It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Soon to Abolish Organized Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This video talks about this, it is from the late 90's and interestingly Ron Paul who will be running in 2012 is in it.
The point of interest is from 3-4 minute mark.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The UN doesn't need to abolish organized religion, ordinary people just need to listen to Jesus... If you believe in him.

"Don't set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God; let him tell you what to do. No one else should carry the title of 'Father'; you have only one Father, and he's in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

"I've had it with you! You're hopeless, you religion scholars, you Pharisees! Frauds! Your lives are roadblocks to God's kingdom. You refuse to enter, and won't let anyone else in either. You're hopeless, you religion scholars and Pharisees! Frauds! You go halfway around the world to make a convert, but once you get him you make him into a replica of yourselves, double-damned." (Matthew 23:13-15)

The Message Bible version.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just by looking at the title of this thread made me feel better already

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Nothing is as it seems.
There are certain "Kings" who are entertwined with "the harlot"; however, these are not the same "kings" who destroy the harlot. The "kings" who destroy the harlot are not world leaders or any visible institutions. It is a puzzle.The language has been muddled. Check out some other translations.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

That is a really nice find. Thanks for sharing it!

The fact that the EU recently joined the UN is a significant development. We are already seeing the consolidation shared policies on an international scale. The fact that all of this is has been public for so long but virtually untouched by media is fascinating. People have no clue how close we are to a major culture shock.

When I say culture shock, that brings me to an interesting subject. I am wondering why the US Government hasn't been slowly introducing this subject into the media, preparing people for this shift? Although a majority of the new generation here in America is apathetic towards religion, there still hasn't been any introduction to the subject. Usually there are two or three sitcoms running new propaganda platforms.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Nothing is as it seems.
There are certain "Kings" who are entertwined with "the harlot"; however, these are not the same "kings" who destroy the harlot. The "kings" who destroy the harlot are not world leaders or any visible institutions. It is a puzzle.The language has been muddled. Check out some other translations.

Revelation 17:2 says, "Every king on earth has slept with her." That doesn't leave any out.

Revelations 17:11 says, "You also saw a beast that used to be and no longer is. That beast is one of the seven kings who will return as the eighth king, but only to be destroyed."

Revelations 17:12 says, "The ten horns that you saw are ten more kings, who have not yet come into power". Revelations continues in 13, "They all think alike and will give their power and authority to the beast."

These scriptures clearly indicate the details of a consolidation of power. I believe we are seeing this happening right now. Then soon... "The ten horns and the beast will start hating the shameless woman. They will strip off her clothes and leave her naked. Then they will eat her flesh and throw the rest of her body into a fire." Revelations 17:16

The Jews had a custom of throwing trash into a sulfur pit outside the walls of Jerusalem. At times, even criminals who were executed were also disposed of "into a fire" because they didn't warrant a decent burial. The destruction of Babylon the Great will be a complete destruction as chapter 18 of Revelations brings out, "Every luxury and all your glory will be lost forever. You will never get them back."

I'm interested with your take on this. All the scriptures you mentioned are here. The same phrases δεκα κερατα and θηριου are used in these scriptures, denoting they are talking about the same "ten horns" and "wild beast".

edit on 9-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hmmm there is a difference between organized religion and a religion.

If they are out to ban organized religions, then good for them. We have seen the effects of organized religions have on people.

However, the religion or spirituality is one's business, not anyone else.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
United Nations - World Interfaith Harmony Week
1 - 7 February 2011

World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event to be observed during the first week of February starting in 2011.

World Interfaith Harmony Week was proclaimed by the General Assembly in resolution A/RES/65/5 adopted on 20 October 2010.

In the resolution, the General Assembly, points out that mutual understanding and interreligious dialogue constitute important dimensions of a culture of peace and establishes World Interfaith Harmony Week as a way to promote harmony between all people regardless of their faith

Recognizing the imperative need for dialogue among different faiths and religions to enhance mutual understanding, harmony and cooperation among people, the General Assembly encourages all States to support during that week the spread of the message of interfaith harmony and goodwill in the world’s churches, mosques, synagogues, temples and other places of worship, on a voluntary basis and according to their own religious traditions or convictions

www.un.org...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

I know many in the UN would love to see that work out. This was even mentioned in a recent proposed amendment to the Charter. "It would go on to emphasize that “no religion should be equated with terrorism, as this may have adverse consequences on the enjoyment of the right to freedom of religion or belief of all members of the religious communities concerned”. LINK

This just isn't the message in the media. Instead, we are being conditioned to fear Jihad. This is part of an ongoing agenda to move towards religious consolidation. He who holds your heart holds your mind. Religion has always been a powerful tool for expanding an empire.

edit on 9-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Correct
Over a billion muslims in the world should not ALL be classified or labelled as terrorists
Nor should the other religions; catholics, etc be classified or labelled as terorists, espeically when there is conflict between 2 or more opposing religions ie ireland catholic vs protestants.. to determine that ALL catholics OR ALL protestants are catholics is discriminatory and against UN Human Rights Charter (on that link you provided, read it ALL not just snippets from it)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

Revelation 17:11

"The scarlet beast that was, but is no longer, is the eighth king. He is like the other seven, and he, too, is headed for destruction.

