It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multimillion-Dollar Crystal Glassware Project Renewed at U.S. State Dept.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Still out of control, nice to to see the democratic are cutting back on useless spending.

The New York Post, which broke the story exactly one year ago today, revealed that the initiative had been subcontracted to a European company rather than to a domestic manufacturer such as Steuben Crystal, based in Clinton’s adopted home-state of New York.

2,250 gold-banded champagne flutes
estimated price tag: $5.4 million

Among other stated reasons for this endeavor is the purported need to develop State resources in a manner “that is cost-effective for the Government,”

So there you have it, while troops over seas are being told they may not get paid.
Billary is spending their money so she can have a nice party...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I can get those made in china for a few cents a piece.
should cost a few grand.
and i'll make a profit!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

burns me up to everyone suffers while the elite gets to live it up

gold banded champagne flutes for crying out loud.

GOTO WALMART AND BUY SOME STYROFOAM CUPS MORONS!!!!!!!!!

washington is so out of touch with us little people

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

GOTO WALMART AND BUY SOME STYROFOAM CUPS MORONS!!!!!!!!!

Yes.. Go to Walmart... Keep going to Walmart.. That will fix America's issues.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

fine then any store that doesn't sell or make a profit off cheap chinese labor.

happy now?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

We should be thankful that we're not Greek and these low-lifes are not tossing the glasses into the fireplace after having a toast.

The person who approved this initiative should be publically shamed and fired. If they can be jammed up for misuse of public funds, they should be.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

I wonder if this will ever make it to the MSM.

I think there should be a website dedicated to the list of useless spendings by Government on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh but yeah, last year they spent the same amount on the exact same glasses....

So.....whats wrong with those ones from last year?!

Are they too last year for the socialite Billary?

WTF is her problem, that is what really pisses me off about her. She just wont get it, and doesn't want to.

edit on 12-4-2011 by ADVISOR because: it needed an edit

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by ADVISOR

I think there should be a website dedicated to the list of useless spendings by Government on a daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis.

Its called ATS.

And so long as the membership keeps on keeping on, we can and will get the word out tot he rest of them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I concur! That would make a sweet new addition to the ATS Forum LOL. But really, we can't expect much less from people who are living the illusion of power & entitlement. They think nothing of sending their countrymen to kill and die on foreign soil. If life has little value, money means nothing at all. We are not dealing with people 'in their right minds' IMHO.

If I were entertaining heads of state I would put out my best crystal, too - but it darn well would be made stateside, and I would choose a reasonably priced stemware that is subtle and understated, yet elegant (oh yeah, I has that kinda good taste!). Then let the beers, wines and distilled spirits of America flow

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
From your source:

The document did not indicate what may be wrong, if anything, with State’s existing inventory of crystal tabletop-ware. It justified the planned acquisition by claiming that the upgrade “furthers U.S. Diplomatic interests.”

Yeah. Okay.

If I loaned someone money, and they were all like "Sorry, I cant pay you back, but come on over to dinner and dine with us", and I saw brand new silver and gold plated dinnerware, I'd punch em' in the face.

“The United States international relations, national interest and success are, in part, built upon the ability of our ambassadors to entertain host country nationals in our embassies and residences abroad,” the solicitation says.

In addition to being lead-free, the glass must be, well, perfect.

“[T]he tabletop ware shall not have any blemishes, bubbles or cloudy discolorations,” the document continues. “Etching shall be distinct and defined. The crystal tabletop ware should have a sharp high-pitched resonant sound when tapped with a metal object, such as a fork or spoon.”

Among other stated reasons for this endeavor is the purported need to develop State resources in a manner “that is cost-effective for the Government,” the document also claims.

Epic fail Leaders.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Juston

So glad you, and others see my point.

There is a line and Billary seems to make a hobby of crossing it on purpose. So, in my opinion her constituents need to kick her to the curb faster than Palin can embarrass the US.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
That's $2,400 a glass at the $5.4m price tag, and
$1,750 a glass at the new and improved price tag of $3.5m.

Coincidentally, $2400 is the mortgage payment that I haven't been able to make since the company I worked for went bankrupt.

I lose my home, they gain glassware.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Oaktree because: needed editin

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Whats next, Hillary going to tell us all "Let them eat cake!"??

the squander and waste these filthy leeches continue to perpetuate at our expense, is getting quite frustrating and obviously flaunted in our faces, day in and day out.

I counter with "Off with their heads!"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh Nice, Way to Stimulate our own economy and create more jobs here.
Once more, sending more of our HARD EARNED Tax Money out of the country...
Saddness

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Sham really and a shame too, our government that is.

With pompous aristocrat wannabes socialiteing it up, we now know why Billary does not vote against her mandatory pay raise each year.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juston
From your source:

The document did not indicate what may be wrong, if anything, with State’s existing inventory of crystal tabletop-ware. It justified the planned acquisition by claiming that the upgrade “furthers U.S. Diplomatic interests.”

Yeah. Okay.

If I loaned someone money, and they were all like "Sorry, I cant pay you back, but come on over to dinner and dine with us", and I saw brand new silver and gold plated dinnerware, I'd punch em' in the face.

“The United States international relations, national interest and success are, in part, built upon the ability of our ambassadors to entertain host country nationals in our embassies and residences abroad,” the solicitation says.

In addition to being lead-free, the glass must be, well, perfect.

“[T]he tabletop ware shall not have any blemishes, bubbles or cloudy discolorations,” the document continues. “Etching shall be distinct and defined. The crystal tabletop ware should have a sharp high-pitched resonant sound when tapped with a metal object, such as a fork or spoon.”

Among other stated reasons for this endeavor is the purported need to develop State resources in a manner “that is cost-effective for the Government,” the document also claims.

Epic fail Leaders.

It's actually worse because it's not like they are even inviting us over! Really... things like this (and the complete refusal to cut military spending) are examples how they just aren't taking any of this seriously.

ps - By cutting military spending, I mean cutting actions and maneuvers we cannot afford; not cutting soldier pay.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Exactly the issue, money well spent is not happening when our government writes blank checks....

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by ADVISOR

Its called ATS.
And so long as the membership keeps on keeping on, we can and will get the word out tot he rest of them.

I agree however not many know about ATS. There should be a commercial or advertisement on a major TV network adverstising for a totally new website called "www.governmentspending.com" where you can have 2 categories. Useless and Useful spending

I know about ATS but most of the people visiting the site often think of us as lunatics due to the conspiracy theory factory and ATS.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I do not understand why all you fellas are so upset, at least you still have a democracy, you can own guns.
Probably one of your more honest leaders George Washington once said, to have a democracy you must have an armed public.

Glass purchase as follows.
Public spend 5.4 million on glasses, breakdown as follows.
5 million to the project management group run by Billery who pick glasses out of catalog and place order.
0.2 million for the european connection
0.2 on actual glasses, shipped from china repackaged in europe and then freighted to the US.

Who knows, but you the public will get the bill.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join