It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paedophiles, the media, and You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Before I start, I think I would like to make a few points clear.

I am not in any way whatsoever condoning paedophiles, be it a sick act, or mental illness that is not the goal of the thread or this post.

I know the focus of this thread will primarily not actually be about paedophilia but Ephebophilia; though as many people refer to it as being a paedophile anyway, that is the single term I shall use.

Rather importantly I myself have never committed any sexual act which would be deemed illegal in the country now and always have lived.

The media conditions us every day of our lives, even when we say we are aware of this and so it has no effect on us it does. The subject of paedophiles is a good issue to show this because there are so many different reviews on the matter based upon a whole mother-load of circumstances.

In this thread I aim to point out the hypocritical and contradictive stances we all take on this issue. Including myself.

Point 1- Is it even a paedophile you are talking about? (Yes I know I just mentioned this)
We as a society seem to be overly prepared to jump on the wagon to shout ‘paedophile’ every time someone is accused of having sexual relations with someone under the ‘age of consent’. It’s a knee jerk reaction we have been conditioned to follow, however it is not always strictly true.

A paedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent children, whilst a hebephile is attracted to those in the early years of puberty (neither pre or post pubescent) and an ephebophile is attracted to older adolescents, 15-18 perhaps. These are in fact very important terms.

Purely from a moral standpoint this could release a whole new set of arguments, is it arguably okay to be an ephebophile? What about a hebophile? As both of these attractions can naturally lead to a child and as seems to be the course in natures, animals start giving birth when it is physically possible. It is mere social norms that stop this being more common place with humans.

Perhaps that is a good thing as it protects the minds of young adolescents who perhaps are not ready for the emotional issues involved. Sure some 15 year or even 14 year olds MAY be ready emotionally, but we do have to lay a blanket rule to protect the majority who probably arn’t.

Point 2- Going back to the emotional issue, is there one? Or did we create it? We need not look far into the past to see the ‘age of consent’ was far lower than it is now. 12 in England until 1875 where it became 13 until the year 1885 when it finally moved to 16 for both sexes. And more recently still in Italy and the Vatican state in 1929 the age of consent was still 12.

Now I am in no two minds that a 12 year old of today is not ready to have sex, that makes perfect sense to me. But apparently less than 100 years ago this was not a view common across even all western nations. Less than 100 years ago girls and boys were seemingly able to handle these relations (and while I do not for one second want to say their lives were perfect) without all being mentally scarred and unable to operate a life after having sex at such an age.
So it would stand to reason that within the past couple of centuries, the human race has developed in such a way that makes people of this age unable to handle the emotional issues. Which, especially for those further into puberty at perhaps the ages of 15 and 16...starts to knock away physical and even natural emotional issues. And reveals man-made emotions issues.

For those who simply can-not see this, imagine the children of today working down mines all day every day. I can’t see them being able to manage such feats but they once did. It’s man made social norms that has changed this.

Point 3- You deal with and accept paedophiles everyday...and you accept it. To many Americans on this board, you are currently reading and judging my post as is everyone else, yet to you I should be considered a paedophile. For I am 18 and have had sexual relations with3 girls under the age of 18. (Me 17 her 16), (Me 18 her 17), (Me 18 her 16). Yet in my country this is perfectly legal and normal. Many Americans who would deem this behaviour disgusting in their own states have regarded me in the past on this site with no hatred.
Just as I would regard someone from Italy with no hatred despite the fact that the age of consent there is 14...and 13 if the older person is less than three years older. Acts which in my country I would deem wrong.

Now there would be no issue here if perhaps Americans (where the age of consent is 18) thought it fine to have sexual relations with a 14 year old, merely illegal. But i would imagine the majority would find it abhorrent to even consider. Yet don’t consider Italians as a dirty bunch of paedos.

This is the point I am trying to make...because the media is constantly bombarding us with stories about how Italians ARE paedophiles (For the purpose of this point, not a personal view, though the fact it isn’t a personal view only supports the point haha) We don’t consider them to be. That is a social norm brought about by ourselves and the media that makes no sense. The media through their full on style reporting of ‘paedophiles’ in our own countries yet no existent reporting of the laws in other countries has made our opinions on what is acceptable change depending on where we are.

Now I was under the impression that a girl of 16 moving from Arizona to the UK will not suddenly have their intelligence or maturity altered. Yet when she gets to England and has sex there will be no reports of this in America, despite the fact that if she had only days before moving it would have been big news.

And more importantly the government acts the same, while making a criminal of 20 year old in America who has sex with a 16 year old, it does business with the UK where that is perfectly legal. And yet we both consider ourselves civilised nations.

Which brings me back to the start....even those of us who believe we know what the media does and wouldn’t let it affect us. Are affected in such major ways. To lengths of saying people should die for committing acts we accept of others.

Welcome to our fudged up world people.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
PEADO!!!

lol, but seriously, you make a good point, but only a peadohpile would give it that much thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have put away so many that to myself it is simply a case of breathing oxygen, its by default, its simply what and On the off chance one and not the op decides to engage me, make sure you understand the foundation that a human without the ability to defend itself within the intellect imposed by our society is by no means deprived from what we as intellectuals may or may not choose to interact with. In short....im am..a simple nightmare when defending such individuals.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
couldn't agree more...

ephebophile is where it is at

It makes me sick how a 20 year old can get sent to jail and become a sexual offender by sleeping with a 16 year old, who he probably didn't rape or anything, just her parents found out and threw a #storm.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It pisses me off as well, especially being 20 and knowing alot of hot 16 yr olds.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChildoftheAnnunaki

Well thats the point...I am one...by the standards in say Arizona...but not by the ones where I live in England....so anyone from Arizona should hate me purely because I'm English and accept such behaviour but they don't.

Thats the way the media has brought us up, double standards....who is right who is wrong? Are any of us right?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

I'm in the UK as well, so you know some hot 16 yr olds ay? Hook a brother up!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChildoftheAnnunaki
reply to post by StevenDye

I'm in the UK as well, so you know some hot 16 yr olds ay? Hook a brother up!

Dazzle me..these kind requests are spam rather than serious intros. So dude...chill out...trust me on this one.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Lol i'm only messing about, jeeze 16's a bit young for me nowadays i'm afraid.

Plus they'd probably wanna listen to some bollox like Rihanna in the car... # that.

new topics

top topics

join