It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nails from Jesus's cross found, filmmaker claims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Nails from Jesus's cross found, filmmaker claims

www.rawstory.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Could two of the nails used to crucify Jesus have been discovered in a 2,000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem?

And could they have mysteriously disappeared for 20 years, only to turn up by chance in a Tel Aviv laboratory?

That is the premise of the new documentary film "The Nails of the Cross" by veteran investigator Simcha Jacobovici, which even before its release has prompted debate in the Holy Land.

The film follows three years of research during which Jacobovici presents his assertions -- some based on empirical data, others requiring much imagination and a leap
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well there we have it. Proof positive!
No one would actually try and concoct a fraud about Jesus to further and agenda would they? This is the most despicable kind of manipulation of the faithful, I can imagine.

The promotion of relics goes back a long way and this is just more of the same wraped up in academic high tech language.

www.metmuseum.org...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-4-2011 by whaaa because: ivy and chains

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hey.. dont copy my thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Most excellent find!!
Now more religious idiots will flock to the holy land to kiss the skull of St. yora.
Oh and look at the genuine, rabbi certified jesus nails!!
They are stretchin tho aren't they?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am a firm believer, as a christian.
Lets be realistic, Look at the amount of people who where crusified during that time.
What are the chances that the nails were used on Jesus?
Slim to none.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Sorry, but I believe the same story can be in two different categories.

topic.....I have some thorns and scraps of leather I found in a cave. whoa, must have some real significance.
edit on 12-4-2011 by whaaa because: ivy and chains

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
lol there are enough nails from the True Cross out in the world to build a backyard deck....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
MODS ?! I made a thread about this hours ago.... so now its okay to make dublicate threads ?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Oh boy a new crop of Jesus nails. I've heard numerous times, that throughout the centuries there have been so many "Jesus nails" That one could create a whole fleet of wooden ships, or build numerous houses. Religious relics are purely a scam designed to fill the seats of churches, to scam people out of money to see said relics, and to perpetuate the myth that man made religions are purely historical accounts, when they are nothing more than fables.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So nails were invented and ONLY used for Christ back then? no one else used nails for any other reason and tombs weren't nailed shut?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HalLangerhans

lol yeah dont get me started about relics from the True Cross floating out there...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've found the Holy Grail too.

Also, Muhammed's holy sword.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

LOL you hasve it on the shelf next to Excalibur and the Ark of the Covenant?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I remember watching a film about some scientists taking DNA from something like this that belonged to jesus christ. They engineered and brought him back but, with some slight alteration to the DNA.

I don't like this. its further evidence to my theory that they really ARE gonna fake a second coming.
edit on 12-4-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Hahaha
Indeed.

It's the only thing that put's me off the Indiana Jones films - Just stands to show, we all like a bit of religious hocus pocus.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

i totally agree. is'nt this is what the search engine is for?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Most scholars believe jesus hung from a tree not naild to the cross. Even the bibles says it a couple times.

Galatians 3:13
1 Peter 2:24

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Those are NOT the actual nails from the True Cross. The real ones (all three) are sitting in my office on the shelf beside the face napkin and tunic of Christ. Those are cheap 2nd century knock-offs sold by crafty Bedouins to Christian Tourists from Rome. Nice craftsmanship though.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
check out this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

As far as I remember you can have duplicate threads when one is in the breaking news forum. To many times I've seen people say this and mods allowing it when one of them is in this part of the forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join