It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future homes of Atlantis, Endeavour, Discovery and Enterprise!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was so happy to see that Atlantis will stay right here at the Kennedy Space Center. I was a little annoyed that they were saying how we possibly wouldnt get one. I know I am proud of the space program here and I know many others who are as well. It will be nice to have one here that you can go see! Finally I will get to see one. I was hoping for Discovery here but it will be at the Smithsonian.

Ok so here is will they will all end up.

Discovery

The Discovery, which completed its final flight last month, is headed to the Smithsonian, for display at the spacious Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center near Washington Dulles International Airport.

Endeavour

The Endeavour, currently on the launching pad for its final space trip, will go to the California Science Center.

Atlantis

The Atlantis, scheduled for its last mission in June, will go to the Kennedy visitor complex.

Enterprise

The Enterprise, which was used for early glide tests but was never sent into orbit, will now go the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum in Manhattan.

Currently the Enterprise is at the Smithsonian but with Discovery going there they don't need two so Enterprise will have a new home.

source

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

BIG disappointment For the Boeing Air and Space Museum!!!

we spent 7 million on the Building to
"house" it...

www.museumofflight.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Kinda makes you wonder ??? Why dont they feel the need to continue Space exploration ??? Do they know something we dont ???

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandelbrot2012

No one ever said they were stopping. The shuttle is ending, they are going to make a new type of shuttle.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Yeah well we launched them

Yeah I was surprised one didn't go there.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
Kinda makes you wonder ??? Why dont they feel the need to continue Space exploration ??? Do they know something we dont ???

We don't need to go to space because...

Space is coming to us?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Space is coming to us?

Did you not hear mblahnikluver .....They are building a new one .....Yea right ....Winning ...Why would Nasa waste their time with Space travel? When the human race's chances for survival are so slim .....Space is coming to us Google : ELEnin
edit on 12-4-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Space is coming to us?

Did you not hear mblahnikluver .....They are building a new one .....Yea right ....Winning ...Why would Nasa waste their time with Space travel? When the human race's chances for survival are so slim .....Space is coming to us Google : ELEnin
edit on 12-4-2011 by Mandelbrot2012 because: (no reason given)

This is not the first time that NASA has been without a manned spaceflight vehicle for a few years. This is also not the first time that a comet has made a relatively close approach to earth (indeed, even Hartley 2 last year was closer). It's not the end of the world, it's just another comet.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Agreed!

Many people though seem to automatically think they are just done. I hear it all the time and I live by the Kennedy Space Center. You would think people would know more but they don't. They shuttles are old and they need new ones that is basically all it is. I look forward to the new one, hopefully by then I can help assist with those since I will have my degree then.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Atlantis Display KSC plans

Found this via FB and thought I would add it to this thread for those who might be interested.

This is what they plan on doing with Atlantis when it is finally set up at the KSC here in Cape Canaveral. I so can't wait ot see this display.

*sorry I couldn't get any external quotes from it...The link keeps freezing my computer

join