It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebuilding the Temple

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Rebuilding the temple is an end-time prophecy that I've always wondered about. It is supposed to be re-built on the Temple Mount, which is a major Muslim site (Dome of the Rock). I could never figure out how it would be able to occur - what must take place to remove the current occupant? And it's a pretty good bet that the Muslims would say 'it'll happen when hell freezes over.' I found these two articles on a possible answer.

Temple Mount Activist Says
Blowing Up Dome Of
Rock Is 'Worthy Act'
By Arik Bender
Maariv International - Israel
7-25-4

"Blowing up the Dome of the Rock is a worthy act", Yehuda Etzion, one of the leaders of the Movement of the Temple Mount Loyalists and a former convicted member of the "Jewish underground", has told Army Radio this (Sunday) morning.

Etzion's words came as a response to Public Security Minister Tzachi Hanegbi's comments on Channel Two's Meet the Press, by which, "The prospects that Jewish extremists could carry out an attack on the Temple Mount in order to prevent the disengagement plan from being implemented are growing".
www.maarivintl.com...

Jewish Extremists May Crash
Plane On Temple Mount
By Jonathan Lis, Yuval Yoaz and Nadav Shragai
HaaretzDaily.com
7-25-4

Israeli security officials have recently become increasingly concerned that right-wing extremists might be plotting an attack on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem to derail Israel's planned withdrawal from the Gaza Strip. The Shin Bet security service and the police are preparing for a number of possible terror attack scenarios at the sacred Old City site, Israeli security sources said on Saturday night.

Speaking on the Channel Two "Meet the Press" program yesterday, Public Security Minister Tzachi Hanegbi confirmed that the security establishment had identified rising intent among right-wing extremists to carry out a Temple Mount attack.
www.haaretzdaily.com...

Any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
...I could never figure out how it would be able to occur - what must take place to remove the current occupant?

Left alone parts of the temple could crumble simply due to age.

See

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.truthnews.net...

ANY kind of attack on this site would lead to an uprising like we have never seen. Remember that it is Sharon's "visit" to the Temple Mount in 2000 that set-off the intifada of the last four years. An attack would be much, much worse.

Question. Isn't an attack on the Temple Mount also an attack on Solomon's Temple since they are built on top of each other?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One of the reason the Israelis feel compel to build the temple is because the bible tells so, supposedly the Christian and Jews together will destroy the mosque, build a temple and reinstate the killing of animals in the temple, all in order to please God.

I read somewhere that it is an organized temple mount foundation to raise money to help Jewish terrorist destroy the Muslim mosque.

Some Rev. Called DeLoach here in US back in the 80's was raising money to defend Jewish terrorist, charged with assaults on the mosque. He also claimed to be training Jewish students into slaughter animals to be used as sacrifice inside the temple they hope to build, telling you the true is sound weird.

For this people Israel is on center stage. The believe that the countdown in history began in 1848 with the creation of the modern state of Israel.

In the history the site of supposedly Armageddon is should be able to hold 200 million man army but the allocated are in reality is to small to hold that many people and equipment, and I find that funny.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Tear it down, blow it up whatever. If the prophecy comes true, cool! If not well cool! What's the big deal, this religious thing has gone way to far. I'd pay a nice shiny penny to see the look on their faces when they knock it down and see nothing happens lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The problem is that if the Musque is destroy US can be link to the aid of the destruction due to the financial ties.

proliberty.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All hell would literally break lose if an assault on the temple was mounted. As Gools pointed out - look at what happened when Sharon went strutting around on the Temple Mount in 2000. Attacking the Dome of the Rock would make the current intifada seem like child's play.

Marg - they've been preparing for the new temple in many ways for a long time. I remember seeing - for example - a believer back here in the US breeding the livestock and shipping it to Israel. Everything that will placed inside the temple is being made or has already been made, too. These things are in accordance with the Old TEstament dictates.

I guess my problem with that is, according to the New Testament doctrine (Covenant of grace), we are no longer held to the Law (Old Testament Covenant). Therefore, why Christians believe in the restoration of Old Testament guidelines is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There is no way any true Christian could possibly support any form of terrorism, either! It goes against everything a Christian is supposed to stand for.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The reason is simple EastCoastKid, because the bible tells them so.

For centuries the Israelis had hide behind the bible writings and prophecies, and the Christian community will back them up.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm so confused!

Do the scriptures not warn of those turning their backs on Israel, Marg? Seems like I remember that. That's a big part of why I've always been a staunch supporter of Israel. (I know some will think that's dumb.) I won't lie, though.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sorry to say but I am not a bible prophecy believer and for Israel they are just in the spot do to the misinterpretations of their ancient books, but remember they did not agree with Christianity and probably they laugh behind the Christian believes back because they are the ones that know the real true about the Christian stories and history.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The trouble with me is, if you go back and read the annals of the Kings, (in the Old Testament) it clearly shows how evil they could be and how corrupt their governments became. So, I'm one of those folks who say, if it could happen back then, it could happen today. Humanity doesn't change. I think the Sharon government is pure evil - like BushCo. - and for the sake of the world, both administration's have got to go! With those two guys running the show, we have nothing but death and destruction to look forward to.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
There is a lot of evidence, combined with of course... speculation, that before the end of the world a few major things will happen,

1. The Ark of the Covenant (ya know, that thing from the Indiana Jones movie) will be found (many people also believe that the Ark is buried deep in the temple mount, groups have wanted to dig in the temple mount for the Ark but the whole area is so unstable that it would surely destro the Dome of the Rock if any excavation were to take place.)

