It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic fields prevent editor from talking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nefarious

All RIGHT!!!

More proof - excellent find. S&F&

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe there's something to the idea of bombardment to electromagnetic fields.

The human body acts as an antenna for the electromagnetic waves produced by AC electrical transients, much of it in the 50 to 100 kHz range. In October of 2007 The World Health Organization recognized the danger of these frequencies and stated: "high levels of exposure to electric and magnetic fields in the frequency up to 100 kilohertz can affect the nervous systems, resulting in acute health effects, including nerve stimulation." Armed with this knowledge it only makes good sense to protect yourself and your family from these dangerous EMF frequencies.
www.tuberose.com...

This site is about a study on exposing rats to 900MHz electromagnetic field over a period of time.
www.emf-portal.de...

Thyroid Gland May Be Affected by Electromagnetic Frequencies at 900 MHz Effects of 900 MHz electromagnetic field on TSH and thyroid hormones in rats.”
cellphonesafety.wordpress.com...

With so much exposure to electromagnetic fields from cell phones, flat screen monitors and T.V.'s, microwave ovens and such other appliances, I think we are seeing the effects on people. On other the hand, electromagnetic fields could be used as a weapon also.
Than we have chemtrails with heavy metals and chemicals in our skies to add to the already over polluted air and airwaves.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I found that quite distur.......bing.

it doesn't seem safe to me, messing with the brain like that directly, but who knows how far this kind of research can advance modern medicine.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

it doesn't seem safe to me, messing with the brain like that directly, but who knows how far this kind of research can advance modern medicine.

To get a better and far more accurate perspective on this business, go to Google and put in "neurofeedback" and you will be amazed at the amount of legitimacy in this business. EEG training is a booming business for professioinal mental health workers and in most states, they must be licensed to do such training.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

In the report by World Health Association on nonionizing radiation from 1991 we read "Many of biological effects observed in animals exposed to ELF fields appear to be associated, either directly or indirectly, with the nervous system" (2).

ELF waves huh? Since HAARP is capable of generating massive amounts of ELF waves, I am a little more concerned about what they are doing with them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

In the report by World Health Association on nonionizing radiation from 1991 we read "Many of biological effects observed in animals exposed to ELF fields appear to be associated, either directly or indirectly, with the nervous system" (2).

ELF waves huh? Since HAARP is capable of generating massive amounts of ELF waves, I am a little more concerned about what they are doing with them.

Nice to see someone caught on to the info on test on animals and where it was pointing too.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I had seen the footage of the magnet being used to distort a persons speach a while back.
The other day she mentioned Judge Judy and the other people who have had speak issues on-air and I reminded her of that footage and we both found it pecurlar.

I just got done doing a bunch of research on HAARP so I know it can generate ELF waves.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA

Since HAARP type weaponry is widespread we could disperse a grid shield into the air to protect our citizens. We might have to engineer our food to survive the metals or other materials that fall to the ground, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up, including the links in your sig - I researched the beginnings of this stuff a while back and its good to know other people are keeping track of it all

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Oh this is just great news, I reeeeeaaaaalllyyyyyyy need this device to use it with my wife and mother in law, sometimes they just talk for hours and the only solution I have is to run away. NOW THERE IS THE WAY TO STOP ALL THIS!!! Give the guys who discovered this the NOBEL PRIZE!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sensory-motor brain network connectivity for speech comprehension

The act of listening to speech activates a large network of brain areas. In the present work, a novel data-driven technique (the combination of independent component analysis and Granger causality) was used to extract brain network dynamics from an fMRI study of passive listening to Words, Pseudo-Words, and Reverse-played words. Using this method we show the functional connectivity modulations among classical language regions (Broca's and Wernicke's areas) and inferior parietal, somatosensory, and motor areas and right cerebellum. Word listening elicited a compact pattern of connectivity within a parieto-somato-motor network and between the superior temporal and inferior frontal gyri. Pseudo-Word stimuli induced activities similar to the Word condition, which were characterized by a highly recurrent connectivity pattern, mostly driven by the temporal lobe activity. Also the Reversed-Word condition revealed an important influence of temporal cortices, but no integrated activity of the parieto-somato-motor network. In parallel, the right cerebellum lost its functional connection with motor areas, present in both Word and Pseudo-Word listening. The inability of the participant to produce the Reversed-Word stimuli also evidenced two separate networks: the first was driven by frontal areas and the right cerebellum toward somatosensory cortices; the second was triggered by temporal and parietal sites towards motor areas. Summing up, our results suggest that semantic content modulates the general compactness of network dynamics as well as the balance between frontal and temporal language areas in driving those dynamics. The degree of reproducibility of auditory speech material modulates the connectivity pattern within and toward somatosensory and motor areas. © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.

