It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Housewives of Wall Street

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Max

The use of facial recognition from Dell to increase sales as a full blown sales campaign without the knowledge of those entering its physical locations can be considered a violation of personal behavior pattern's based on U.N. articles and E.U. member state constitutional legislation.

Can they be held accountable ?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Purely a layman's conjecture here...

I think, only an international criminal court could hear such a case.

And then, only if a judge is willing to grant that "harm" has been done. In this case the defense would focus on the absence of harm, in my opinion.

Now, if a class-action suit were brought, it could be possible to convincingly dispute such a claim, but I think you'd need hundreds of thousands of plaintiffs( willing to accept the existence of the offense. And it would help if the case were brought with international plaintiffs, not just one country; thereby make an international UN trail the only way to cover jurisdictional boundaries.) Lawyers could keep such a case muddled in minutiae for an eternity.

Somehow.. I think the short answer is "no."

At least, not within the construct of "judicial process"; and without law... well, you can imagine what might happen.

Monopolies are impossible to boycott.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Max agree,

Then again google was held accountable for recording packets but was found, lets say innocent. Simply points to the same scenery but from a different view. The cause justifies the means.....No ?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by Maxmars

Max agree,

Then again google was held accountable for recording packets but was found, lets say innocent. Simply points to the same scenery but from a different view. The cause justifies the means.....No ?

The cause justifies the means

This phrase is among the most repugnant of all things to my mind. And so many believe it to be acceptable that I stopped expecting people to agree with me on it.

I suppose I am a throwback of sorts, because I can never attune myself to that way of thinking. I simply can't separate the means from the cause as if they were not related to one another...

To me the means must serve the cause - without debasing it.. otherwise it's just vain moral mockery.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Taibbi is absolutely the pinnacle of journalism today. I cannot think of a single journalist who is doing more important work right now. His reasoning and expository style are crystal-clear, his logic is pellucid and untainted by partisanship. Read Griftopia if you haven't already; it's easily the most important book of its type to come out since the 2008 crisis.

Funny, I met Taibbi really briefly in an expat bar in Moscow, maybe 9 years ago or so. He would have no reason to remember me, but I do remember him. He was working as a writer for a local rag in Russia called the Exile, I believe. I remember thinking, "Wow, this guy knows what he is talking about" and I am really pleased to see him break into the mainstream these last few years.

He would have been an excellent writer no matter what topic he turned his talent to. I'm glad he turned it to skewering Wall Street. It's too bad that a lot of people who really should read him would be turned off by the leftist image of Rolling Stone and will just put him in that tired little box.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Truth and facts, as all things self-evident, speak for themselves; but avoiding bias by a great word-smith is priceless.

Thanks for the suggestion.... I'll look for it at my local bookstore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join