic Elah is used, phonetically identical with the Arabic Allah. It is derived from the Hebrew Eloah (or Elohim, the plural). Thus, the significance of this name to Jews and Allah to Muslims is the same. In this sense they worship the same G-d.

יהוה or YHVH is a higher name of G-d. It is not identical with Allah. It represents the eternal and literally means "being" in Hebrew. This name is always used in a merciful sense, like in the verse where אֱלהִים tells Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, But the angel of יהוה intervenes and tells him to stop, and replace Isaac with a Ram. This is a name that Jews and Christians are more familiar with than Muslims. Although many muslims themselves probably relate to G-d in this sense, through prayer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join