Just a side point this refers to the UN 's predecessor the " League Of Nations" it was no longer and dissolved with World War 2.
League Of Nations

The League of Nations (LON) was an intergovernmental organization founded as a result of the Paris Peace Conference that ended World War I, and it was the precursor to the United Nations...The onset of World War II showed that the League had failed its primary purpose, which was to avoid any future world war. The United Nations replaced it after the end of the war and inherited a number of agencies and organizations founded by the League.

Revelation 13:3

I saw that one of the heads of the beast seemed wounded beyond recovery--but the fatal wound was healed! The whole world marveled at this miracle and gave allegiance to the beast

Again referring to a fallen, but then remade institution. The League of Nations got a fatal wound but then was healed and renamed the United Nations. All countries signed up with the UN after that. Even the neutral Switzerland is a member, they signed up in 2002. So the whole world is included in this unlike the League of Nations.

Revelation 13:12

The second beast uses all the authority of the first beast in its presence. The second beast makes the earth and those living on it worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed.

Revelation 13:14

This second beast fooled people on earth by working miracles for the first one. Then it talked them into making an idol in the form of the beast that did not die after being wounded by a sword.

Revelation 17:8a

The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction.

Again references to the League of Nations and the UN.

edit on 9-5-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The UN has already introduced its new One World Religion. They have fooled all the different peoples of the Worlds religions into believing it will accomodate all of them, but the worship of Gaia, Mother Earth, a pagan goddess is at the root of it, and it's really the worship of environmentalism. They believe that man is a parasite and that Mother Nature is angry. They believe that to make Mother Nature happy again, they must sacrifice(depopulate) billions of people to save the resources of the planet.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

green-agenda.com...

green-agenda.com...
edit on 9-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Can you show us from the UN website where one world religion has already been brought in... Thanks

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
(on that link you provided, read it ALL not just snippets from it)

That's awesome! Whether you misunderstood me or not, I have to agree with you. The freedom of religious thought is most definitely in writing within the UN charter. However, I'm awake to the fact that what the international policy that's playing out in the Middle East now doesn't reflect those freedoms.

I firmly believe that no organization can guide the whole world under a single charter without suppressing the freedom of religion. It's an impossibility. Therefore, the destruction of "several" religious entities who are already interwoven into the political, governmental fabric of society is an inevitability. That single thought is the bases of this thread and the prediction.

History has repeated itself several times over the last 6,000 years of written history with many forms of government. John, who wrote the book of Revelations saw what the world would look like under a single governmental charter. He saw clearly the destruction of religious organizations who were involved politically. This prophecy certainly isn't something I came up with on my own.

edit on 10-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i can only see this working when martial law kicks in. then we will all live in a world like the film equilibrium and have conversations similar to this:
Robbie Preston: [Mutes TV] John?
John Preston: Yes?
Robbie Preston: I saw Robbie Taylor crying today. He didn't know, but I saw. Do you think I should report him?
John Preston: Unquestionably.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

The UN has already introduced its new One World Religion. They have fooled all the different peoples of the Worlds religions into believing it will accomodate all of them, but the worship of Gaia, Mother Earth, a pagan goddess is at the root of it, and it's really the worship of environmentalism. They believe that man is a parasite and that Mother Nature is angry. They believe that to make Mother Nature happy again, they must sacrifice(depopulate) billions of people to save the resources of the planet.

Yep. That's pretty much it...in a nutshell. To the best of my recollection, I think those who have ARC and WWF membership are eligible to be bankrolled by the IMF and these groups are purchasing large tracts of pristine undisturbed wildlands in agreement to be "stewards" of the earth.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Can you show us from the UN website where one world religion has already been brought in... Thanks

I would like to answer this question. Many of the religions have fused into "interfaith" groups and have adopted new names. The new names are more in the line of corporate umbrellas than a denominational name. (Ever wonder why it's called a "denomination"?)

This system that has developed is patterned from Solomon's empire...it is called fusion. It becomes social and goal focused rather than doctrinal. Churches have always been lying to people.....why would you trust them now? A leopard does not change it's spots.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It becomes social and goal focused rather than doctrinal.

So they are forced to abandon bible based standards.
The laws of the land and civilization are based on Judaic-christian values,
if you throw them all away, civilization as we know it, will be changed, and not for the good.
I believe the UN will try to do this in the future as well.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This thread had me thinking about that EU coin that came out a few yrs ago. The one they have of a Woman riding a Bull. Not that i believe any of this to be real but rather a holographic dream if you will. Those who have created the prophecies for illusional eons have also been inserting mind control techniques to have everyone believe its real. Remember dictators from the past whether in the open or behind the curtain, have known this all along. To create a sense of supernatural awe among the masses. To wield mankinds will to their own, without awareness everyone will remain trapped within the lie. Just my thoughts on it thats all...

quintessentialpublications.com...

quintessentialpublications.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Organized religion was created to control the people by the same people that you state wish to abolish it. This doesnt work.

The people will abolish organized religion when they finally see it for what it is; the chains that hold them down.

"Don't set people up as experts over your life, letting them tell you what to do. Save that authority for God; let him tell you what to do. No one else should carry the title of 'Father'; you have only one Father, and he's in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

Unless you're Catholic....

Need I point out more contradictions?
edit on 10-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join