It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Relics: do they still exsist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
honestly, holy relics like the nails the Cross, the Holy Grail and the Spear of destiny were probably lost and destroyed in ancient times, here's why:

The Holy Grail: Was a common drinking cup used at a Passover Seder, when Jesus and his disciples left the Inn,m the Innkeeper had his people probably clean up the room and took all the dishes, cups plates, etc back to the kitchen to be washed. This was probably a clay cup so chances are it was probably broken in use. These were a common item made in those days. It probably looked like this:

The Spear of Destiny: This was the spear that allegedly pierced Christs side when he died on the cross. A Roman pilum, this was a common piece of equipment a soldier carried. Chances are the spear was returned to a storage rack in the soldier's barracks, and another grabbed it for use. It probably looked like this:

The nails used to put Christ on the cross were probably common long spikes used for applications other then just crucifixion. When he was pulled off the cross, the nail and cross were probably put into a trash pile.

So in conclusion, if these items DID exist, they were probably destroyed in ancient times

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Who knows, I will need a time machine to figure this one out

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The only thing I might disagree on, would be the nail from the cross. Not that it was saved for being a future relic; But, weren't nails highly prized and needed back then? I don't think they would toss those out.

I'm with you on the rest though, especially The Holy Grail. If it were truly they cup of a lowly carpenter, it would have been made out of clay as was common then.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CalmAsHinduCows

maybe the nails were saved for other work....but as far as relics, they wouldnt have been saved

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

THe Holy spear is in Vienna

Some interesting stories about that spear, even Hitler was hunting the relics.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

How is that the holy spear?

Roman soldiers would have carried standard Roman equipment unless they were officers of rank. I have never heard it mentioned that Jesus was stabbed by an officer...just a soldier.

Which would make the OP's picture much more likely.

Did a little reading on the Vienna lance. That is a replica gifted to Bolesaw I of Poland from the Otto III in 1000 AD.

Quite a little history on that piece.
edit on 12-4-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

There are three ancient items theyre saying are the Spear of Destiny en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join