It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia - Water Testing for Radioactive Nuclides - Not Happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, I thought I'd get in touch with my county's water authority to see if they were/are doing any type of testing due to Fukushima (based on readings in other localities).

I received a reply stating please see the attached for the most recent radiological sampling. For more information about further testing please contact Georgia EPD’s Drinking Water Program.

First, the "attached" sampling, look at the date, it is 4 years old. Second, why would I want to contact a State run agency about my LOCALLY provided drinking water?

edit on 4/12/2011 by Finalized because: Because I like pie

edit on 4/12/2011 by Finalized because: Updated Subject

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I hope you don't think you will get the truth from the same people that are telling you lies.Any, and all Corporations will lie to you if they are being warned by the government to do so. I would get me some samples myself, just after a rain and carry it to a lab in Atlanta and have it tested. I would "NOT" tell them where the samples came from, but that you just want it tested for the 3 kinds of radiation that is spewing from Japan...

Example...About 6 yrs ago my water here started looking funny and tasting pretty bad. I had the city here come and test it. Then, I collected a sample myself and had a independent company, Southern Testing Labs test my water...These two test results were no where near in comparison....If I can still find these two results I will post them... Its always best to do your own investigating. You'll get a lot closer to the truth this way...
edit on 12-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
I hope you don't think you will get the truth from the same people that are telling you lies.Any, and all Corporations will lie to you if they are being warned by the government to do so. I would get me some samples myself, just after a rain and carry it to a lab in Atlanta and have it tested. I would "NOT" tell them where the samples came from, but that you just want it tested for the 3 kinds of radiation that is spewing from Japan...

That's why I posted this
, to point out that they aren't doing anything.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Sorry, I thought you ment all was well because they said so....My mistake....lol...I do make a lot of them...I am glad you just don't take someones word for something without doing research...Your a good man....Keep up the good work...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would recommend other people contact their water company and ask what they are doing, I think it would be very telling if we start getting a lot of reports that none of these companies are doing any testing.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is this the country Georgia or the state

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HisMajesty
Is this the country Georgia or the state

I assume the US State. On the other side of the world from Japan.

Apparently it has quite a few coal power stations

www.sourcewatch.org...

So some genuine concern there about cancer ....

..... from coal.

www.medicinenet.com...

A miniscule below background level amount of radiation from Japan would be the least of my worries if I lived in Georgia!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes, Georgia, the state. Yes, we have coal plants, we also have nuclear plants and hydro plants.

Chattanooga, TN is right up the road and reported 1.6 picocuries per liter, a little more than 1/2 of the EPA’s maximum contaminant level of 3 picocuries per liter for Iodine-131.

I'm not fear mongering, I'm not scared, I WANT TO BE INFORMED in case there ends up being an issue. How do I do that if my local water authority isn't testing?
edit on 4/12/2011 by Finalized because: Because I like cake

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe I should be worried based on this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The state dictates teh local water supply. The federal government (EPA) dictates the water standards. Don't like it, take it up with them. The state can either take those regs and elaborate on them or leave them be.

Then you have different local or state agencies handling public versus private water. But all based on fed regs.
Water testing is an expensive process.
Radium or radioactive testing is an extremely expensive process. If funds are not opened up for it, or its not mandated, I can tell you they are not going to do it.
There is no concern or alarm right now to do it. And radiation reacts differently in water then it does in air.

new topics

top topics

join