It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whach cho doin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is how most urban disc jockeys say how are you doing? The founding fathers of this country fought to have a decent nation.I am disgusted.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
A decent nation has nothing to do with dialects and how people talk in certain areas of the country.
I would be a little more concerned about the growing number of people that say it like this :
"¿Cómo te va?".

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
In my opinion it's nothing compared to watching grown adults say OMG, WTF, etc.

I mean, not only is it a display of ineptitude, it doesn't even serve a purpose.. the acronyms are the same amount of syllables as the words! (in those two examples at least)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

That's what the Aboriginal peoples said when Europeans started to settle I bet.
Nice values

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm sure the founding fathers wouldnt care how someone spoke. The founding fathers HATED England and would love to hear people butcher the English langauge. Basically your saying you dont like black people without saying it. So not are you only coming across as a critical racist but also a coward who won't speak his mind.
edit on 05/24/2010 by FrancoUn-American because: Everytime a troll fails a ghrammer nazi gets it's wings.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
People who complain about the way other people talk are usually the snobs that are so brainwashed by the public school system that they actually think that "proper English" is a sign of intelligence and education, but it his absolutely NOTHING to do with education or knowledge at all.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FrancoUn-American

Sup?
Tell the founding fathers that they are failures and didn't have a single clue how this would turn out....either that or they were so optimistic that they thought the rose coloured glasses effect wouldn't bite them in the buttocks because they knew better.
You can't really blame them...they had no clue that black people would have such an impact on our culture with ebonics and rap music and ebonic users being on the internet when they can't spell to save their lives....yet people still follow.
I am not racist...I am calling a spade a spade.
Gangsta rap is totally cool and speaking with the shezizzle is the bomb.

Notice gangsta is the way gangster is spelled??
I am gonna say it...i can't stand when people who speak English can't speak English.

BTW...sup to me means a short form for supper...and even that is dumb...you can't actually say the whole words of whats up or supper????
Also...I AM speaking my mind.

edit on 12-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2011 by DrumsRfun because: Cuz i am a reptilian wandering in a shopping mall while looking for a bathroom cuz i gotta pee.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
People who complain about the way other people talk are usually the snobs that are so brainwashed by the public school system that they actually think that "proper English" is a sign of intelligence and education, but it his absolutely NOTHING to do with education or knowledge at all.

Um, the ability to communicate effectively IS an indicator of education and intelligence.
Say you are hiring for your business. Would you hire the candidate who completed secondary school and can speak eloquently while communicating effectively or the dude who can talk purdy good that dropped out?

And I never said using 'webspeak' was indicative of intelligence or intellectual capacity, just that it shows a complete lack of laziness and apathy. And that in some circumstances, doesn't even function as a condensed way as the acronyms and phrases themselves share the same amount of syllables.

Oh yeah, good luck in the second season. hope the Habs beat the B's

edit on 12-4-2011 by StripedBandit because: cuz the Cup just has to come home

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

And here we have another racist trying to justify his intolerance.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
And I am 100% sure you speak PERFECT British English. Nope didnt think so, didn't think that part out didja? oooooooooo you got ham'd!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Yeall is da bomb

top topics

join