2. A third temple will be built (Many people cite the prophecy in Daniel chapters 11-12 (bible.crosswalk.com...:11&version=nas&st=1&sd=1&new=1&showtools=1) about the Abomination of Desolation on this one, 72 weeks after sacrifices are reinstated the "Time of Jacobs trouble will begin" meaning the Israel, not just the nation but the lost tribes include, which many believe includes the US and Britain, will um.. for lack of a better term, be in DEEP crap)

3. There will be a one world, one religion government established and run out of Jerusalem, and that Jerusalem would become the world capitol in a sense

4. Finally that Europe will unite as one nation with the Catholic church as a major part of the government. (If you want me to go in depth on this one citing prophecies and all, I don't have time now but would love to, just U2U me or post here)

These are in no chronological order listed above, however destroying the temple mount could possible fulfill all of them. The EU hates Israel and would gladly occupy the area, however they would have to become a military power to do so, the Ark would be found (if its hidden in the Temple Mount that is) if the area was destroyed, and the Jews would then have the means to build a temple there since the Dome of the Rock would be gone. As for #3 up there, you never know....

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

4. Finally that Europe will unite as one nation with the Catholic church as a major part of the government. (If you want me to go in depth on this one citing prophecies and all, I don't have time now but would love to, just U2U me or post here)

Actually most of these prophecies came to be all ready, yes the catholic did had domination of the world at one point.

Most prophecies were for the time of the apostle not modern times. The church was the one to tamper prophecies to accommodate modern times.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Most of the prophecies have come true. Some remain to be seen, like the re-building of the temple. That is the structure the AntiChrist will sit down in and proclaim himself God from.

Thanks for the input lockheed.

It's been a while since I studied the prophecies. So much to study, so little time.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
EastCoastKid

Do the scriptures not warn of those turning their backs on Israel, Marg? Seems like I remember that. That's a big part of why I've always been a staunch supporter of Israel.

you are absolutly(sp) right God told Abram

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;
and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that
curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed" (Genesis 12:2-3)

MOP: I am not jewish but I believe that as long as America continues to support Israel God will continue to bless our nation

The temple will be rebuilt. There will be a peace treaty between Israel and the rest of the middle east. I believe that if the temple is not built by then, then they will start after the treaty. eathe rway it will be done.

If you believe that some of the prophecies have already been fufilled, what would stop the rest?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by gfs4731]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't believe in the bible myths and I don't believe in Israel been the nation chosen by good. All this myth and beliefs is what for centuries had divided, destroy and annihilated millions of people around the world, just because of religion, a man made hoax.

If people need to believe in something it should stick to something less harmful like the tooth fairy or Santa Clause?

[Edited on 26-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would like to know if anyone really thinks that religious fanatics can be stopped from destroying the Temple? Does America really want to get further involved in what is essentially a "Family feud "?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There are many different people who view certain prophecies in certain ways and in different fulfillments. I have just a couple of things to throw out.

The abomination of desolation(anti-christ in the temple) could be what it means, but I have also heard that it could be speaking of the Dome of the Rock that is already there. Islam is not about the one true God, and the mosque there right now is an abomination to God and it is making the site desolate.

I have also heard from people that the temple won't be rebuilt until Jesus returns.

In Acts Chapter 15 it states that after the "church" is complete with it's members the tabernacle of David will be rebuilt. Not a temple but a tabernacle for animal sacrifice's.

Bible prophecy is very interesting to study, but it can also be consuming and keep you from becoming all you can be in Christ.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
No prophecy has ever come true! Once we know what we're suppose to do, we do it. G_d said Isareal would become a great nation. It never did, it was created by the U.N., wait a minute, the prophecy must be true then. In the past four years, the U.S. has gone in debt in the trillions in striving for a regimen change which doesn't benefit the U.S. at all, only Isareal. Someone once said we were bless for supporting them, I don't see it, maybe they should ask them.... I know they'll say yes, god has blessed you for supporting us, anybody else feel like they're blessed for supporting the war in Iraq? Anybody feel safer in the past couple years?

[edit on 27-7-2004 by NuKeUrAz]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ya, some people get so hung up in the descrepencies over prophecies they totally forget the real purpose of the bible. But um, no biblical prophecy ever coming true? (Its best you don't read any of the following it is horribly inaccurate and dosen't even support my above question about biblical prophecy coming true)

The Nation of Israel is not just moden day Israel. In fact it is only 1/12 of it. Back in the day, Jacob got in a fight with an angel (which some say was Jesus) which beat Jacob, (check out Genesis 32 on the matter bible.crosswalk.com...:28&version=nas&st=1&sd=1&new=1&showtools=1) which makes sense cause I don't think angels usually lose to humans anyways. So this angel or Jesus changed Jacobs name into Israel. So when you hear about "The nation of Israel" its the total of the peoples descended from Jacob, including many such groups as the Anglo-Saxon peoples that ended up founding England and the US. There are 12 tribes of Israel and also back in the day, the tribes all got split up. When Solomon became king he built the first temple, about 20 years after that the Kingdom split into two pieces, northern Israel, which contained 10 tribes, and the southern nation of Judah which contained 2 tribes, Judah (of which the Jews are descended and the inhabitants of the holy land today) and Benjamin. So anyways the area was conquered a lot first the Bablyonians in 597BC when the first temple was destroyed, and then in 539BC Babylon conqured Persia and all the Jews were set free. So all the tribes ended up splitting and only Judah came back later on to rebuild the temple. Then the whole Jesus thing happened and so on.

So uh, there is my makeshift history on the Kingdom of Israel (if I'm inaccurate anywhere lemme know)

[edit on 7/28/2004 by lockheed]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join