It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The French stormed the Bastille, but where would you storm?

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have just watched a fascinating documentary called 'Filthy Cities' on BBC.

The presenter explained the reasonings behind the storming of the Bastille, in Paris. I always thought it was to release the political prisoners being held there, but no. It was due to the arms that were stored there. The people had had enough and needed arms in order to protect themselves from the Kings army.

There had been rumblings of discontent from the 'Great Unwashed', but it took a natural disaster to turn the tide. Amazingly, it was a volcanic eruption in Iceland that finally pushed the people to revolt. The eruption destroyed crops and the people were starving. They could see the Royals continuing to live the high life and this sparked the revolution. I guess if you were dying of starvation, what would it matter if you were killed? Fighting for change, fighting for survival.

Anyway, back to the the purpose of this post. Where do you think your Bastille would be? What particular building would you aim for in your country or region?

I guess for the U.K it would have to be somewhere in London. I think Buckingham Palace would be too obvious, Westminster also. I believe nowadays a storming of a large financial institution would be more fitting. Maybe the Bank of England or Lloyds of London.

I personally believe that seeds of change are in the air and the old ways of government have had their day, including the monarchy.




posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The banker's digital 1's and 0's need to be stormed.

Sri Oracle



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
id storm mcdonalds iam hungry and i demmand food NOW!!!



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by G0SPEL
id storm mcdonalds iam hungry and i demmand food NOW!!!


Ah, a slave to MSG's!! You know it only fills you for a matter of minutes.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 


The White House/Parliament , and the banks!
But we won't, though, because as a whole we are too apathetic to any problem's outside our personal lives to storm a Mcdonald's



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
let's just storm congress when it's in session and spank them all with those old wooden swish cheese planks



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 
yes hence why i need backup to storm it again a you with ME!


edit on 12-4-2011 by G0SPEL because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There are 3 armouries and one maintenance depot.

I would hit nearest armoury first: police swat armoury - contains approx 10-15 people. approx 1/2 armed, remainder are civilian employees.

Second stop the maintenance depot. Minimum 3-5 armoured vehicles at any one time for maintenance (hope one is ready to go). 8 people, 2 armed.

Then on to the second and third armouries (1 police / 1 military), than on to the military base.

As to my knowledge of said armouries...I helped build 2 of them and currently contracted to maintain them, I am in and out on a monthly basis.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420
 


Seems like you've done your homework.
Under what circumstances would you do this?



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
There are 3 armouries and one maintenance depot.

I would hit nearest armoury first: police swat armoury - contains approx 10-15 people. approx 1/2 armed, remainder are civilian employees.

Second stop the maintenance depot. Minimum 3-5 armoured vehicles at any one time for maintenance (hope one is ready to go). 8 people, 2 armed.

Then on to the second and third armouries (1 police / 1 military), than on to the military base.

As to my knowledge of said armouries...I helped build 2 of them and currently contracted to maintain them, I am in and out on a monthly basis.
when the zombie apocalypse comes you and me can be freinds

edit on 12-4-2011 by G0SPEL because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit
 


Not so much homework as having multiple crews that can pass security clearance
.

I honestly don't know at what point I would storm the armouries. I always thought I would be there more 'in defence of my country from outside invaders' as opposed to fighting my own government.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think the best place to go would be to your nearest National Guard or Reserves armory. When I was in the PAANG, they kept all the weapons in the basement of the armory and nobody on site carried any weapons with them. They had everything from 9mm pistols to fully automatic M 16's and machine guns.

The weapons were stored in a big vault so you might have to do a little demolition to get to them and there was no ammo stored at the armory so you wouldn't be able to use the weapons right away unless you brought ammo with you.

It might suck if you raided an armory and found out all the weapons were off in Iraq with the troops though so it may be best to do a little research before storming an armory.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by G0SPEL

Originally posted by peck420
There are 3 armouries and one maintenance depot.

I would hit nearest armoury first: police swat armoury - contains approx 10-15 people. approx 1/2 armed, remainder are civilian employees.

Second stop the maintenance depot. Minimum 3-5 armoured vehicles at any one time for maintenance (hope one is ready to go). 8 people, 2 armed.

Then on to the second and third armouries (1 police / 1 military), than on to the military base.

As to my knowledge of said armouries...I helped build 2 of them and currently contracted to maintain them, I am in and out on a monthly basis.
when the zombie apocalypse comes you and me can be freinds

edit on 12-4-2011 by G0SPEL because: (no reason given)


But only if a Maccie D's is near by!! Eh?



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you are in a revolt (or zombie apocalypse) scenario, your very first stop should be your major construction contractors offices. Especially in major cities (probably a waste in smaller communities). Bybass all the front office stuff and head straight to archives.

Government facilities in Canada (US is probably similar) are contracted out with lengthy warranty / maintenance contracts. That means that it was most likely awarded to a larger contracting company, and they will (or should) have a hard copy of the facility blueprints in there archives.

Most armouries and stations (police/military/etc) are 'hardened' buildings. You ain't driving in the front doors (very far). The archived drawings will show which walls are reinforced and how thick/strong the reinforcements are.

You will probably want to start with police, they are usually hardened for light vehicles (everything up to a 3 ton), where as military can be hardened all the way up to full size semi impacts.

Enjoy!



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit
 


The French did when they were starving. As I said in my OP, if you are starving, what have you got to lose.

You know the thing is that the Queen was meant to have said 'Let them eat cake.' This demonstrates how far they were removed from real life, not realising that the majority of the ingredients in cake would also be found in bread, but as they had no crops they couldn't produce either.

Now, I'm not too sure if our royalty are as far removed as this, but would they give up an ounce of their Gold in order to help the people? I think not.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'd storm 10 Downing Street... Drag the lying b*stards out into the street and hang them from those handy lamp posts...



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
If I was French, I might storm say... Libya!



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
If you are in a revolt (or zombie apocalypse) scenario, your very first stop should be your major construction contractors offices. Especially in major cities (probably a waste in smaller communities). Bybass all the front office stuff and head straight to archives.

Government facilities in Canada (US is probably similar) are contracted out with lengthy warranty / maintenance contracts. That means that it was most likely awarded to a larger contracting company, and they will (or should) have a hard copy of the facility blueprints in there archives.

Most armouries and stations (police/military/etc) are 'hardened' buildings. You ain't driving in the front doors (very far). The archived drawings will show which walls are reinforced and how thick/strong the reinforcements are.

You will probably want to start with police, they are usually hardened for light vehicles (everything up to a 3 ton), where as military can be hardened all the way up to full size semi impacts.

Enjoy!


Would we have time to do this? If we do, I'm in.

The only problem we have in the U.K is knowing where the arms are kept in the local station. We may come across some tazers, but real arms would be a struggle. Damn the fact we don't have rights to bear arms.



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 


You already know me to well
can i get a large fries with that



posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
If I was French, I might storm say... Libya!


Or even the Cote d'ivoire.....



new topics

top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join