Summarized, the above study shows we have done some serious honing in on various aspects of the brain in the past few years with the above study focusing on language processing. As we learn to map out the brain's processes we will learn how to more acutely affect it.

Here are publications from the Oxford Brain & Cognition Lab, Department of Experimental Psychology. Just one of which:

Indexing the graded allocation of visuospatial attention using anticipatory alpha oscillations

Lateralization in the desynchronization of anticipatory occipitoparietal alpha (8–12 Hz) oscillations has been implicated in the allocation of selective visuospatial attention. Previous studies have demonstrated that small changes in the lateralization of alpha-band activity are predictive of behavioral performance but have not directly investigated how flexibly alpha lateralization is linked to top-down attentional goals. To address this question, we presented participants with cues providing varying degrees of spatial certainty about the location at which a target would appear. Time-frequency analysis of EEG data demonstrated that manipulating spatial certainty led to graded changes in the extent to which alpha oscillations were lateralized over the occipitoparietal cortex during the cue-target interval. We found that individual differences in alpha desynchronization contralateral to attention predicted reaction times, event-related potential measures of perceptual processing of targets, and beta-band (15–25 Hz) activity typically associated with response preparation. These results support the hypothesis that anticipatory alpha modulation is a plausible neural mechanism underlying the allocation of visuospatial attention and is under flexible top-down control.

And here's one I would give a "WOW" to: focusing on subliminal processing. We already have some very talented subliminal "arts", and I call them arts due to currently understanding them to lack a more scientific-orientated empirical data set. Then again, maybe learning how to wirelessly manipulate subliminal influence may not be any more impressive than overriding one's very consciousness.

Subliminally Presented and Stored Objects Capture
Spatial Attention

edit on 14-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by MR BOB

To get a better and far more accurate perspective on this business, go to Google and put in "neurofeedback" and you will be amazed at the amount of legitimacy in this business. EEG training is a booming business for professional mental health workers and in most states, they must be licensed to do such training.

It's quite true - the ability to tap directly into the brain has phenomenal legitimate uses, from marginalizing many disabilities to even learning what areas require repair and thus eventually how to repair them. Though I wouldn't consider ignoring DOD and related agencies to be a "far more accurate" pursuit.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Excellent - I know a bunch of people who should be made to shut up.....

But, we would miss you and the gang so much!!
It just wouldn't be the same if you guys retired, I personally enjoy the banter. LOL

Parker

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Not much interest, perhaps largely due to the complex language used in much of the referenced materials. But I have to post this:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In previous research, we found that rats acutely (2 hr) exposed to a 60-Hz sinusoidal magnetic field at intensities of 0.1-0.5 millitesla (mT) showed increases in DNA single- and double-strand breaks in their brain cells. Further research showed that these effects could be blocked by pretreating the rats with the free radical scavengers melatonin and N-tert-butyl-alpha-phenylnitrone, suggesting the involvement of free radicals. In the present study, effects of magnetic field exposure on brain cell DNA in the rat were further investigated. Exposure to a 60-Hz magnetic field at 0.01 mT for 24 hr caused a significant increase in DNA single- and double-strand breaks. Prolonging the exposure to 48 hr caused a larger increase. This indicates that the effect is cumulative. In addition, treatment with Trolox (a vitamin E analog) or 7-nitroindazole (a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor) blocked magnetic-field-induced DNA strand breaks. These data further support a role of free radicals on the effects of magnetic fields. Treatment with the iron chelator deferiprone also blocked the effects of magnetic fields on brain cell DNA, suggesting the involvement of iron. Acute magnetic field exposure increased apoptosis and necrosis of brain cells in the rat. We hypothesize that exposure to a 60-Hz magnetic field initiates an iron-mediated process (e.g., the Fenton reaction) that increases free radical formation in brain cells, leading to DNA strand breaks and cell death. This hypothesis could have an important implication for the possible health effects associated with exposure to extremely low-frequency magnetic fields in the public and occupational environments.

Very interesting with the melatonin post-treatment, which has been noted in recent talks about using melatonin as one method of naturally reducing radiation effects from the Japan fallout. Also intriguing in this is how melatonin is related to sleep - perhaps this rest and de-radification process will be linked (at least in part) to why animals on this planet have developed the need to sleep.

It's also quite interesting to note the pre-treatment use of "Trolox (a vitamin E analog), 7-nitroindazole (a nitric oxide synthase inhibitor)...[and] iron chelator deferiprone" for reduction of the DNA detriment.

And perhaps to sign the thread's death:

The GOD Helmet

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join